Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn delay on landing Rochdale boss stirs interest from Charlton Athletic

2»

Comments

• Options
    If we scrape any lower in the barrel we'll put a hole through it.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

What about a bloke called Chris Powell? available, British, excellent record in League 1 and also Championship experience.

haha ..... I believe Roland is fully aware of Chris Powell's feelings towards him.

One way to sell season tickets and bring an end to ongoing protests would be to appoint CP and back him as he should done when he bought the club.
    YAWN
    Not often I agree with you Colin....and this is another occasion.
    Well all need to appreciate what only Colin realises ... but for injuries we would have been gearing up for the play-off finals.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

What about a bloke called Chris Powell? available, British, excellent record in League 1 and also Championship experience.

haha ..... I believe Roland is fully aware of Chris Powell's feelings towards him.

One way to sell season tickets and bring an end to ongoing protests would be to appoint CP and back him as he should done when he bought the club.
    YAWN
    From the man who said that Bob Peeters was the 3rd best CAFC manager of all time.

From the man who back Fraeye

Still think the fella should be given a ban.

Bring back PL54 and boot Colin/Bexley off and I'll never complain about PL54 again.
  • Options

T.C.E said:

This must be based on the clubs theory that if Blackburn are after him he must be good.

If we appoint Shebby Singh in any capacity then that will definitely confirm that Katrien and Roland are totally bonkers!!!
    You need confirmation? ;)
  • Options
    Squirrel head is more likely to sign Harry Hill.
  • Options
    Pointless speculating about the best manager for us (which is fast becoming who will take us). Without a complete change in approach from Duchatalet - ie letting the manager actually run the football side of things - it doesn't matter who we have in charge. Riga's farewell presser made pretty clear that the behind-the-scenes control remains unchanged.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

colin1961 said:

Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

YAWN
    From the man who said that Bob Peeters was the 3rd best CAFC manager of all time.

Bring back PL54 and boot Colin/Bexley off and I'll never complain about PL54 again.
    Colin is amusing and harmless. PL54 was, and probably still is, a prick.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Jodaius said:

We need to be realistic.

How many British managers with good Championship experience are going to want to come?

For me, the focus on being British is a bit of a red herring. We just need somebody who's up to the task. The risk is in the club's desperation to go British to appease the fans, we'll end up with somebody at a much lower level than we could get from Europe.

That's not to say I want another Network nobody - but surely we should be considering all sensible options?

I agree, and we seem to be after managers who have spent a fair amount of time in League Two or League One without pulling up any trees.

I don't think the desire for a British manager is to appease fans. I don't think they care. I think that they've been told that the only way to get back up straight away is to bring in a British manager, ala Chris Powell and what he did a few years ago. But what Powell did was very much the exception rather than the rule. Given the candidates on offer, or at least the ones we're after who might be able to be convinced to come here, it makes no sense to me to go after a British manager. We're better off giving a successful manager on the continent their first crack at English football, like Swansea and Brighton have done successfully in recent times.

I don't know where they're getting these names from (Lennie Lawrence), but it seems as though they're trying to cherry pick decent League Two managers and hope they can make the step up. Again, it seems to be doing things either on the cheap, or without fully understanding what they're doing, or both.
    Pretty spot on summary there.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colin1961 said:

Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

YAWN

You deserve a flag for calling him amusing.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

YAWN

Amusing was the wrong word. I quite like the fact that, he post a load of bollocks, claims it as scoop, rarely bites back. He is harmless.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

YAWN

Amusing was the wrong word. I quite like the fact that, he post a load of bollocks, claims it as scoop, rarely bites back. He is harmless.
  • Options
    I like Colin so much I said it twice.
  • Options

I like Colin so much I said it twice.

Flag in a minute, you'll get a flag in a minute.
  • Options
    In ordinary circumstances Charlton are way too big for Keith Hill. He couldn't cope with the weight of expectation at Oakwell, so I can't see him being a good fit at the Valley (or Ewood). However, the attendances at the Valley next season might well feel not too different to Rochdale.
  • Options
    @ricky_otto

Don't agree with you re Pl54 and Colin. Both seem to deliberately provoke.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

colin1961 said:

Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

YAWN
    Not often I agree with you Colin....and this is another occasion.
    Well all need to appreciate what only Colin realises ... but for injuries we would have been gearing up for the play-off finals.
    Well if we had no injuries at all, throughout the season, then yes I think we may have challenged for the play offs.

But back in the real world, everyone bar RD & KM understand that 11 good players are not sufficient and a good squad is required.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jayajosh said:

Oggy Red said:

Maybe ...... but I can't imagine Chris Powell trusting Roland as far as he could throw him.
    No way will CP ever work for Roland again.

If the club is sold to new owners - then Powelly could definitely be interested.