Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bexley parks & Recreation

Any idea why nobody seems to be cutting the grass? Every grassy area seems to be knee deep. More cut backs??

Comments

• Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

Any idea why nobody seems to be cutting the grass? Every grassy area seems to be knee deep. More cut backs??

Ron Swanson has just been appointed by Bexley Council?
  • Options
    I would imagine it is not about cuts, rather about having managed grasslands. Very fashionable across the country, but genuinely good for encouraging and supporting ecology in urban areas. It creates a habitat for all sorts of animals and insects which are good for our environment.
  • Options
    And dog shit you can't see when your walking.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

That would be my guess.

Makes it difficult for a kick about with my son. I need a perfect playing surface to demonstrate my tricks.
  • Options
    I took my granddaughters to the swing park yesterday and the grass in there was a foot long. Also saw a kiddie on the rope slide who was wearing a Palarse shirt, does it make me a bad person that I hoped he fell off?
  • Options

I would imagine it is not about cuts, rather about having managed grasslands. Very fashionable across the country, but genuinely good for encouraging and supporting ecology in urban areas. It creates a habitat for all sorts of animals and insects which are good for our environment.

Appreciate this in areas that are a bit more "rugged" but parkland etc should be mown. Even the football pitches down by Hall Place are overgrown
  • Options
    Cue council blaming the weather for exceptional grass growth.
  • Options
    I think the council have run out of money.
  • Options
    I have been away for the weekend and we have a council by election coming up. Over the weekends both Labour and the Tories have put leaflets through the door. The Tories are boasting on their leflets about the parks, no mention of the grass within them.

My local park Stephens is a joke. Rarely cut and when it is it's not raked when cut making it a right mess. We go on about obesity in this country, but we don't even provide at times even the most basic of environments for people to play sport in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They are selling them all off for housing as they are not being maintained (unless they are behind the leaders house) https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=bexley is bonkers I thought Greenwich was poorly run until I moved here!!
  • Options

It's a disgrace, and quietly frankly it's dangerous for us short people.

I needed a machete just to wade my way through the grass verge outside AFKA Towers yesterday.

Is it not more dangerous for everyone else's ankles if you're unsighted and swooshing a machete about??
  • Options
    The Tory government cuts, that is why.
  • Options
    was out walking the dog over hall place yesterday and it was knee deep over the back fields.

live opposite martens grove and that's quite well looked after.
  • Options

was out walking the dog over hall place yesterday and it was knee deep over the back fields.

live opposite martens grove and that's quite well looked after.

My old dears live pretty much next to Martens Grove and its always reasonably well looked after.

I run with one of the Bexley Parks and Recreation top officers on a Wednesday, so I'll try and find out what I can from him and report back...

• Options
    msomerton said:

The Tory government non cuts, that is why.

That's why the grass is so high.
  • Options
    Some of the Boroughs most prestige gardens are now maintained by volunteers. Like the old English garden in Danson Park. If not the council intended to turf over all the flower beds. Even in here the grass is not cut. Bexley council disgrace ,!
  • Options
    They're trying to sell the green spaces off anyway, so they won't have to worry about them soon.
  • Options
    I took my dogs to small park near me, threw the ball once and it took me and the dogs half an hour to find it in the grass, by which time it was time to go home.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Grass hedges by Dartford Heath are high - makes it less inviting.
  • Options
    Sidcup Place hasn't been cut for months, bit of a coincident as me and a mate were talking about this bout an hour ago whilst walking past it.
  • Options
    Was driving on a dual carriageway the other day and on the approach to a roundabout there was a grass verge between the two carriageways. The grass was so bloody tall that I could barely see any vehicles already on the roundabout. Granted I am a shortarse but if it carries on growing even normal people are going to struggle!
  • Options
    What a state this country/council is in if they cannot cut bloody grass due to cut backs.