Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pottery On The Parade

Not sure how far you lot venture outside Sidcup when it ain't a match day, but some very good friends of mine will soon be opening this new Cafe/Creative space in the old Eltham BR Station, (THAT'S ELTHAM, NOT GROVE PARK!) 92-96 Westmount Road. It is scheduled to open to the public on the 25th of May, so please pop in for a coffee and some cake if you're over that way and maybe even throw a few pots.

http://www.potteryontheparade.co.uk/home.html

Comments

• Options
    It should do well, in the past my daughter has had to go Petts Wood or Dulwich to do some pottery painting. Good luck.
  • Options
    I used to be quite good at pottery. My nan used to run a cottage industry business from home, making coffee sets and commission pieces in the 70's. She taught me how to throw pots etc. She had an article written about her in Woman's Weekly magazine, I thought she was famous.
  • Options
    Shame it's not in Sidcup...
  • Options
    I made summing when I was in the Beavers, but I shot it with me first air rifle
  • Options

I made summing when I was in the Beavers, but I shot it with me first air rifle

Sounds like a song Eric Clapton ditched
  • Options
    So who is this then Rob?
    A few doors up from Charlton Life's very own Riviera's Long Pond. And also the other side of the road to a very close friend of mines dog grooming parlour.

Ian was telling me about this today after he picked Mickey up after his groom.

Quick advert for my mates dog m shop. Scooby doo's. They're Charlton fans.
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    I've got to know Tracey and Jo well over the last 6 months whilst they've been developing their business, they've become very good customers too. Found out Tracey and I were in the same year at school although we didn't know each other. It was a very big school. Her brother works at one of my main breweries too.
    The place is really taking shape and local interest is very high. They have some very interesting ideas and I'm sure it is going to be a resounding success.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

So who is this then Rob?
    A few doors up from Charlton Life's very own Riviera's Long Pond. And also the other side of the road to a very close friend of mines dog grooming parlour.

Ian was telling me about this today after he picked Mickey up after his groom.

Quick advert for my mates dog m shop. Scooby doo's. They're Charlton fans.

Me mate Sam's good lady wife Jo and her pal, as Riv said. Not sure if you know them though B
  • Options
    Bit "tree hugging" for you rob, innit? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I drive past that place about 10 times a week and was only saying last week, it really needs something doing to it, as it's such an eyesore. Good news.
  • Options
    Surely that's the old Eltham Park station? Bad mistake for a Charlton forum ;)
  • Options

Surely that's the old Eltham Park station? Bad mistake for a Charlton forum ;)

From memory ..... Opened in 1908 for the new estate being built around it.

There you are, I've just proved my true Addicks credentials.

• Options
    Seems to be going very well, packed out all weekend.
  • Options
    Noticed that the pottery shop on the Greenwich one way system has now closed down.
  • Options
    Badger said:

Noticed that the pottery shop on the Greenwich one way system has now closed down.

Yes due to unsustainable rental hike.
  • Options
    Drove past potteryontheparade today and it was packed out.