Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Playoff Final 1998

Over the last few years I have tried to arrange specific events for my Dad for Father's Day. They are mostly movie based with my son and I hosting an event where I 'dress' the house and we have costumes to make the event a little more interesting. It's a little like secret cinema, although having just read this back it makes us look, particularly, geeky.

Anyway, after such a shocking season I thought we'd have a 'football' evening. I thought of World Cups - England in '66, and Sky gave the final the Monday night treatment recently but when I watched it it was just Carragher drawing circles around the players in black and white.

Anyway I settled in a Playoff Final night. I have the programs and all the old football shirts so we can make it a little authentic. I will, probably, print the twin towers and stick them to the wall and maybe a life size Mendonca with his 'guns' out. I have purchased a new projector and cinema screen so we are all good to go.

I have everything I need except for a copy of the game from 1998. I have a DVD which I can 'upscale'. Although it might have come from a VHS in truth.

Does anyone know if they released this on a Bluray (I know this is unlikely) or even a proper DVD?

If so does anyone know where I might be able to buy one, or rent one?

If it comes to it I can make do with the one I have but on a 100" screen an old VHS copy might not really do it justice. I have a feeling the game might be a little more enjoyable than most of the dross we have endured this season!

Thanks.

Comments

• I think I have it on DVD - can check tomorrow.

If so I'm happy to post it to you, as long as I get it back at some point as I think I still watch it at least once a year lol.
  • I think I have it on DVD - can check tomorrow.

If so I'm happy to post it to you, as long as I get it back at some point as I think I still watch it at least once a year lol.

That's very kind of you. If it turns up I'll, obviously, pay for the postage both ways.
  • If only it was on blu-ray.

What a great that season that was. Even without the play-offs it must rank as one of our most exciting ever seasons.

Not only that but it must rank as the best Div.2/Championship ever.
  • Every time I watch this I Still think Shaun Newton will miss his penalty.

you're so right. you still get the same feelings you had on the day

the sheer astonishment when you realise Rufus has scored is another one
  • I still think we'll run out of time before we equalise.