Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roberto Martinez

2»

Comments

• Options

dizzee said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I believe a better manager than Martinez could do more with those players.

Maybe would have finished a few places higher this season but they really aren't anything special.

Another manager could well have finished a lot lower with that bunch of players too.

It works both ways.
    But isn't that the entire point? A better manager could finish higher, and a worse manager could finish lower. Which is why Everton will now be looking for a better manager.

Every team in the world could finish lower than they do, but if the potential is there to finish higher than that's what you have to bring out.
    The point I'm making is you're not guaranteed a better manager and better finish.

I think Martinez did a decent job with the players he had.

There are far better squads in the premier league than Evertons.
  • Options
    NugNug
    edited May 2016
    Thought this was a nice way to sign off by Tim Howard.

https://twitter.com/TimHowardGK/status/731772387536994304

• Options
    Nug said:

That is so good ...well done Tim
  • Options

I wonder if bergdich will do
    Something similar for us when he leaves

I doubt it. What's Moyes ever done for him?
  • Options
    You don't need to play nice "on the floor" football based on possession to be successful. Just ask the Premier League Champions.
  • Options
    Can see RM ending up at Watford.
  • Options
    Martinez is clearly a well liked and much respected man, however there can be no doubt that he has been exposed as a coach at the top level.

Playing pretty passing football, and getting the plaudits for it, is entirely different to producing successful football teams.

ALL successfull teams are built on a strong defence, and you move on from that point. He hasn't seemed to learnt that lesson at either Wigan or Everton.

I remember hearing Ian Wright talking about his time at Arsenal with George Graham, and how we would get totally fed up with the continual work on defence that they did - so much so that he hated going into training.

However he looks back now, and realises that that is why he won most of the medals that he did.