Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

24hrs in police custody C4

2»

Comments

• Options
    Out in 18 months
  • Options
    just watched it, in my opinion the mixed race guy is showing off in front of his friends and unfortunately for him that showing off has cost him something that he will have to live with, i do think its assault as he meant to hurt him but obviously didn't mean to kill him.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Whether he meant to or not he took someone's life. He pays 4 years for someone else paying 50 odd years of theirs. Plus the trauma to the family who will never recover. British system is wrong.
  • Options

just watched it, in my opinion the mixed race guy is showing off in front of his friends and unfortunately for him that showing off has cost him something that he will have to live with, i do think its assault as he meant to hurt him but obviously didn't mean to kill him.

It's 'involuntary manslaughter'! Death was caused by an unlawful or dangerous act. It's law and that's why he was guilty of it.
  • Options
    very harsh imho. Usually I'm for locking 'em up & throwing away the key, but having watched the programme I looked at it this way:

never been in trouble before
    in well paid work
    respected the police & justice system
    dead bloke didn't take "no" for an answer & kept pestering her
    If he has walked away & chatted up someone else it wouldn't have happened
    defendant only threw one punch - didn't follow up with kicks etc
    if he hadn't had gone down & hit his head then most prob had survived.

I would have found him not guilty. - and I generally sit on the right of Khengis Khan.
  • Options

very harsh imho. Usually I'm for locking 'em up & throwing away the key, but having watched the programme I looked at it this way:

in well paid work

I would have found him not guilty. - and I generally sit on the right of Khengis Khan.

But he walked past him outside, wasn't in any danger from him and then went back to punch him.
  • Options

in well paid work

But he walked past him outside, wasn't in any danger from him and then went back to punch him.
    The bouncer done him up like a kipper, without his evidence no case I don't think, however, the bouncer wasn't there when the punch was thrown so how would they know what happened in that split second beforehand?

• Options
    4 years, which is halved to 2 to serve automatically.
  • Options

in well paid work

The bouncer done him up like a kipper, without his evidence no case I don't think, however, the bouncer wasn't there when the punch was thrown so how would they know what happened in that split second beforehand?

The CCTV did show him walk past the victim, then go back to punch him. There really was no need to at all. In fact, why did they leave then at all? The victim had been taken out by a bouncer, so they could have stayed in the club in peace. I would have found him guilty as he went out looking for a fight.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He went outside looking for trouble. He painted a very favourable picture of himself (as anyone would)

4 years for an aggressive intention which led to a horrible mistake is about right imo. If he hadn't hit his head it would have been a case of shake hands and behave yourselves. Tragic because really no one has won here.... no one wanted this outcome. 2 peoples lives ruined by mistake.