Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Ginola

Comments

• Options
    Hope he's alright.

The nearest my missus got to getting into football was when he was doing his stuff over here. I'd like to say he reminded her of me, but I'd be in Katrien territory if I did.....
  • Options
    Good luck Davide
  • Options
    Get well soon David
  • Options

One of the most sexy footballers I know.. Stop sorry - one of the greatest footballers during my early years.

Come on Daveeeed! Get well soon. Xx

• Options
    Remember him coming on late for Villa at the Valley and just destroying us.
  • Options
    Genius player. one game against us at the valley he single handedly destroyed us in the 2nd half- the best half of football I can remember seeing from a single player
  • Options
    It's all very confusing.
    Reports say he suffered a heart attack & that he's now in a coma.
    The tweet from his @teamginola account was from his agent apparently.
    I really hope he's ok.
  • Options
    French sports press sounding very concerned. Please get well, beautiful man.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I hope the rumours that he's in a coma are false .
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

One of the most sexy footballers I know.. Stop sorry - one of the greatest footballers during my early years.

In a 'wouldya' for we ladies he would be a definite yes!

My favourite footballer - get well soon David.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Curb_It said:

In a 'wouldya' for we ladies he would be a definite yes!

My favourite footballer - get well soon David.
    That sounds a tad sexist and I for one will be deeply offended
  • Options
    Been searching, but can't find anything saying he is in a coma?
  • Options
    Just stick his name in Twitter there are loads mostly in French.
    All very strange.
    Really hope it's all rubbish & that he's ok.
  • Options
    If he was tweeting @ 6:40pm about the sun then surely he's okay?
  • Options

Been searching, but can't find anything saying he is in a coma?

Here you go.. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3599393/Reports-David-Ginola-rushed-hospital-feared-cardiac-arrest.html
  • Options
    According to French news he's ok after undergoing a triple by pass!!!!!!
    Blooming heck!!!!
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

There seems to be some confusion here around the words "he fainted."

To put it another way, he passed out. From heat exhaustion. Not sure France need to lower the flags to half mast for him just yet.

he only fainted apparently......
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

To put it another way, he passed out. From heat exhaustion. Not sure France need to lower the flags to half mast for him just yet.

Yeah, and they took him in for a by-pass operation as a mere precaution.

I'm glad "Dr" Jimmy isn't my GP!
  • Options
    Off_it said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Dr J those flags came a bit closer to half mast than your initial diagnosis indicated. I'm with Off it I'm changing my GP sorry Jimmy. Get well David
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Off_it said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Well Id certainly not go too far wrong prescribing ValleyGary some anti-smug pills. To be fair, he apparently tweeted that he's fine, you want to take that up with his idiot agent.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Off_it said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Well Id certainly not go too far wrong prescribing ValleyGary some anti-smug pills. To be fair, he apparently tweeted that he's fine, you want to take that up with his idiot agent.
    Says the man that quoted me and put 'LOL' under my comment from last year about KM. I've been biding my time Jimbo.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    According the the BBC a guy trained in CPR saved his life. We have our very own hero on that score in Rylo but yet another example why everyone (at school) should have training in delivering CPR.

It's one of my soapbox issues that I'm very passionate about - it saves lives.
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

According the the BBC a guy trained in CPR saved his life. We have our very own hero on that score in Ryland but yet another example why everyone (at school) should have training in delivering CPR.

Nagged at work and finally got a defib.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

JiMMy 85 said:

Off_it said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Says the man that quoted me and put 'LOL' under my comment from last year about KM. I've been biding my time Jimbo.
    That's surprisingly sad, Gary. If I had the remotest idea what you were talking about, it might not be quite so bad! Edit: also, when people try to get ultra smug, they call me Jimbo... but my name isn't Jim, so I find that quite amusing!
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

According the the BBC a guy trained in CPR saved his life. We have our very own hero on that score in Rylo but yet another example why everyone (at school) should have training in delivering CPR.

Had CPR and defib training for the first time yesterday funny enough. The trainer put up the figures how many people survive from the initial heart failure and it's not pleasant reading for the UK.

The defibs are idiot proof and would save so many.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

Off_it said:

JiMMy 85 said:

That's surprisingly sad, Gary. If I had the remotest idea what you were talking about, it might not be quite so bad! Edit: also, when people try to get ultra smug, they call me Jimbo... but my name isn't Jim, so I find that quite amusing!
    Im a very sad man JIMBO.
  • Options

So he's a 49 year old ex professional footballer who collapsed whilst having a kick about and I'm a fat 48 year old who still runs his guts out on a Sunday. Maybe it's time to hang my boots up.

Maybe time for walking football - exercise is important but the pace has to slow. E.g Squash can be deadly for older people!
  • Options
    Does anything hurt more than a sarcastic LOL ?
  • Options
    Well if I had to pick someone whose opinion I agree with the most on this forum, it would be VG, so the chances of me intentionally doing a sarcastic LOL on purpose are pretty slim. Still, you think you know someone...