Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Dave buys his wife a crappy old motor

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-36359921

Two comments. First Mrs cafcfan would, quite rightly, go apeshit if I had the temerity to buy her a motor without her having had the opportunity to see it and test drive it. How is SamCam going to be feeling about this?

Second, a clapped out ancient Nissan Micra - what was he thinking?

No nookie for you for some while Mr Prime Minister....

Comments

• A reaction to not doing a good job of convincing us he wasn't posh the other day?
  • bobmunro said:

It's bullshit. Look at me, I'm a man of the people, I can only afford a clapped out Micra, we're in this together, you've seen my tax return.

Agree. It's a shame they think we care, the modern obsession with PR really gets in the way.
  • Lucky a photographer happened to be there to capture the embarrassment of a PM buying a cheap car for their missus, who isn't embarrassed.

Would have been more convincing if someone had snapped Sam in disguise getting out of a clapped out Micra in Lidl's carpark.
  • Lucky a photographer happened to be there to capture the embarrassment of a PM buying a cheap car for their missus, who isn't embarrassed.

Fair point, i mean no one has a camera phone these days.
  • He's buying it now because prices will soar once we leave the EU.
  • iaitch said:

He's buying it now because prices will soar once we leave the EU.

Not sure how useful a Nissan Micra will be during World War 3
  • to be fair the newer micras aren't bad looking. My missus has an old model and it's literally just a tin can with a motor.
  • He'll be having photo ops while holidaying in Cornwall next... Oh hang on
  • Sponsored links:

Fair point, i mean no one has a camera phone these days.

Yer, can just imagine him allowing a random person take a shot jangling keys to share on Facebook
  • Bit of a random thing to cunt the bloke off over but I suppose that's the world we live in.

With regards to the photo, it was probably taken by a member of staff so the boss could have it in the office, I can't imagine the PM posing like that for the paps
  • Why didn't he buy British
  • Bit of a random thing to cunt the bloke off over but I suppose that's the world we live in.

With regards to the photo, it was probably taken by a member of staff so the boss could have it in the office, I can't imagine the PM posing like that for the paps

That's a nice turn of phrase
  • Oh yeah SamCam can use it to go to Poundland
  • if he'd bought her a 25k Merc would that have drawn such criticism?
  • MrLargo said:

Bit of a random thing to cunt the bloke off over but I suppose that's the world we live in.

It would have been taken by one of Dave's PR team so that it could then be circulated to the media.
    Could be mate, I just meant it wasn't a case of the paps turning up and catching him buying the motor
  • edited May 2016

if he'd bought her a 25k Merc would that have drawn such criticism?

If he had purchased a 25k merc, the c wouldn't be whoring photos to the media
  • Chunes said:

Why didn't he buy British

That Micra was probably made in the UK

A bit weird why Sam Cam needs a cheap small car now, his oldest child is only 12, so it's not as if she'll be learning to drive in it either.

• Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    The Camerons are just hoi polloi like the rest of us despite being an Eton educated millionaire toff married to the daughter of an 'aristocratic' major land owner .. yeah righto
  • Ridiculous publicity stunt! I'm telling you I'd be in deep sh*t if I bought my wife a Micra and I'm out of work!
  • There's pandering, and then there's PANDERING. Well done that man.
  • Did he ask for a discount for cash, just don't mention it to the bloke next door ?
  • The garage owner missed a trick there, I'd have put the red one for £1500 next to the blue one for £2000!
  • edited May 2016

I love the little caption in the corner -" I ate chips once" :smiley:

Edited - actually I have just realised the absurdity of putting that comment up - it's not as though none of you can't read it in the first place, is it! :neutral:
    Sorry, pointless post alert...too much time on his hands...