Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Euro 2016 Betting

Comments

• Options

I notice the Daily mail are doing wonders for our chances by printing a photo of our expected line up and formation on their website. A photo taken of Ray Lewington's clipboard, then have the cheek to say that he leaked the team. No, you stupid fuckers, YOU leaked it by taking a photo then publishing it.

Couldn't believe it reading it today, fcking clueless
    Just to add, its a fricking training session, not the walk up the tunnel to the game.

Normal procedure to have names for defence v attack drills etc.

Really cant see why hed be carrying around the teamsheet scribbled on paper 5 days before kick off.

Its a nothing story in my opinion but The Sun are still clueless.
  • Options

Sage said:

What do people reckon about Giroud top scorer on E/W?

Without E/W he's 14/1 which is good value I think

Think it's a good bet personally.
    Paddy power and Boylesports are crediting you with a £5 free bet each time he scores as well, if you back stake £25. PP you can do £12.50 e/w.
    That's a pretty interesting one. Am I being stupid but for that does it say E/W is up to 4th place? So Giroud could be 4th top scorer and still get the returns?

Personally think he could do it in the group they have and the route to the final they could have too.

Well worth looking into.. Thanks.
  • Options
    Yeah 4th place at 1/4 of the odds.
  • Options
    £243 if he top scores and £56 if he's 2nd 3rd or 4th, think iv'e worked it out right.
  • Options
    I went £12:50 EW with PP for Giroud.
  • Options
    A.Dzyuba 80/1 (Russia) top goalscorer
  • Options
    Just to make clear the £5 free bet at PP is per game not per goal.

I know they do the free bet offer in the Premier League for every goal scored but they've changed it for the Euros
  • Options

£243 if he top scores and £56 if he's 2nd 3rd or 4th, think iv'e worked it out right.

Either way seems a good bet to me, decent change he'll get top 4 of scorers so would be nice. Thanks again.
  • Options
    My girlfriend just booked us a holiday starting on the 10th to a place that appears to have no bars that would play games.
    I have a feeling that we will do well this year and don't want to miss out on us potentially winning whilst we are out of reach.
    Am I being too optimistic or do I get her to cancel?
  • Options
    tom- k said:

My girlfriend just booked us a holiday starting on the 10th to a place that appears to have no bars that would play games.
    I have a feeling that we will do well this year and don't want to miss out on us potentially winning whilst we are out of reach.

tom- k said:

Can I ask where you're going? I would find it staggering that you can't find a bar which does it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We are going to La Palma in the Canary Islands. Looks like I misunderstood her and she meant no English bars and there should be somewhere showing it.
    Still would be nice to watch it with some English fans too- if we get that far.
  • Options
    I've just heard from a reputable source that Wilshere has done Kane in during training. Haven't got a second source to back it up though.
  • Options
    Going to have a go at HT/FT bets with losing/winning RFCs.
    Always pays at least 25/1
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    JiMMy 85 said:

I've just heard from a reputable source that Wilshere has done Kane in during training. Haven't got a second source to back it up though.

That's the only thing I can find on twitter and it's 7 hours old so hopefully it's not true.

He also posted this 4 hours ago.

• Options
    The kane news was from a spoof account
  • Options
    I hope that's where my mate got it from.
  • Options
    I've been doing a predictor for the past few minutes and I've got the following semi-final lineup

Poland/Croatia v England/Portugal
    Germany/Czech Republic v France/Austria

Spain didn't get out of their group

I'll need to start again
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    Bet365 are doing upto £50 free in-play offer, if a bet is placed before the England-Russia match.

£50 on >0.5 goals, then £50 in-play on 0-0? Worked out in the 2015/16 betting thread...
  • Options
    Winner/Top Goalscorer double - France/Harry Kane at 75-1 is tempting
  • Options

Winner/Top Goalscorer double - France/Harry Kane at 75-1 is tempting

Same odds for France/Lewandowski
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Big_Bob said:

I hope Hodgson works out how our opponents will set up against us and pick his team accordingly. No loyalty - horses for courses please!

There is zero chance of that happening sadly.
    I disagree, I think Hodgson is quite good at scouting the opponent. He did an excellent job of it in Fulham's run to the Europa League final. I think he'll largely pick horses for courses, though that mean Henderson and/or Milner get squeezed into the midfield from the start. It may also mean that Rooney is shoehorned in somewhere.

As for England "going out and playing their way and letting their opponents deal with it," I don't know that they have the style for that. To be fair, few teams do. Spain does. Germany is increasingly possession based because teams sit off them, even if they look more fluid on the counter. For England, I think their best, most natural game against many teams will be to press the ball high up the pitch, win it back, and look to hit teams quickly. Vardy, Kane, Dier, Alli, Rose, and Walker all play this way at club level. Wilshere can fit into this quite well (and Arsenal do some of this, though I'd argue one of Wenger's great failings is not having his sides press enough).

Because of the nature of the Premier League, and of the English game in general, English teams are unlikely to ever be fully comfortable in large spells of possession trying to break down very good sides. Quick, athletic players (Vardy) are still the norm, though there is certainly a major shift going on. As such, high tempo, quick movement of the ball, using pace, and attempting to create space in behind, all hallmarks of the Premier League, are the norm.

The good thing I think Hodgson has done is take that style and those players and adapt it to the international level.
    Totally agree. The way you play against a team that goes head to toe with you, or expects to beat you is different from a team that plays very deep. I'm sure Varney for instance would be far more effective against Germany than Russia. You do have to think at the different issues posed. For me, the key for England is to have goals through the team - that is why you have to find a place for Rooney.
  • Options
    Annoyingly got Russia in work sweepstake so will have a little flutter on Croatia to go with my bigger bet on France.
  • Options
    Paddy Power doing a enhanced odds of 4/1 for France tonight for new online customers.

Max bet £10 so easy £50 tonight, surely!
  • Options
    Just done Payet to score from outside of area 15/1.
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    fancy payet to Score tonight
  • Options
    edited June 2016

Nice bet.

Backed him e/w @ 50/1 before the game as top scorer.
  • Options

Nice bet.

Backed him e/w @ 30/1 before the game as top scorer.
    Got 66/1 corals
  • Options

Nice bet.

Cheers, should have had more than £2 though.
    That's a good price, Albania next, so chances.
  • Options

fancy payet to Score tonight

Had him £10 @ 7/1 to score first and last. Not a massive profit but better than a poke in the eye. He really is a top drawer player
  • Options

Nice bet.

Got 66/1 corals
    Meant e/w @ 50/1 not 30s.