Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

George Tucudean

Comments

• Options

It's a shame that all people remember is the miss against Millwall, and not the 45 minutes against Derbyshire when he was unplayable...

I know, what an innings it was. 100 not out off 50 balls. Sheer magic.
  • Options
    Still remember his Derby performance. One of the best striker performances I ever saw for the team post the prem years. He looked sensational
    Another example of the RD years, there was a player there.  Young, raw, coming to a foreign country, basically let go by Christmas.  
  • Options
    Let us not ignore his countless shite performances... I was one of his biggest defenders and supporters.

There was a decent player in there, we simply didn't have the space within our time or budget restraints to uncover that 
  • Options
    Nothing to do with the other shite players around him then?
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Still remember his Derby performance. One of the best striker performances I ever saw for the team post the prem years. He looked sensational
    Another example of the RD years, there was a player there.  Young, raw, coming to a foreign country, basically let go by Christmas.  
    Yes, pushed out far too quickly. You can't judge someone playing in a new league after 3 months 
    Let alone coming from a completely different country and culture
  • Options
    "The best story ahead of CFR - Celtic in the Champions League. CFR's top goalscorer, George Tucudean, was on trial at Celtic when he was 15. He was desperate to stay, but the club chose not to keep him. He still loves Celtic. Tucudean underwent 2 heart interventions since the beginning of the year. He just said he is considering retirement despite being just 28 and having big money offers from abroad. The boy hopes to play against Celtic on Wednesday."
    Christ, thought he'd been doing really well by all accounts given his scoring record in Romania and getting a few caps

Hope he doesnt have to retire thats for sure, although did wonder why he hadnt been overly involved in their Champions League campaign
  • Options
    Last time I saw him he was in the same team as Gomez, TBH, JBG and Coquelin.  They were really shit, I mean they have only won 2 big cups between them........ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think he was surrounded by dross.
  • Options
    "The best story ahead of CFR - Celtic in the Champions League. CFR's top goalscorer, George Tucudean, was on trial at Celtic when he was 15. He was desperate to stay, but the club chose not to keep him. He still loves Celtic. Tucudean underwent 2 heart interventions since the beginning of the year. He just said he is considering retirement despite being just 28 and having big money offers from abroad. The boy hopes to play against Celtic on Wednesday."
    Christ, thought he'd been doing really well by all accounts given his scoring record in Romania and getting a few caps

Hope he doesnt have to retire thats for sure, although did wonder why he hadnt been overly involved in their Champions League campaign
    Won Romanian player of the year for 2018. So was doing very well!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    George was a strange striker because he had some days when he looked decent, Bolton, Derby and Cardiff home but other times he fell over and none of the flicks he tried came off.
    I help his health is sorted out.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    Gomez was a bit part full back who barely played with him, the TBH Bikey partnership was disintegrating, Coquelin just arrived and played a handful of games with him. He played up top with Frank Moussa and Igor with his dodgy Achilles from memory. Bulot. Harriott who'd just broken into 1st team.  Guy Luzon FFS. We were lucky to stay up.
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    People talk about RDs missed opportunity being when SCP was there but for me it was not keeping Bulot, George, Buyens and TBH.  Tell me the club was beyond repair when JBG scored the winner against, it think, Hull or was it qpr? 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    People talk about RDs missed opportunity being when SCP was there but for me it was not keeping Bulot, George, Buyens and TBH.  Tell me the club was beyond repair when JBG scored the winner against, I think, Hull or was I qpr? 
    Hull
  • Options
    Gomez was a bit part full back who barely played with him, the TBH Bikey partnership was disintegrating, Coquelin just arrived and played a handful of games with him. He played up top with Frank Moussa and Igor with his dodgy Achilles from memory. Bulot. Harriott who'd just broken into 1st team.  Guy Luzon FFS. We were lucky to stay up.
    Apart from all of that being wrong, your right.  It was under Roland so it must have been shite 
  • Options
    At Charlton he was a square peg in a round hole. Nothing to say if he had been a round peg he wouldn’t have been very good.

cant believe I’ve just written that bollocks.
    Don't worry mate, I have the same problem.
  • Options
    At Charlton he was a square peg in a round hole. Nothing to say if he had been a round peg in a square hole he wouldn’t have been good.

cant believe I’ve just written that bollocks.
    Fixed it for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm sorry. Are we talking about the same George Tucudean? Has he been retrospectively reinstated as proper Charlton?
  • Options
    He was shite.
  • Options
    Just scored a 97th minute winner at Celtic Park. Great finish too.
  • Options
    Great goal.
  • Options
    Should have stayed
  • Options
    Nice one George.
  • Options
    Even as a big Rangers fan tonight will not stop my dislike of him. That chance he missed was unforgivable and cannot forgive him for that miss.
  • Options
    Wasn't even that bad a miss it was a good save from an average shot let's be honest here