Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Nul point"?

What is the point of the Eurovision Song Contest?

If ever there is an advert for NOT getting closer to Europe then this is it. Over 3 hours of total cringeworthy shite at primetime on a Saturday night - it's completely embarrassing!

Comments

• Options
    Only 19 points? We were robbed!

Mind you, those Russian girls...! Phwoar! :o)

Did anyone else think AFKA Bartram was performing Turkey's song?
  • Options
    Off_it, you made the mistake of trying to watch it sober, didn't you?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Off_it, you made the mistake of trying to watch it sober, didn't you?
    BIG mistake!
    You need to stock-up on beers and nibbles - then it's a right laugh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]Off_it, you made the mistake of trying to watch it sober, didn't you?
    BIG mistake!
    You need to stock-up on beers and nibbles - then it's a right laugh!

Luckilly I never actually saw much of it. Switched over and saw a fat Christopher Biggins lookalike in drag and then again for all of the eastern bloc countries voting for each other. I don't think I missed much. Saw the extra from Prisoner Cell Block H who won it - oooh what a looker!
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Only 19 points? We were robbed!
    I thought we were lucky to get those. I mean, the Maltese gave us 12 points for god's sake.
    Did anyone else think AFKA Bartram was performing Turkey's song?
    Was that the one that Wogan described as looking like "Chris Moyle's younger brother"?
  • Options
    lol, i've just come home from a party and had to fast forward to Turkey ! Kenan Dogolu ?? You are having a laugh, nothing like me !!

Talking of laughs, just saw Ukraine's entry, LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKA Bartram[/cite] and had to fast forward to Turkey !

You recorded it! And people make jokes about WSS and his love of musicals ;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: F-Blocker[/cite]Only 19 points? We were robbed!
    I thought we were lucky to get those. I mean, the Maltese gave us 12 points for god's sake.
    It had all the ingredients of a classic Eurovision song. Maybe it was a little too classic though - about 5-8 years behind the times.
  • Options
    Try watching it with the sound switched off...its much better. The voting is the exciting part! I cant wait not to hear the winner....And why were British Airways representing the UK or was it Captain Scarlet?
  • Options
    We could have Elton John, George Michael or the Rolling Stones representing us and we still wouldn't win.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The mad thing about it all is that the UK, Germany, Spain and France put more money into Eurovision than all the other countries combined, yet we all get nowhere.

If the "Big" 4 pull out (as is rumoured) the whole thing will collapse.

As I've said for years, We are the Millwall of Eurovision - No one likes us!
  • Options
    We never get anything
  • Options
    It could be a reaction to us being in Iraq or could it be coz our entry was crap?
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Ha ha - I knew I'd started a thread on this last year.

A joke's a joke but this is just too much. Not another penny of licence fee money should be spent on this drivel. I'd rather watch a whole evening of Steven Segal films than that dross.
  • Options
    im sure thats for bank holiday monday,along with your comics of course.
  • Options
    Mate, if I'm supposed to be Comic Book Guy then I reckon that makes you Cletus Spuckler!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]The mad thing about it all is that the UK, Germany, Spain and France put more money into Eurovision than all the other countries combined, yet we all get nowhere.

As I've said for years, We are the Millwall of Eurovision - No one likes us!

Spot on Davey mate. At the risk of sounding like I take it seriously, it has all become about making political statements, I feel sorry for the artists from the big countries (although no-one forces them into it), and though it's not my type of music, I thought the UK entry was a fair effort, and without childish gimmicks.

As Sir Tel's commentary is the only thing that makes it worth watching, I would not be surprised if UK withdrawl coincides with his retirement...
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    I've always loved Eurovision, but I think we need to stop splashing the licence fee cash on it now.
  • Options
    'The mad thing about it all is that the UK, Germany, Spain and France put more money into Eurovision than all the other countries combined, yet we all get nowhere.

As I've said for years, We are the Millwall of Eurovision - No one likes us! '

Lets hope we not only come out of Eurovision we come out of the European Union. Which provides all the politians in the EU a nice little gravy train whilst the hard working people of the European continenent are paying for these thieves.
  • Options
    I can't stand it, but did turn over just as a load of pirates were singing and dancing. Pretty funny, even though im sure they were very serious about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Brilliantly funny TV - we had Pirates, a young Jimmy Saville ice skating, some unbelievable facial hair and side burns, a golf cart and a man with an axe - what more could you want?!

Unfortunately, though ours was quite good, I wonder why nobody realised that even in this day and age nobody from Eastern Europe (three quarters of the entrants) are going to vote for a black person.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite] Unfortunately, though ours was quite good, I wonder why nobody realised that even in this day and age nobody from Eastern Europe (three quarters of the entrants) are going to vote for a black person.

I thought the point was, no one in eastern europe votes for uk, no matter white, black or animal.
  • Options
    Living in France of course I was firmly behind the "Geezer with the Golf Cart and The Bearded Ladies" having given up any expectation of a Brit win years ago. I think France have also realised what's what and are also going down the road of just taking the pee out of it these days too. BTW how anyone can NOT enjoy a spectacle involving singing pirates, kniting brides, 1980's naff rockers and 80 year old rappers??? What do you want on a dull Saturday night???
  • Options
    And the spanish entry with the dodgy bearded bloke and the apparently pissed backing singers - how the hell did that get more than 50 points?
  • Options
    BDLBDL
    edited May 2008
    [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]And the spanish entry with the dodgy bearded bloke and the apparently pissed backing singers - how the hell did that get more than 50 points?

They got 10 of those points from us!
  • Options
    If eurovision was a football club.. Which one would it be ? Tacky, Camp, boring, trashy, outdated.....Must be Palace
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If eurovision was a football club.. Which one would it be ? Tacky, Camp, boring, trashy, outdated.....Must be Palace

And limp.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ShootersHillGuru[/cite]If eurovision was a football club.. Which one would it be ? Tacky, Camp, boring, trashy, outdated.....Must be Palace

And limp.

Not forgetting "The Programme of the Eighties" ; )
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    farce

time to get out of it