Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The sacking of SCP

At the time we didn't know anything about the new owners, their plans or what method they were going to use to try and get us into the EPL.

We saw them come in and sack Powell, appoint a manager who had work at Inter Milan and signed a few players spending above a million. We hadn't spent that on our whole squad the season before so a lot of people were excited if not confused and it all happened so quickly.

Had we known what RD and KM were all about at the time, I really don't think I would have let the sacking of SCP and the sale of Kerms happen so easily.

They have destroyed this club.

What I would do to have SCP back as our manager, whether that be in League 1 or League 2 I couldn't care less. I just want to be able to go and watch my team, managed by a manager we all love with players who give 100% and that is what you get under Powell.

Comments

• Options
    Chrissy Powell's Red Army
  • Options

Chrissy Powell's Red and white Army

Isn't that racist according to katrien?
  • Options
    Oakster said:

It puzzles me how Powell has formed such a strong bond with Charlton given that 98% of our fans are racist.

Are sneering, incompetent people a separate race now??
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    If they want to stop the protests there are two people they could bring in that would work wonders - Alan Curbishley or Chrissy Powell. Give them control and a reasonable budget we can all start concerntrating on football again. We know Chrissy can get us out of League One thanks to recent history!
  • Options
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

Chrissy Powell's Red and white Army

Isn't that racist according to katrien?
    Yeah, that was the joke.
  • Options
    Get Curbs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chris Powell could get us back to the Champions League, no doubt. But would he choose to work with these idiots again?

They are the elephant in the room.
  • Options
    Go to Rotherham and ask to speak to Warnock. Pay him what he wants on a 5 year deal and the job will be done.
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Oh come on, some revisionist stuff here. We were playing terribly under Powell by the end.

What do you expect? We were in the Championship with half a squad of League One quality players. I thought he made the best of it. 9th in our first season and semi final of the FA cup the next.
    Hate to break it to you but we lost to Sheffield United 2-0.
    Wembley must have seemed a bit odd? ;)
  • Options
    Hoof ball to kerm or in league 1 pass the ball to BP and let him run.. A bit like school football at times BUT still 100% better than anything since
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Hoof ball to kerm or in league 1 pass the ball to BP and let him run.. A bit like school football at times BUT still 100% better than anything since

I don't think Bob peeters was ever that good with the ball at his feet...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

colthe3rd said:

Oh come on, some revisionist stuff here. We were playing terribly under Powell by the end.

What do you expect? We were in the Championship with half a squad of League One quality players. I thought he made the best of it. 9th in our first season and semi final of the FA cup the next.
    Hate to break it to you but we lost to Sheffield United 2-0.
    Wembley must have seemed a bit odd? ;)
    Aye quarters of course...just me being dim :smile: Updated hehe
  • Options
    No way will Powell ever consider coming back with this owner.Some may argue we weren't playing that well in his last season, but remember he was working under Jimenez and Slater with absolutely no money to strengthen for the first half of the season, then having to deal with the new owner/ CEO for the second half. I doubt we could have played well under anyone
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

What do you expect? We were in the Championship with half a squad of League One quality players. I thought he made the best of it. 9th in our first season and quarter final of the FA cup the next.
    I'd like to see somebody else to as well with all the issues he had to contend with in his last season!!!!
  • Options
    Next campaign should be to bring back Powell as manager and Curbs as Director of football.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

Shoot me down in flames ladies and gents but I would prefer a manager that's had a little more success than Chris Powell.

But KM is going to have a tough job persuading any manager with experience in, let alone someone who has had more success than Powell.

What the club needs right now (aside from new owners, that's a given) is a manager who can bring the heart back to Charlton, to understand what it means to pull on that shirt, what staff the club needs, selecting players that fit the 'Charlton' mould. Name me two other people who could do that, Curbs? Steve Brown? not many others I can think of.

Will SCP take us to the height of the premier league and European football, no, probably not, but I think for now someone who can do all the above and give a good shot at getting us out of League 1 I for one can't think of anyone better.

Sadly, under this regime it's about as likely as Meire keeping her mouth shut for a week. He won't return, unlike Meire he is a proud and principled man and although he must sit there almost daily thinking 'if only' he's too 'decent a chap' to fall for their lies, lies and more damn lies.