Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks Charlton v Burnley

Pope -
Fanni -
Teixeira -
Diarra -
Fox -
Harriott -
Kashi -
Cousins -
Lookman -
Berg Gudmundsson -
Vetokele -

Jackson n/a ref blew on 90mins so I have edited him n/a
Suk Young n/a
Ba n/a

and that is that

Comments

• Just for you and the work you've done on CharltonLife this season @Lancashire Lad

Pope ... 6
    Fanni ... 5
    Texieira ... 5
    Diarra ... 6
    Fox ... 5
    Harriott ... 6
    Kashi ... 5
    Cousins ... 5.5
    Lookman ... 6
    Gudmundsson ... 7
    Vetokele ... 5

Jackson ... 5
    Young ... N/A
    Ba ... N/A
  • Pope - 5
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 5.5
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 5
    Harriott - 3.5
    Kashi - 6.5
    Cousins - 5
    Lookman - 5.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Vetokele - 4.5
    Jackson - 6
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 5
    Harriott - 5.5
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Lookman - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Vetokele - 4.5
    Jackson - 6
  • edited May 2016

A slight contrast to Colin...

From watching online

Pope - 7.5 (looked assured in the main, will be kicking himself over the third)
    Fanni - 6 (good going forward, but caught out too often defensively - shame Solly was not available for selection).
    Teixeira - 5.5 (assured at times, but fell asleep badly for the 3rd, could easily have been booked)
    Diarra - 5.5 (he's a much better player than this, but I thought he was really quite sloppy today, was a bit lucky the ref was so lenient)
    Fox - 6 (caught out for the second, but was trying his heart out, both in defence and attack - noticed, in particular, during the second half, when others in defence were on autopilot, how well he got back from an attacking position to deal with a Burnley counter - must be absolutely knackered)
    Harriott - 6.5 (tried hard, played at real pace and worried Burnley, involved in much of our best moves, it's just a shame he's not a goal scorer).
    Kashi - 6 (would have been 8.5 for the first half, but faded badly, IMO in the second, was hardly mentioned by the commentary except to state that they expected him to be subbed).
    Cousins - 7.5 (worked tirelessly, made important tackles and closed the opposition down, drove forward when he could, just couldn't make the impact we'd have liked as the team went increasingly deep).
    Lookman - 7 (brilliant touches, some great runs, fell over too easily at times and has not got a shot worthy of the name away today, but really exciting - I can see Burnley looking to sign him after today).
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 (he has it all, almost, and we'll miss that when he takes it away over the summer, looked a class above for most of the time he was on, assume he was subbed to keep him fresh for the Euros - we looked much less inventive without him).
    Vetokele - 5.5 (some decent touches, and then some awful touches; the raw pace was lacking, but you could see that, with a decent fitness regime, there's still a useful player there, I'm sure he'll find a team that has that).
    Jackson - 6 (came in to a team that was going backwards at a rate of knots, no one player could turn that around, some decent touches, but there were few attacking options open to him in his time on the pitch).

MOM was Heaton by a country mile. With another goalkeeper, it could easily have been 4-1 to CAFC before half time.

Suk Young n/a
    Ba n/a

and that is that

• Pope - 5
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 6
    Fox - 5
    Harriott - 4
    Kashi - 6.5
    Cousins - 5
    Lookman - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Vetokele - 4.5
    Sofa Destruction - 10
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 6
    Fox - 6
    Harriott - 5
    Kashi - 6.5
    Cousins - 5
    Lookman - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Vetokele - 5

Goodbye to the Valley for the time being. see you again when these Belgium muppets have gone
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 6
    Harriott - 5
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 5
    Lookman - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 (bye johann)
    Vetokele - 4

Fans United (again) - 10
  • edited May 2016
    Sorry in advance this is so long, given we don't get League One games streamed here will probably be my last chance to watch Charlton for some time.

