Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jose

Just watched his leaving interview on YouTube. Really like the guy and think that he does want us to do well. Would you want him to try to get us out of league 1?

Comments

• I think he could have done well....depending on backing from above.
  • Mush rather have someone like Wilder
  • No. We need a competitive appointment that says the club is serious about competing in the Football League.
  • Sponsored links:

• Think he's going to Man Utd.
  • In the balance for me.

Going to go with @Tutt-Tutt.

It's a no. Not quite good enough.
  • Yes, because, as mentioned elsewhere, I think he's a solid manager who improves players. He might be able to convince one or two to stay (Tex) who might otherwise not.

I also feel very strongly that "experience with the lower leagues/British game" can be vastly overrated. There are plenty of successful former players and managers who find themselves out of work because the tactical and technical requirements of the English game have started to catch up with the rest of the world in the last 10-15 years at the top level, and that is now spreading to the lower leagues. The quality of play, player, technique, tactics, etc. of the Championship has improved since we last came up from League One.
  • edited May 2016
    We just got relegated with a team that player by player is probably worth more than half the league that finished above us. He kept us due due to a) backroom help and support and b) a bounce of confidence in the players, he could not do that this time.

Average coach, look at his coaching stats elsewhere. Average is being quite nice.

Yes we've had more shots and corners etc. under him but have the scores improved? Barely - and that's improving from 3-0 losses back to back most weeks.

Would make a good youth coach.

No from me.
  • No thanks
  • Yes. Better the Devil you know (not that he is a Devil in any way).

Who knows what we will get next with RD. Riga offers some sense of stability at the club. Something which we have not had for over two years now.
  • Sponsored links:

• 100% yes.

Think he could have taken is straight back up, especially if left to sign his own players and pick the team himself.
  • Oakster said:

Yes

You feeling alright there fella? You know the question is "do you want Riga to stay," not, "do you want Riga publicly flogged" right?
  • LoOkOuT said:

The fact that he's even considered as a decent option for Charlton shows the depth of shite this club is in under Roland Duchatelet.

We don't have a huge sample size in the ~15 years prior to this regime coming in, but I'd argue he's a far better coach than Parky. I've heard from just about everywhere he's been that Pardew makes training interesting for the players, but tactically speaking he's poor and I wouldn't have him ahead of Riga (my personal feelings about the man might be getting in the way there).
  • Yes, of course, but he's gone. Completely pointless even discussing!
  • SDAddick said:

LoOkOuT said:

The fact that he's even considered as a decent option for Charlton shows the depth of shite this club is in under Roland Duchatelet.

We don't have a huge sample size in the ~15 years prior to this regime coming in, but I'd argue he's a far better coach than Parky. I've heard from just about everywhere he's been that Pardew makes training interesting for the players, but tactically speaking he's poor and I wouldn't have him ahead of Riga (my personal feelings about the man might be getting in the way there).</blockquo

I think Parkinson has done very well since leaving us to show hes quite a good coach- got Bradford to league cup final, promoted and now in play offs for Championship. (may pass us coming up as we go down). Although I was glad when we got Chris Powell.
    Pardew I rate not. Think he might take Palace down next year.

• I think Parkinson has done very well since leaving us to show hes quite a good coach- got Bradford to league cup final, promoted and now in play offs for Championship. (may pass us coming up as we go down). Although I was glad when we got Chris Powell.
    Pardew I rate not. Think he might take Palace down next year.

Credit to him on a couple good cup runs, but it feels like he's more or less found his level in mid-table League One. The way he sets up his teams--to defend well and deep, makes them well prepared for a cup run. But in my opinion the football we played was often dire, and that whole pack the midfield approach meant that we rarely looked like scoring goals (though some of that was down to the players at our disposal).
  • Good manager. We finished two places higher than the position we were in when CP left.