Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Duchatelet to take control (again?) of St Truiden

Comments

• Options
    From his girlfriend???

I thought he never sold it in the first place?
  • Options

Roland Duchâtelet makes his comeback in the Belgian football: the businessman would first division Sint-Truiden on buying current chairman Bart Lammens. Reported Knack.
    STVV called this morning hastily convened the press to announce the takeover of the club. At first it was not known who the buyer, but Knack now understands that it is the former owner Roland Duchâtelet. The businessman was the owner of the club until 2011, when he bought Standard. Security we get to 10.30, as the press conference starts at Stayen.
    Bart Lammens took STVV in 2011 of Duchâtelet but looked lately because of the difficult financial situation of the club to a buyer. Moreover, the persistent efforts of Duchâtelet would also be increasingly annoyed him. The acquisition also explains why Duchâtelet recently pulled up in the selection process for a new head coach, following the Northern Irishman Chris O'Loughlin.
    Duchâtelet also owns Charlton (England), Alcorcon (Spain) and Carl Zeiss Jena (Germany). STVV started well last season in the Jupiler Pro League, but after stalwarts like Rob Schoofs and Junior Edmilson disappeared, took the sports performance of the Canaries dive. The fans went to murmur and attendances continued to decline in recent months.
  • Options
    so why were STVV fans recently protesting about RD if he didn't even own them at that time?
  • Options

From his girlfriend???

I thought he never sold it in the first place?

Didnt he have to "sell" it because he had Standard Liege as well... I guess he's "buying" it back because he no longer owns Liege so like you say its probably just a stunt to show he is the owner again with the two sides in the same Division.
  • Options
    ENGRoland Duchâtelet returns to the Jupiler Pro League. He will be the owner of Sint-Truiden. He was previously the owner of that club until 2011. Different sources report that Sint-Truiden the takeover friday morning during a press conference will make known. The current owner, Bart Lammens sells the club. Duchâtelet is also owner of the German Carl Zeiss Jena, the English Charlton Athletic and the Spanish Alcórcon. He is already at Charlton securely under fire. The supporters want him as soon as possible.
  • Options
    What about Knick and Paddy Whack ?
  • Options
    Roland loves football but football hates Roland.
  • Options
    WTF? i must have missed something for the past 2 years, becuase I thought he still owned them, or at least had something to do with them, hence the reason a group of our fans kept going over there and protesting!

I fear though, that this will only encourage him to continue his experiement a bit longer.

Shit!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought he already owned them ?
  • Options
    This is a good opportunity for us to continue to embarrass the Belgian connection. It has no impact on CAFC (other than giving Duchatalet another rich seam of managerial and playing talent to foist on us) but allows another source of protests on his own doorstep. He really is a prime prick, isn't he?
  • Options
    I definitely think he is starting to realise he will fail more and more with us so he will take Meire to STVV and sell us!!!
  • Options

I definitely think he is starting to realise he will fail more and more with us so he will take Meire to STVV and sell us!!!

Wishful thinking.....he is here for the long run. I just know it. Belgian twat.

Assuming then, that CAFC will not be announcing a new manager the same day as the club's owner announces he is buying another club?
  • Options

In our dreams!
  • Options
    Happy Birthday dear...

Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 35s36 seconds ago London, England
    Roland Duchatelet's wife has been made Chairman at @sttv #cafc
  • Options
    Louis Mendez ‏@LouisMend 35s36 seconds ago London, England
    Roland Duchatelet's wife has been made Chairman at @sttv #cafc

I presume that makes her a legitimate target? All we need now if for him to bring his and Daisy's parents onto the board of one of his clubs and it's open season!
  • Options
    Well he's had a junior in training at Charlton for 2 years - learning how to deal with "difficult" customers, hire and fire staff and hone her communications skills. Maybe now he thinks she is ready to become the CEO at her home club...
  • Options
    Feel free to congratulate him on Facebook (STVV deleted my congratulations so it'll keep their comms team busy for the morning) https://www.facebook.com/kstvv/posts/10153468421390047:0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Quotes from twitter from @jaketbacon from the press conference are interesting.

• Options
    Does he actually believe what comes out of his mouth.
  • Options
    So am I right in thinking that today he has just bought a club that to all intents and purposes already owns and then has then gone on to say taking over a foreign club is not an option.
    Can someone tell this mad feck he has owned us for the last two and a half years.
  • Options
    How is it they still manage to amaze me with their comments?