Pope - 6.5 - Not at fault for any of the goals really. Didn't have a whole lot to do but came for a couple crosses and looked to immediately get it out and start an attack. Heaton's brilliant save from Harriott started with him claiming a corner and rolling to Kashi.

Fanni - 4.5 - Didn't track his man for the first goal, gave a half-hearted attempt at closing down the cross on the second. Good footballer, doesn't have the engine for RB anymore.

Teixeira - 5.5 - Caught a bit flat-footed for the first goal. Lackadaisical for the third. He and Diarra are not the greatest match due to lack of pace, but his distribution was good and he made some very good recovery tackles.

Diarra - 5 - Can get away as a CB against the bottom half of the table in this league, but not against Gray and Vokes. Unlucky with the deflection on the cross for the first, got caught way up the field and out of position on the second, didn't provide cover on the third. Still class, will miss him.

Fox - 6 - Solid if unspectacular. Burnley looked to have a bit of joy down his side right at the start and then nothing. Will rarely come up against a better right-sided player than Boyd and looked decent. The blocked cross that deflected back off him would have been a fitting goal, had a great strike toward the end.

Harriott - 6 - Unpredictable in a good and bad way. His movement and touches were very good in the first half. Denied by an absolutely brilliant save from Heaton which he took well with his right foot. Second half he faded like the rest. Hopefully will stick with us and will tear up League One next year.

Kashi - 6 - What could have been. Difficult game for a defensive midfielder given that Burnley play direct, and that he clearly lacked fitness, but always a good option in possession and wonderfully two-footed. Will be badly missed.

Cousins - 6 - Not his best game but he's clearly improved in the second half of the season. Every time I see him he looks more and more comfortable on the ball. Had some very nice touches in the first half. Looks less panicked when he gets the ball in the final third. Feel like he's about to really push on in his career, especially if he can play with better players around him. Probably won't be with us, but even if we'd stayed up I'm not sure he would have stayed. Good luck to him. Made in Charlton.

Lookman - 6.5 - In the first half particularly he had the most well-rounded performance I've seen from him. Great movement, looked to get at players, and looked composed in the final third, looking to take an extra touch instead of just hit it. Should have had a penalty after a wonderful 1-2 with...Igor(?). Another one who looks like he's about to really take his game to the next level, albeit not with us.

Berg Gudmundsson - 7 - Every time I've seen him this year he's looked a level or two above. Because of his intelligence, understanding of space, and touch he always has an extra half yard, and that is despite constantly having little kicks at his ankles and shins. Tested Heaton on a couple of occasions. Played Lookie in for Harriott's chance. For all the poor decisions by the network scouting he's a real gem. Looked sad and frustrated to be coming off. For all the pseudo-science reading of his body language Tim Roth in "Lie to Me" nonsense, I think he genuinely cared. "Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got 'til it's gone." It will be quite some time before we see a player with such ability don a Charlton shirt. Good luck, Iceland will be my team in the Euros.

Vetokele - 5.5 - Another what could have been. Half yard slow and his touch let him down and yet he still looks a handful for defenders. Did Ben Mee for pace before scuffing his shot wide. It's hard to watch him at times because you can see what he's trying to do and yet that explosiveness and technical ability aren't quite there. Worked very hard for the cause. Good luck to him, hope wherever he ends up next he gets fit and finds form.

Jackson n/a
    Suk Young n/a
    Ba - It was a real shame that he was booed. I think he could look very good in League One with the right players around him. Has the ability, just needs to work on the mental side of the game and consistency.
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 5.5
    Fox - 3
    Harriott - 4
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 3
    Lookman - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Vetokele - 3
  • vffvff
    edited May 2016
    Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 5,5
    Diarra - 5.5
    Fox - 5
    Harriott - 6
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 5.5
    Lookman - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Vetokele - 6

Duchatlet & Meire minus 500,00
  • Sponsored links:

