Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Allahu Akbar!!!!

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/police-apologise-for-making-fake-suicide-bomber-shout-allahu-akbar-during-counter-terror-exercise-in-a7022196.html

What about the next terror exercise - shall we arm the police with fresh fruit and water bombs as not to upset the anti gun lobby too? It's a training drill, designed to be as realistic as possible. Why are they apologising? Fucking joke.

Comments

• Allah Akbar means "glory to God" and is said in peace and love in mosques around the world.

Personally I think it's a bit of a joke you can't see the police using it as grossly offensive to a largely peaceful religion.
  • 'Roland out' better?
  • 1/8 for the managers job
  • I like the quote in the metro today, how about "Avon Calling"
  • UK cities having mock terror attacks, then getting blasted for offending Islam.
    Meanwhile, ISIS insurgents are mixing with Syrian refugees to get easy access into Europe.

It's enough to make you go to Saudi Arabia and down a large Scotch on the rocks.
  • Allah Akbar means "glory to God" and is said in peace and love in mosques around the world.

Personally I think it's a bit of a joke you can't see the police using it as grossly offensive to a largely peaceful religion.

When you say "largely peaceful" I'm guessing you're leaving out, in no particular order, the Sunni vs Shia conflicts, the appaling treatment of 50% of their followers (women), the hacking to death of numerous people in Bangladesh because they aren't Muslim, their barbaric slaughtering of animals, female genital mutilation, the Saudi religious police, death sentences for petty crimes, beheadings and stonings and so on?
    One lives in hope that one day there might possibly be, say, a Christian or Apostate Mayor of Karachi in a similar way to having a Muslim Mayor of London but I shall not be holding my breathe.
  • cafcfan said:

Allah Akbar means "glory to God" and is said in peace and love in mosques around the world.

When you say "largely peaceful" I'm guessing you're leaving out, in no particular order, the Sunni vs Shia conflicts, the appaling treatment of 50% of their followers (women), the hacking to death of numerous people in Bangladesh because they aren't Muslim, their barbaric slaughtering of animals, female genital mutilation, the Saudi religious police, death sentences for petty crimes, beheadings and stonings and so on?
    One lives in hope that one day there might possibly be, say, a Christian or Apostate Mayor of Karachi in a similar way to having a Muslim Mayor of London but I shall not be holding my breathe.
    It's a good job that nobody would dream of importing that nonsense over here.
  • What were they suppose to shout?

A Chuckle Brother's "Helllooooooo!" ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Well there will be praise Allah on side of buses during Ramadan so of course the religion shouldn't be offended. PC overkill as per
  • edited May 2016
    No need to shout anything. Imagine using it in your daily life for peaceful prayer and then observing an anti-terrorist video by the British forces use it to carry out a simulation bombing. Insulting, no? Adds more fuel to the Muslims vs all agenda.

To counter the above posts, I'd argue that the negative aspects of the religion is down to culture and individual people driving their own agendas. There are millions and millions of people from each religion around the world, not even a handful are violent. Stereotyping is ignorance and a lack of rational intelligence.