Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

WHITE SWAN PUB (p.7 - Closed, just to add to the happy vibe)

Comments

• robroy said:

He has this link so will have a read.

He has been a head chef himself, so I would expect the food to improve massively!

Played there for the Demelza house charity gig 18 months ago, good music pub as well, if he's looking to book bands, get him to give us a shout. Cheers
  • It's ok but it's not the Rad

Ben can anyone enter the rad on matchday or is it members only
    @blackpool72

It is a CIU club so strictly speaking members only but they rarely have someone on the door.

If they do a member can sign you in. Brian is usually in there early and he's a member.

Couple of our mates signed up for membership as you soon save the £25 on the cheap beer.

@blackpool72

It is a CIU club so strictly speaking members only but they rarely have someone on the door.

If they do a member can sign you in. Brian is usually in there early and he's a member.

Couple of our mates signed up for membership as you soon save the £25 on the cheap beer.
    Cheers mate.

@blackpool72

Cheers mate.
    Mine's a pint of London Pride : - )
  • edited January 2019
    Danny has read all of these and taken them all on board and said will be putting into practice on Saturday :)
  • robroy said:

Under new management as of tonight. My mate is taking over, he was asking if many Charlton fans go in on a match day.

I have to say I have not been in there since the Prem days. Any advice on improvements needed?

Show your season ticket/match ticket and get 10% off drinks on matchdays? Also encourages people to come back up the hill after games.
    We asked about that at the start of the season and they said it didn't apply even though it stated that on their website.
  • edited January 2019
    They always give me a reduction :smile:

@blackpool72

Not an easy trip to The New Peninsula Valley though.

• edited January 2019
    Just a staffing change I understand.....due to “issues”. It’s still Geoff’s pub.
  • Sponsored links:

• Yes I just asked a mate too. Geoff still involved.
  • robroy said:

Under new management as of tonight. My mate is taking over, he was asking if many Charlton fans go in on a match day.

I have to say I have not been in there since the Prem days. Any advice on improvements needed?

Show your season ticket/match ticket and get 10% off drinks on matchdays? Also encourages people to come back up the hill after games.
    You certainly used to get a discount on every drink if you showed a CAMERA card. The pricing was set deliberately high to get rid of most of the local alkies who had plagued it for years, so they could afford to support the CAMERA discount card.
  • Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) I think.
  • Have at least two sours or saisons in the fridge at all times and I'll be there more often :)
  • Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA) I think.

Oops, schoolboy error. Probably why I didn't get a discount last time. Thought it was a bit odd offering a discount for my Jessop's card.
  • Oh and do the cider festival again, I loved that!
  • Oh yeah, the beer festival was gooood.
  • You've got a good one there.

Danny is very attentive and driven.

As has been said, he's been a head chef and run a few pubs in and around Bognor/Chichester and has always improved them from when he took over.

Lovely family as well.
  • edited January 2019
    Discount card has been available for a couple of years.
  • Sponsored links:

• If he can remove some of the furniture for the day to make more space for drinkers, he should be on to a winner.
  • If he can remove some of the furniture for the day to make more space for drinkers, he should be on to a winner.

Apparently he will be doing that....and if some of the selfish twats that hog the bar move so you can buy a drink that may help.
  • As an aside, if my memory serves me correctly, he's a Spurs fan.
  • Vincenzo said:
    £5 for a scotch egg or sausage roll & £9 for a burger.
    Good luck with that if it's correct and doesn't include either chips or a pint :smile:
  • Vincenzo said:
    £5 for a scotch egg or sausage roll & £9 for a burger.
    Good luck with that if it's correct and doesn't include either chips or a pint :smile:
    Vegan sausage roll?
  • Scotch Egg £5!!!

No thank you.
  • My missus used to make Scotch Eggs. They came out ENORMOUS. I'd charge a fiver for one of those.
  • Much better, and more room with the large table gone and no bar stools(well, just one).
    👍
  • Much better, and more room with the large table gone and no bar stools(well, just one).
    👍

Agreed even let us use the ladies....
  • As several people had suggested, they took the tables and chairs out of a central area in the bar and that made a big difference. The two pint plastic pots were also a good move.