Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

More news for huge sinkhole appears in Charlton

Following the appearance of a huge sinkhole in Charlton on Thursday morning (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-36273548)
the CEO of Charlton Athletic was asked to comment.

Mlle. Katrien Meire stated: Look it's not my fault! It's just not fair!
We know that the ground was built in a valley and the major shareholder spent hundreds of thousands on drainage.
I know, I know it looks as if the whole club has disappeared down a hole but why do people keep on blaming me?

When it was explained to Mlle. Meire that the sinkhole was in Charlton but not at Charlton Athletic she exploded:

You people are seriously weird and I mean weird. I am going home to mama and if any of you sickos are waiting for me there I'll scream the place down - louder than when Pierre Boisard kicked a ball in my face when I was 9 and said girls can't play football. Holy Mary.......this country, you people!!!

Comments

• Yep some of our fans are {unique}
  • edited May 2016
    Developments indicate that the 'sinkhole' is actually a hastily dug escape tunnel to Bramall Lane.
  • It's a storage area for Network managers. Next out is Mr Bob Peeters.
  • edited May 2016
    Now this is taking protests a step too far. Leicester won the premiership when Richard III found under car park. Perhaps this is a turning point for Charlton?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ynuGLJro5c
  • edited May 2016
    The fence there looks like a good spot for a protest banner. "Meire gives you that sinking feeling" or similar.
  • The fence there looks like a good spot for a protest banner. "Meire gives you that sinking feeling" or similar.

Yes, as the fence is outside St Thomas' church needs one of those 'meant to be funny' banners. e.g.?

• I just knew she could not reverse.
  • edited May 2016
    CAFC - driven by Belgians
  • The fence there looks like a good spot for a protest banner. "Meire gives you that sinking feeling" or similar.

Hopefully, if someone can get one of our banners up, it will be on all the news channels
  • Sponsored links:

• I just knew she could not reverse.

No sexist remarks please ( PS This comment is tongue in cheek!)
  • Norris McWhirter has measured the hole and confirms he has found Karel Fraeye down there with a Huddersfield away programme from January in his pocket.
  • shirty5 said:

Norris McWhirter has measured the hole and confirms he has found Karel Fraeye down there with a Huddersfield away programme from January in his pocket.

And a laundry basket
  • The perfect allegory for Charlton's situation- allowed to fall to its ruin from lack of simple maintenance and attention to the underlying structure by those in charge, temporarily propped up but doomed if that support falters, in all likelihood already a write-off. For those of limited imagination CAFC is the car and the fans are the pipe.
  • It was her fault, she ordered it to swallow her up after her latest outburst!
  • Now this is taking protests a step too far. Leicester won the premiership when Richard III found under car park. Perhaps this is a turning point for Charlton

The only Richard the Third who will be at Charlton next year will be another network manager!
  • Come on come on, this is all going a bit far now. We know this wasn't down to her because she was busy digging an even bigger hole up town.
  • Now this is taking protests a step too far. Leicester won the premiership when Richard III found under car park. Perhaps this is a turning point for Charlton?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ynuGLJro5c

Is our Chairman, Richard IV?
  • When I saw the headline I assumed Katrien had been opening her mouth again.
  • Tom Dick or Harry ?

At least we know how Murray and Meire escaped on Saturday at H/T