Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goal of the Season

Comments

• Options
    I'm really looking forward to last season's highlight's DVD - if the club produce one.
  • Options
    1 - Kashi
    2 - Lookman v Brighton
    3 - Lookman v Leeds

Christ we must have scored some shit goals, judging by some of them that made the list.
  • Options

I'm really looking forward to last season's highlight's DVD - if the club produce one.

Always handy when you've got a spare 5 mins to kill.
  • Options

1 - Kashi
    2 - Lookman v Brighton
    3 - Lookman v Leeds

Christ we must have scored some shit goals, judging by some of them that made the list.

my thoughts too, that JBG header is just so ordinary.
  • Options

1 - Kashi
    2 - Lookman v Brighton
    3 - Lookman v Leeds

my thoughts too, that JBG header is just so ordinary.
    This, Reza or Chuchino could have tucked that away
  • Options
    Kashi used up all our good goal tokens at the start of the season then.

Goal A is decent enough, well placed 25 yard drive.
    Goal B is average in execution, but showcases how Makienok could have been effective and is more about the passion of the moment.
    Goal C is the clear winner, the vision and technique is great.
    Goals D and E are practically the same, boring headed goals that we conceded so many of.
    Goal F was good play by Lookman, hitting it into the roof of the net rather than trying to place it.
    Goal G was a decent strike again, but marred by Makienok stretching for it, if he was upright as he struck it, it would be a more attractive goal.
    Goal H was a lucky nutmeg followed by a standard finish.
    Goal I was naff defending on Brentford's part
    Goal J was ok as well, but again the slip by Lookman doesn't look good on a highlight reel.
  • Options
    Kashi has to be the protest vote surely?
  • Options
    F) I has a chat with the Brighton keeper recently who remembered the Looky goal well.
    He said he thought he had all the angles covered but the ball was travelling at "light speed" when it went past him.
  • Options

F) I has a chat with the Brighton keeper recently who remembered the Looky goal well.
    He said he thought he had all the angles covered but the ball was travelling at "light speed" when it went past him.

I think he may have overdone it with light speed :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not exactly a competition is it?

One fantastic goal, some other decent enough goals and a few distinctly average ones.

Still, not exactly blessed in the goal scoring department last season were we.
  • Options
    God, that's an average set of goals. I voted for Fox, because a) that's about the best I felt all season when his goal went in and b) Kashi will have played, what nine games for us and then will no doubt be off to somewhere less depressing next season, which will make it all seem very pointless.

Which it is. Go on Foxy
  • Options
    Absolutely no doubt that Kashi's goal was the best one last season. Ultimately, it doesn't matter though. Last season was shit. It was shit because of out shitty owners. It doesn't bear too much thinking about.
  • Options
    That is the worst goal of the [any period of time] competition I've ever seen.
  • Options
    What happened to Watt?
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited May 2016
    I voted for Lookman against Brighton, as its the best attacking goal. Kashi's goal is currently winning by some margin. A skillful strike but some really ordinary goals there, and even Makeinoks goal shows him cupping his ear to the Charlton supporters, idiot.

All in all, must be the most ordinary goal of the season that I can remember in terms of quality. Surely there must have been some better goals then the close range headers or goals from the keeper dropping the ball from simple crosses.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Should have a "3-0 defeat of the season" competition. Would be a lot more contenders to choose from.

Good idea, perhaps we might also have;

'Manager of the season', 'Protest of the Season' ,'Beach ball lob of the season"

Or there is always ' Katrien rant of the season' .
  • Options
    Voted for D, just because I've always enjoyed the aesthetic of a whipped cross being met with a thumping header by a midfielder arriving late into the penalty area. Jacko's vs Birmingham appeals to me for the same reason.
  • Options
    Kashi
    Lookman v Brighton
    Fox
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They should of included the opposition in with this, there's 80! To choose from the league alone.
  • Options
    IAgree said:

Should have a "3-0 defeat of the season" competition. Would be a lot more contenders to choose from.

Good idea, perhaps we might also have;

'Manager of the season', 'Protest of the Season' ,'Beach ball lob of the season"

Or there is always ' Katrien rant of the season' .
    Katrien meltdown of the season.
  • Options
    What was the best opposition goal against us? I remember Brentford's 3rd at The Valley being quite devestating.

I think the black guy with dreadlocks scored a good one against us at The Valley for preston.

McCormack's 2nd at home.