Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bars on Match Day

I was in the north stand on Saturday and couldn't believe the number of people buying from the bars. I guess people have forgotten that we don't spend anything inside the ground that will end up in Roland's pocket.

I just hope CARD spell it out loud and clear again for next season.

Comments

• I was in the north stand on Saturday and couldn't believe the number of people buying from the bars. I guess people have forgotten that we don't spend anything inside the ground that will end up in Roland's pocket.

Some people just don't care, they go in crossbars before & after the game & spend in the concourse at halftime & then claim the money they spend won't make any difference because the owners a rich man. If you need a drink at halftime take a couple of miniatures :-)
  • edited May 2016
    mark up on beer is about 40-20p a pint well thats what is in the pub trade, admitedly it is a bit hypocritical to be saying dont give him money then buying products inside the ground, but if everyone bought a pint which of cause they dont as some drive/dont drink/dont like the taste. you would be looking at around 5k in revenue, hardly megabucks. a match ticket is the same amount of revenue as selling 52 pints.
  • I thought this was going to be a thread informing us that Katrien is installing metal bars between the North Lower and the pitch.
  • @palarsehater I would imagine that DNC will be paying around £1 or so for a pint of fosters, so the mark up will be significantly higher than 50p a pint.
  • I was in the north stand on Saturday and couldn't believe the number of people buying from the bars. I guess people have forgotten that we don't spend anything inside the ground that will end up in Roland's pocket.

Some people just don't care, they go in crossbars before & after the game & spend in the concourse at halftime & then claim the money they spend won't make any difference because the owners a rich man. If you need a drink at halftime take a couple of miniatures :-)
    Tyrion Lannister was busy!
  • edited May 2016
    garfield said:

@palarsehater I would imagine that DNC will be paying around £1 or so for a pint of fosters, so the mark up will be significantly higher than 50p a pint.

highly likely but staff costs on top and equipment costs, the bars have at least 2 staff on them @ 6.70 per hour for at least a 3 hour shift thats £40.20 per bar, not disputing that people shouldnt be buying, and with regards to next season people can hardly buy a ticket then not buy refreshments as you dont want to support roland.
  • don't have to rush out of my seat 10 mins before HT these days to get a beer
  • I thought the plan was to not let them manage their stock - some weeks we'd buy everything, and they'd run out and would have to deal with complaints, other weeks we'd buy nothing, and they'd have piles of cold chips to throw out?
  • edited May 2016
    Guilty, but it was bang on lunchtime on Saturday. And I don't want a packed lunch, you're not even my real mum!

Edit: The bacon cheeseburger was actually pretty good too, was surprised.
  • Sponsored links:

• Each to their own. I understand why many cant stop going to home matches, if my resolve weakens I might be one of them by August. But boycotting catering isn't really difficult. Bring your own food and/or stay in the pub a bit longer. Even my kids can now last 2 hours in the car without demanding food. Black and white scarf on and carrying 4 pints isn't serious protest in my opinion
  • Each to their own. I understand why many cant stop going to home matches, if my resolve weakens I might be one of them by August. But boycotting catering isn't really difficult. Bring your own food and/or stay in the pub a bit longer. Even my kids can now last 2 hours in the car without demanding food. Black and white scarf on and carrying 4 pints isn't serious protest in my opinion

All well and good but I had to meet at the pub at 10.30 Saturday before the pub was even open... then I had to leave to go to the ground still before it opened.

I was hungry and thirsty Saturday and it gave me the hump but I didn't moan. Much.

• Made up for it afterwards mind.
  • edited May 2016
    I was on the lash early doors Saturday and it's hard to stop drinking for a couple of hours. However rather than me hand over my money I managed to avoid paying for couple of rounds in the ground. And then proceeded to slaughter my mates for lining Roland's pockets....of course I couldn't see good alcohol go to waste.....
  • I usually have a pint, or two, or three, in the pub before the game, so a halt time pint doesn't tempt me, although after watching some of our later performances, a stiff scotch would arf go down well.
  • Curb_It said:

I really struggled not buying a beer on Saturday. I miss my half time pint... and if some smart arse says you must have a problem... well yes! Yes I do.

Its always gone hand in hand.

As an AA I can recommend AA :wink: