Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reading sack McDermott again....

....a stupid sacking if you ask me. Not given the chance to at least trying building his own team again over the summer having been in charge only 5 or 6 months. I would be delighted if he was our manager seeing as we are trying to go British.

Comments

• He can do better than us under Roland.
  • Is almost like his achievement getting Reading into the Premier League first time round was a fluke
  • Both times they sacked him, he can consider himself unlucky
  • I think Roly and Katrien's 'model' must be catching on.
  • He can probably get himself another job in the championship fairly easily. Wouldn't think he'd need to drop to league 1.
  • He can probably get himself another job in the championship fairly easily. Wouldn't think he'd need to drop to league 1.

would think that he's a no go as far as the Champ owners would be concerned .. sacked at Leeds and Reading .. like Holloway, Adkins etc. he might have been a one trick act, the right man in the right job with the right team at the right time .. and now that time and place have passed
  • Has quite a long history with our new Chief Scout I think
  • Unlucky to get the sack, especially as there is some serious belt-tightening going on at Reading, given the reduction in parachute payments.

Who knows but maybe the success of other Thai owners at Leicester and (relatively speaking) Sheffield Wednesday made Reading's owners more impatient.
  • He would be my number one choice over Adkins, Clarke, Slade etc. Very good manager
  • Sponsored links:

• Not surprised. Their recent run of results have been horrific.....
  • Has quite a long history with our new Chief Scout I think

Yes, would be good IMO, given total control over signings - first one in Kermorgant following him from Reading.
    Just a dream - know it's never going to happen.
  • He obviously failed to defend the glory of Reading.