• Pope - 6.5 Looked confident, set up what should have been a goal by Harriott
    Fanni - 5.5 OK
    Teixeira - 7 MOM Hope he is around next season
    Diarra - 6.5 As has said before, if only a few years younger
    Fox - 5.5 Not a good game
    Harriott - 6 Plenty of speed, not a lot else
    Kashi - 6.5 We have missed him, but not fully fit
    Cousins - 6.5 Worked hard, needs to sort out shooting and passing
    Lookman - 6.5 Plenty of prospect, whether we see it or not
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 Did not want to come off when subbed, perhaps Riga did not want him injured for the Euro's
    Vetokele - 5.5 Shadow of player who joined us
  • Pope - 6 claimed well but will be kicking himself over the 3rd.
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 5.5
    Fox - 6
    Harriott - 6 tried hard, not good at finishing
    Kashi - 6.5
    Cousins - 5.5
    Lookman - 6.5 didn't stop
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 classy player. Last we'll see of him in a Charlton shirt
    Vetokele - 5

• Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 3
    Harriott - 4
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 5
    Lookman - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Vetokele - 1
  • I did watch most of the game,

Pope 6 - couldn't really see he was at fault for any goal but expected him to pull of a brilliant save off if one.

Fanni - 5 not great at right back

Teixara - 6 ordinary with occasional good if basic challenge

Diarra -5 rare poor game with some shockingly loose passing, Looked spent.

Fox - 5 dependable backwards, a good strike I thought might be his second goal but some rubbish crosses again

Harriott - 4 wasted too much for me. Should have scored. Looked weak in front of goal, not the same player who came back from loan full of confidence.

Kashi - 7 if he fails to get a move and JBG gets one, he will be our best player by a margin next year

Cousins - 5 not quite on it today

Lookman - 6 he looks good but is still very green and very tiny

JBG - 7 nearly scored, total quality and really out a shift in today chasing down in a way he hasn't really many games. He nearly chased down two players and then the keeper. Even though he's not gone that far all season he is still total quality. Great ovation when he was subbed and a good response for him. Clearly off.

Vetokele -4 still off his initial pace but not a total shocker.

Pope 6 - couldn't really see he was at fault for any goal but expected him to pull of a brilliant save off if one.

Fox - 5 dependable backwards, a good strike I thought might be his second goal but some rubbish crosses again

Harriott - 4 wasted too much for me. Should have scored. Looked weak in front of goal, not the same player who came back from loan full of confidence.

Kashi - 7 if he fails to get a move and JBG gets one, he will be our best player by a margin next year

JBG - 7 nearly scored, total quality and really out a shift in today chasing down in a way he hasn't really many games. He nearly chased down two players and then the keeper. Even though he's not gone that far all season he is still total quality. Great ovation when he was subbed and a good response for him. Clearly off.

Spot on for me.
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 6
    Fox - 4
    Harriott - 4
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 3
    Lookman - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6
    Vetokele - 3
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 6
    Fox - 6
    Harriott - 6
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Lookman - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Vetokele - 5
  • Pope - 5 Didn't have much to do but still let in 3. At fault for the 3rd.
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 7 still got class
    Fox - 6 Mixed. Culpable for the 2nd but otherwise pretty good.
    Harriott - 7. Always lively.
    Kashi - 6 - Bit rusty.
    Cousins - 6
    Lookman - 7.5 - Such a talent.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5. A real threat first half
    Vetokele - 5 - really not very good.
  • Pope - 5.5
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 5
    Harriott - 6
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Lookman - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Vetokele - 5
    Jackson - 6

