Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++ Official manager rumours thread! ++++ (ed. Slade confirmed)

Comments

• Options
    Rich Crawley saying John Collins could be possibility
  • Options

Rich Crawley saying John Collins could be possibility

Joan Collins would be a good shout
  • Options
    Surprise suprise , he's managed in Belgium!
  • Options
    We'd be better off with Joan Collins
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Just seen that. Did well out there though.
  • Options
    Know absolutely nothing about him as a manager, Hearts fan on Twitter really slagging him off though, apparently as full of himself as Roland, also tends to fall out a lot with players.
  • Options

sammy391 said:

Just seen that. Did well out there though.
    Managed 18 games , with a win ratio of just over 38% :neutral:
  • Options
    The fact he's managed in Belgium is meaningless because it was seven years ago now.

I'm surprised looking at John Collins' CV that he's only managed Hibs and Charleroi... I always felt he did a good job with Hibs so am surprised he's not done much else
  • Options
    might sort out Watt?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2016

"Collins has had brief managerial spells at Hibs and Charleroi and was appointed number two at Celtic..."

Maybe RD *did* actually buy the wrong club?

• Options
    Slowly releasing name to see what reaction it gets from the forums .
  • Options
    Feel like he's the type of manager that if another club appointed him we'd look with interest and expect him to do alright though it's a bit bizarre.
    Certainly not my first pick but you can't really criticise yet.
  • Options
    Would be underwhelmed, can they please work out the difference between a British manager and one with experience of the English leagues. Couldn't give a toss where the manager is from aslong as he has had successful spells in league one/championship.
  • Options
    Hmmm John Collins that sounds interesting, he would know British players so that's good! Ok he's worked in Belgium but I won't hold that against him.
  • Options
    Justin Edinburgh.
  • Options

Justin Edinburgh.

Rumour?
  • Options
    Collins....no thanks. Alan Pardew with half the ability.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    John Collins, Assistant manager for Celtic, excellent knowledge of the British lower leagues (not), managed in Belgium briefly and potentially unlikely to want the same guarantees as a real life decent manager. Sounds perfect for Duchatelet.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    A "friend of a friend" of someone claims that we are interviewing Jim Magilton, with Chris O'Loughlin as his number two. He's currently in charge of the NI under-21s.

At least he has some relevant experience, but I can't say I'd be overwhelmed if he got the job. But then again I don't think any appointment we would realistically make under the present circumstances would be overwhelming.
  • Options
    Just plain weird. Oh but O'Loughlin is St Truden's manager, so it makes sense now.
    Jim M in for two months, sack him and give Chris O the top job.....and the depressingly shit cycle begins yet again. Roll on League Two.
  • Options
    Magilton was some player! Interesting one that

Edinburgh has a great growing reputation in the game so a decent shout
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind Collins. No so keen on Magilton.
  • Options
    We can do a lot better than Magilton. Especially if he's bringing a network puppet with him.
  • Options
    If you have to look them up to find out who they are, or find out what and where they have been and doing for the last 5 years they are not the manager we are looking for.

I hope that this rumour was started by Collins to get his name out there.

Why the long delay? The longer it goes on the more I think it is Parky and we are waiting on the play offs. If not, I would expect an announcement today or tomorrow.
  • Options
    Jim Magilton according to Wiki

Ipswich - However despite substantial investment in the squad the team failed to make the play-offs in the 2008–09 season. This led to Magilton being sacked as manager on 22 April 2009.

QPR - He reportedly head-butted midfielder Ákos Buzsáky after the match in the dressing room. Magilton reportedly head butted the midfielder in a heated exchange[7] although later reports, from an unnamed source, claimed no such headbutt occurred and that the suspension was in response to an ultimatum from Buzsáky.[8] On 16 December 2009, it was announced Magilton had left Queens Park Rangers by mutual consent.

Melbourne Victory - It was speculated that Magilton attempted to pursue legal action against the club, on the basis that he had been offered a three-year contract extension, that had then been rescinded.,[15] which was confirmed to be a false rumour. With a winning percentage of just 16.67%, Magilton is statistically the worst coach of Melbourne Victory.

• Options
    edited May 2016
    Swisdom said:

Magilton was some player! Interesting one that

Edinburgh has a great growing reputation in the game so a decent shout

And so was Mark Kinsella but that doesn't make them great managers, IMHO