Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

More games in the JPT - PL Academy Teams Involved

Comments

• Options
    Have been subjected to this already in the Dutch 2nd division over the last few seasons.Jong Ajax,Jong PSV
    play home matches on training grounds that hold 2250 at Ajax and 2500 at PSV both get gates of about 600.
    Jong FC Twente also played for two season in this division getting 400 people at home games in a ground that holds 30,000.The last few matches for Twente moved to FC EMMEN which would take 90 minutes to get too.
    Twente pulled out after two seasons,running costs was one of the reasons .

No way should one be subjected to this and i do mean the players and not fans.Anything that gives the bigger clubs a helping hand while giving the smaller clubs nothing should be stopped before its starts.
  • Options
    If we had a group stage of just League 1 and League 2. 48 teams, 12 groups of 4, 6 each in the North and South. Each side playing 3 game each, the top 2 automatically through to the knock out stages. Then the best 4 3rd placed sides in North going and the best 4 3rd placed sides in South also going through. Then knock-out from there.
  • Options
    How to make an already poxy competition worse.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I can't help thinking it would be amusing if, after getting relegated again, Newcastle were drawn against Sunderland U21s, or Villa -v- West Brom U21s in the JPT.
  • Options
    Tutt-Tutt said:

It needs a fan boycott from all League One/Two teams. The competition needs to labelled a reserve or development competition by fans. Johnson's Paint also needs to be given a boycott to put the sponsors under pressure and then they need to be bombarded on social media.

Believe there are new sponsors this season, yet to be announced, but a valid point nonetheless.
  • Options
    Did AFC Wimbledon delete their statement?
  • Options
    It won't last, the PL clubs will start to pull out. Put a bunch of cocky overpaid kids against seasoned pros who will resent the fact that they are not in the same wage bracket and that a realistic chance of getting to a Wembley final has been taken away from them and I suspect some seasoned pros will start teaching the kids a few things that are not in the book. Similarly, every young FL player will want to show how good a tackler they are in the hope of getting spotted. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those PL kids get seriously hurt.
  • Options
    I assume Katrien voted in favour of this in the event in Portugal.

I wonder how she will explain it to fans in the next fans forum?
  • Options
    The most ridiculous point of their rationale is that it's to help home grown talent? Most of the top teams in the premier league recruit the best players from Europe and Africa, plus of course as someone else mentioned, they hoover the smaller clubs at home. Chelsea are one of the worst for this, but continue to tout how successful they are. The only way to stop this is by putting restrictions on recruitment policies not just in the first teams but the actual academies. This is the only we you will see the premier league clubs support home grown talent. Don't get me wrong some cat 1 sides are doing this but the top 5 are not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It won't last, the PL clubs will start to pull out. Put a bunch of cocky overpaid kids against seasoned pros who will resent the fact that they are not in the same wage bracket and that a realistic chance of getting to a Wembley final has been taken away from them and I suspect some seasoned pros will start teaching the kids a few things that are not in the book. Similarly, every young FL player will want to show how good a tackler they are in the hope of getting spotted. It wouldn't surprise me if some of those PL kids get seriously hurt.

For this reason, I don't think they will even field their first choice U21s, it'll be trialists and those they don't think are going to make the grade.
  • Options

For this reason, I don't think they will even field their first choice U21s, it'll be trialists and those they don't think are going to make the grade.
    The "six regular starters" rule (or however many it is) should also apply to the Premier League U21 sides.

If we have to take the comp seriously so can that lot; if they don't, fine them heavily and distribute the cash to Divisions Three and Four.
  • Options
    If only Steve was our Chief Exec to put forward a response to the changes. Explains more than KM will ever know about it.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/efl-trophy-changes-3141983.aspx

• Options
    except their page has disappeared and statement not found!
  • Options
    redman said:

Like the Wimbledon one.. Weird. {...}
  • Options

If only Steve was our Chief Exec to put forward a response to the changes. Explains more than KM will ever know about it.

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/news/article/efl-trophy-changes-3141983.aspx

I've read it. Good article but personally I'd kill the competition off because the bottom line is that no one wants to watch it.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    redman said:

Well I just clicked on the link I attached above and it's definitely there
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Paint Pot Trophy, whatever call it.

Strong words from Wimbledon about the EPL U-21s coming into it. I think they've got a point. We voted against it too apparently.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=118558

• Options
    So the Premier League have added a miilion pounds to the prize money?

What's the point of that if the final is between 2 Premier League U21 teams? They'll just get the money back...

Someone has not thought this through...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It's going to be ridiculous when Liverpool kids play Arsenal juniors in the final of the competition.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Hopefully the U21s all get knocked out in the First Round (Its not like they'll get an easy ride seeing Charlton have struggled against Dartford in the past)

Might make people realise that the Football League isnt that bad at all
  • Options
    On a serious note though, why not get the County FAs to increase the Prize Money in their County Cups.

Every League team who has an U21 side should be made to enter it which'll give some help to the Non-League sides
  • Options
    I find it hard to be bothered about this change, as I have no interest in the JPT anyway. I never went to any of the games in our previous L1 stay, and looking at the attendance at our sole game in the 2012/12 promotion season, where we lost 3-0 at home to Brentford in front of 3,486 people, so it doesn't look like many other supporters were bothered either.
  • Options

I find it hard to be bothered about this change, as I have no interest in the JPT anyway. I never went to any of the games in our previous L1 stay, and looking at the attendance at our sole game in the 2012/12 promotion season, where we lost 3-0 at home to Brentford in front of 3,486 people, so it doesn't look like many other supporters were bothered either.

Its a typical knockout competition...

No one is interested in the early rounds yet the longer it goes on the more crowds that get attracted... Remember Brentford beating us one year (Semi-Finals) on penalties and watching on TV we'd taken a really good amount of fans.
  • Options

No one is interested in the early rounds yet the longer it goes on the more crowds that get attracted... Remember Brentford beating us one year (Semi-Finals) on penalties and watching on TV we'd taken a really good amount of fans.
    The thing is, promotion out of L1 is so much more important. It's not a major honour like the FA Cup or League Cup, Carlisle United have won it twice, but I bet their fans would prefer promotion to the Championship
  • Options

So the Premier League have added a miilion pounds to the prize money?

What's the point of that if the final is between 2 Premier League U21 teams? They'll just get the money back...

Someone has not thought this through...

I think that you will find that someone, at a Prem club, has...
  • Options

The thing is, promotion out of L1 is so much more important. It's not a major honour like the FA Cup or League Cup, Carlisle United have won it twice, but I bet their fans would prefer promotion to the Championship
    I wouldn't mind another day at Wembley, even in the JPT trophy.
  • Options
    Trouble is it could be a softening up exercise in preparation for the next swingeing change the PL plan to muscle in.
  • Options

Hopefully the U21s all get knocked out in the First Round (Its not like they'll get an easy ride seeing Charlton have struggled against Dartford in the past)

Might make people realise that the Football League isnt that bad at all

Can you see that happening? I'd guess that the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Man city's U21s are better than your average L1 and L2 team