Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Time to Target Murray

Comments

• Options
    I remember back to a Bromley fans meeting a few years before Curbs went.

Murray when asked about Curbs possibly being approached by bigger clubs, dismissed it completely as though it didn't matter and stated (I thought at the time) with an air of arrogance "you will be surprised by who would be interested in managing us".

Well Richard, you were right about that. I was very surprised. Maybe your ego made the decision in that as well.

IMO ego is more likely the driver than his money back from the promised land which isn't going to happen.

I pray that the next incumbent gets shot of this hold he seems to have regarding finances, especially having told other people you knew the risks about your investment in CAFC, when it went belly up.
  • Options
    Judas.
  • Options
    In a sad way, it is good we are not getting into premier league any time soon as it means Murray will not get his money, sorry for the other directors in his group
  • Options
    About time he moved on?
  • Options
    We should make his summer as uncomfortable as possible .
  • Options

100% this.
  • Options
    He is a daft old twat and fits in with the rest of muppets running the club. Time to go now as you have lost any respect that we had for you.
  • Options
    I think unfortunately he had probably always been a twat.

He put his money in fair play. But if you watch those interviews back now, he still looks like a twat then.

Benefit of hindsight.
  • Options
    It's not too late for Richard Murray - if he were to take a stand. Doesn't seem likely though.
  • Options
    Godstone said:

It's not too late for Richard Murray - if he were to take a stand. Doesn't seem likely though.

If he took a stand now, it would only be for RM, not CAFC.

That ship has sailed, a long time ago.

Sad, when you think how highly he was thought of by the fans.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He must fear for his safety now.
  • Options
    Murray you coward
  • Options

Break the air conditioning in his Spanish villa?
  • Options
    Shame on you
  • Options
    It is totally too late for RM. could be interesting to consider what interests he has that can be disrupted during the close season.
  • Options
    Murray is an easier target than RD in many ways. His home address and that of his brood who used to be Directors of Charlton can easily be found from Companies House.
    We should also be targeting the lawyers, bankers, advisors and other companies involved in the club''s day to day activities. Shame them in to giving up.
  • Options
    Did anyone notice in the November meeting video how aggravated he was at times. From his body language and his tone he came across as someone who thought it was an affront to even have this sort of meeting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

Did anyone notice in the November meeting video how aggravated he was at times. From his body language and his tone he came across as someone who thought it was an affront to even have this sort of meeting.

Yes, he spent more time looking at his phone under the table than concentrating on addressing the concerns of supporters.
  • Options
    Build a bonfire,
    Build a bonfire,
    Put the Belgians on top,
    Throw Murray in the middle,
    And burn the fucking lot!
  • Options
    He was probably checking Charlton life to see how his comments went down.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

He now had it pretty good. He is literally getting paid to do.....absolutely nothing. His name is never mentioned on any work aspect of the club. He doesn't meet with fans either. It's weird and sounds utterly pointless. The money owed to Murrary must be back pocket change for RD so why not just pay him off and let go....it's like a slow death.

Large subject this, but once again he is NOT being paid AFAIK. If he was it would have to be hidden abroad like KM, because payments to directors are zero in the accounts.
  • Options
    edited May 2016

1StevieG said:

Yes, he spent more time looking at his phone under the table than concentrating on addressing the concerns of supporters.
    I am sure a couple of times he was even having a cheeky peek at Katriens arse. A non exec director perk?
  • Options
    Look at the way he grabs the tea spoon like he is trying some Uri Geller spoon bending on it.
  • Options
    The big problem for us if a buyer comes along, is that we get stuck with RM again.
    he obviously makes it a condition of the sale and could be why a few potential buyers have walked away in the past.

Yes, he has loans in the club - fair enough, but he obviously is powerless in the boardroom.

We need a complete change - but we also need to be careful what we wish for, or we will get more of the same lunacy.
  • Options
    He seemed to disappear at HT at the same time as Meire and the rumour is she left the ground.
    If so Murray may have been providing a Shoulder to cry on - God knows she can't have many friends left atThe Valley.

No time for Murray now - with his experience he could have provided the check and balance against the mismanagement pervading every area of the club but seemingly choose to keep his mouth shut at every turn of events.

Like Duchatelet and Meire there is no way back for Murray either. All of them lame duck directors.
    The Club has no effective functioning Senior Management Team and currently no manager/coach for the football team.
    Worst case scenario if RD doesn't go is that he takes over on all executive decisions.

Back to Murray...................time for you to go as well Sir.
  • Options
    I think it's conceivable that both Meire and Murray were advised to leave the directors box so as not to provide a focus for the demonstrations should a pitch invasion occurred before the end or after.

I also doubt that either shed any tears.
  • Options
    His last utterance was the 'interview' (statement) where he droned on about the need for better communication. The rest is silence.

I would be interested to know if they remained in the ground. Even if advised not to come out for the second half for security reasons, they ought to have remained to congratulate the Burnley directors etc. If they actually headed off, hand in hand, then I think we have won an important battle.

Murray squandered all goodwill a long time ago. He is now every bit as much of this mess as Roland and Squirrel Face and can only expect the same treatment until he takes the rather large hint and buggers off.