Good summary. Only thing I would add from watching it on a stream is just how good Heaton's save was on Harriott. He was off his line quickly and was down incredibly quickly. Harriott, for all the chances he misses, and given he was on his weaker foot, was unlucky I think.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
    Pope - 5.5
    Fanni 5
    Fox 4
    Tiexiera 6
    Diarra 5.5
    Harriott 3.5
    Kashi 6.5
    Cousins 6
    JBG 6.5
    Lookman 6
    Vetokele 4
  • Pope 6 little to do apart from pick the ball out of the back of the next after some woeful defending
    Fanni 5
    Teixeira 5
    Diarra 6 not really a central defender, his best bits were bringing the ball out
    Fox 5 defending a bit iffy, very good cross that Vetokele didn't gamble on
    Harriott 3 one decent shot, everything else was awful, if I never see him in a Charlton shirt again, I won't be disappointed
    Kashi 6
    Cousins 4 ran around a lot to little, if any, effect
    Lookman 7 everything good came through him...
    Berg Gudmundsson 8 ...and him
    Vetokele 6 not much service but should have gambled on Fox geting in that cross - compare and contrast with their first goal.
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5
    Teixeira - 6
    Diarra - 6
    Fox - 5
    Harriott - 6
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 7
    Lookman - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7.5
    Vetokele - 4.5
  • edited May 2016
    Pope - 6 not at fault for any of the goals.
    Fanni - 7 showed some excellent composure on the ball.
    Teixeira - 6 solid.
    Diarra - 6 Decent.
    Fox - 6 put one lovely cross in but not a soul insight gambling on the ball across goal.
    Harriott - 5 for all the good things he does he undoes them with the bad decisions.
    Kashi - 7 steady eddy. After missing most of the season still came back and looked like he had never been away.
    Cousins - 5 one of his worst games. Could not control a bag of cement.
    Lookman - 7 even as rough as this diamond is he still showed why he is being scouted by the top teams.
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 unlucky not score.
    Vetokele - 3 About as much use as the wave of crap thrown on the pitch by the crowd. Rubbish.

If you see the Swansea second goal against WHU Vetokele should have been making the same run for the Fox cross as Ayew did.
  • Pope - 5.5
    Fanni - 6.5 Liking ham more each game.
    Teixeira - 7.5 MOM for me
    Diarra - 6.5 Solid
    Fox - 6 Not his best game
    Harriott - 6
    Kashi - 7 Things might have been different had he not been injured.
    Cousins - 4 Sorry Jordan, terrible game yesterday.
    Lookman - 7 Some great moves.
    JBG - 7 Good game, so unlucky not to score.
    Vetokele - 4 Poor.
  • edited May 2016
    Pope - 6 - the third goal went through his legs but apart from that at no fault on anything else.
    Fanni - 5 most of the crossing in first and second half came from his side. obviously struggled as he's not a full back.
    Teixeira - 7
    Diarra - 7 class act. couple of mistakes but I do hope we keep him even if he is getting on a bit.
    Fox - 4.5 attacking wise can be pretty good. defensively pretty hopeless because of very poor positioning can be blamed for both first and second goal.
    Harriott - 6
    Kashi - 6 started slowly but came back in the match until rang out of puff at the end.
    Cousins - 6 not his best game but still the heart of this side.
    Lookman - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7 good performance. good luck in the euros.
    Vetokele - 3 pace has gone and his touch went with it

• Pope - 6
    Fanni - 4.5
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 5
    Fox - 5
    Harriott -6
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Lookman - 7
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Vetokele - 5

• Pope - 6
    Fanni - 5.5
    Teixeira - 7
    Diarra - 5.5
    Fox - 5.5
    Harriott - 5.5
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 6
    Lookman - 6.5
    Berg Gudmundsson - 6.5
    Vetokele - 5
  • Pope - 5
    Fanni - 5
    Teixeira - 5
    Diarra - 5
    Fox -5
    Harriott - 5
    Kashi -4
    Cousins -4
    Lookman -6
    Berg Gudmundsson -6
    Vetokele -5
    That game just about sums up the season, only two players just above the just good enough level,
  • Pope - 6
    Fanni - 6
    Teixeira - 7
    Diarra - 6.5
    Fox - 5
    Harriott - 5
    Kashi - 6
    Cousins - 5
    Lookman - 6
    Berg Gudmundsson - 7
    Vetokele - 5