Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Transfer target?

Charlton are interested in Colchester midfielder George Moncur - with the 22-year-old set to move after United’s relegation to League Two.
The former West Ham United youngster is expected to cost in the region of £150,000.
And Moncur, who had a loan spell with Wimbledon early in his professional career, has been identified as a signing target for the Addicks.
Despite Colchester’s struggles in League One he managed to score 12 goals in 42 appearances to finish top of their scoring charts.
The former England U18 international is the son of John Moncur, who played for Tottenham, West Ham and Swindon.
Moncur signed permanently for the U’s in November 2014 and his contract runs until next summer.

Tuesday, 10 May 2016 By Richard Cawley in Football

Comments

• sign him up .. BUT .. who nowadays is making such decisions, no Riga, no Roga, no Ruga
  • I reckon Richard C is in charge of player recruitment now. Makes his scoops easier!
  • Don't underestimate the input Lennie Lawrence has had. It was he who drew up a list of British managerial targets and identified playing targets we should persue.
  • Don't underestimate the input Lennie Lawrence has had. It was he who drew up a list of British managerial targets and identified playing targets we should persue.

Source?
  • edited May 2016
    ross1 said:

Charlton are interested in Colchester midfielder George Moncur - with the 22-year-old set to move after United’s relegation to League Two.
    The former West Ham United youngster is expected to cost in the region of £150,000.
    And Moncur, who had a loan spell with Wimbledon early in his professional career, has been identified as a signing target for the Addicks.
    Despite Colchester’s struggles in League One he managed to score 12 goals in 42 appearances to finish top of their scoring charts.
    The former England U18 international is the son of John Moncur, who played for Tottenham, West Ham and Swindon.
    Moncur signed permanently for the U’s in November 2014 and his contract runs until next summer.

Tuesday, 10 May 2016 By Richard Cawley in Football

I'd snap him up. Don't care who it is signing him. He is a decent player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Karel Fraeye scouting on youtube again?
  • Would snap him up for £150k every day of the week. Really really good player and a record of 1 in 4 in the league for a midfield player, reminds me of a certain club captain...
  • there was a rumour about the time of the the great laundry basket fiasco that we might sign him but they couldn't fit him into the basket.
  • Good player. I wanted us to sign him in January. Would be good with Cousins - if we manage to keep him.
  • colin1961 said:

Lennie Lawrence .....
    Plus we were after him in Jan

Don't you think that if we had LL working for us and identifying players the club would be shouting about it from the rooftops?
  • that's a filthy rumour which I deny, I'm not working for the club and that is a statistic
  • sign him up .. BUT .. who nowadays is making such decisions, no Riga, no Roga, no Ruga

Callum Harriott
  • Karel Fraeye scouting on youtube from the laundry basket at Colchester again?

:smile:
  • If we sign him, I'll let him off for the way he celebrated against us last season when he scored for the U's
  • Sponsored links:

• Good player.

I hear the deal was first mooted with the lad in a laundry basket after the Third Round cup tie.
  • edited May 2016
    2026. Undisclosed location, the Duchatalet Football Lab:

Fembot 99: "No George Moncur. But Juan Van-Kerr is available. A fine pedigree. He's the product of our Alcorcon and St. Truiden breeding programme. I'm sure you'll find him adequate."
    Head Coach Bot: "That'll do, huh."
    Fembot 99: "Speaking of pedigree, can I interest you in a Nobby Fanny?"

Source?
  • Stig said:

Don't underestimate the input Lennie Lawrence has had. It was he who drew up a list of British managerial targets and identified playing targets we should persue.

Source?
    Doesn't seem very realistic. No beach balls on the pitch.
  • What was that celebration against us all about?

He scored
  • Seems like an utter bellend on social media and I'm a bit hurt that he celebrated against us. If he signs I'm gonna need a genuine scarfy picture and an apology to be convinced

I really didnt get it, he proper gave it the big 'un to us. If he was an ex player I could understand it (but not condone) but he isnt?
  • Seems like an utter bellend on social media and I'm a bit hurt that he celebrated against us. If he signs I'm gonna need a genuine scarfy picture and an apology to be convinced

You've been hurt a few times this season with the number of goals we've conceded.
  • Col. u fans around me at the fa cup game said they be happy to cash in on him as he was overrated