Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

I want my protests back.

It seems that most people have been more entertained by the protests than the football over the past few months.

I was mentioning to a few people in the Oak on Saturday that it just wouldn't feel right in us playing well and doing well under Duchatelet - I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable with it.
I'd have to get another banner done as per the thread title.

Comments

• Have you found out where Tony Keohones parents live yet.....

Working on it .!

I can reveal exclusive images taken of Keohones family relaxing at home.

• It has been enjoyable and brought a lot of fans together. I've enjoyed playing a small part in it all. It will hopefully give a new lease of life to active fan participation and contribution going forward but I really, really, really just want to get back to following my club.

The protests had to happen and they have to continue until we win but:

I want to go to games wondering about how much closer a win gets us to promotion, not when the protests start.

I want to hear rumours of new players and new stands not what we are throwing on the pitch this week.

I want to sit in the lib not in the car park.

I want to run on the pitch to celebrate our own promotion.

And I want to stop wearing a black and white scarf.

Of all the things Meire and Duchatelet have done wrong taking away the simple pleasure of watching my team with my family and my friends in my seat is the worse.

Splitter!
  • I really hope that our new owners can buy into the passion of the charlton fans, the best thing for me this season has been the fans, who have found their voice and have said we don't want this crap anymore, we will go no where but downwards , until the owners and fans pull in the same direction.

I can't wait to read Airman Browns book when this circus has finally left town, should be some great photos, especially the infamous liar picture.
  • I have met plenty of people I never would have without the protests. Lots of them are lifers. I got far more involved than I ever thought I would and I'm proud of the Charlton fans. It really feels like all the fans are pulling together in a kind of Blitz spirit in support of the underdog against the big evil owner. Hopefully this level of fan engage can be used by new owners for the good of the club and push us on to new heights. #COYR

Same. Really feel this could be the bonding and bedrock that we needed,...in adversity as they say. This will make us stronger as a club eventually- and once we get going there will be no stopping us...
    ...moving to the peninsula.
  • Sponsored links:

• I just don't want a slow death.

Just wana know what's happening at Charlton at what the plans are.

It will be a lot worse in the long run if the motivation to bring wilder in is simply a method just to appease fans, nothing more, nothing less, and it works.

We will inevitably be able to see behind douch anyway as we know him well enough by now but I just don't want a Cold War that lasts for years.

Spell it out in black and white you old C*nt.
  • I would love to see a formal role for fans' representative on the board when this is all done. We've shown that we can mobilize, that we're passionate, and that we can rally around a cause. We've also shown that we can work democratically, disagree on small things, and yet unite under the banner of "Charlton fans." I hope we're able to carry that over into "peace time" in the form of a Trust (be it in its current incarnation or a new entity) that is engaged in a formal manner in club affairs.

I know that it's easier said than done, and that it might require money that we just don't have, but if possible I'd love to see us, like Swansea, be 10% supporter owned.