Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton to play rush goalie next season

The Football League have been approached by Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet re using a rush goalie next season. Charlton's owner is unhappy using a permanent goalkeeper and as part of the club's cost cutting strategy has decided to start games next season with ten players who will take it in turns to be rush goalie.
Charlton were due to appoint Chris Wilder as a new manager today but he withdrew his application as he was unhappy with the rush goalie strategy.

Comments

• Visionary
  • I've heard that they would also like to replace the goal posts with the player's coats.
  • Cover each end in netting , do away with the goals , just select 22 people from the "crowd" and rent a mob = game on , no ball required.
  • One and in? Nothing worse than being in goal too long. Let one in and get out on pitch.
  • It was always three and in when I was a kid so as this has been our most consistent result this season (0-3) I think this should be the rule.
  • 1se7 said:

Cover each end in netting , do away with the goals , just select 22 people from the "crowd" and rent a mob = game on , no ball required.

Problem here is will there be 22 people in the crowd !