Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How have the Blackpool fans kept going?

However bad things are at the Valley Blackpool have managed to outdo them. I can't begin to understand how their fans have managed to keep turning up to watch the pantomine unfold.
Not sure what enjoyment can be gained?

Comments

• Fans had begun protesting at games, calling for Oyston to leave the club after failing to provide the necessary funding for the club's infrastructure, despite the club having received an estimated £80million cash windfall after their victory over Cardiff City atWembley. To compound the ill-feeling, Oyston paid his father £11million,[61] distributed another £26million around other Oyston-owned companies, and purchased land – owned by the club – behind the stadium for £650,000, which was then sold back to the club for £6.5million after a lease for aTravelodge had been secured.

Yet he's still there. But the Football League are OK with that.
  • A lot haven't kept going.
  • Whats Blackpool's average attendance these days ? If it's over 5,000 then they're doing well given what they've had to put up with.
  • FFS that's easy. No matter how shit their football club gets, they still have to live in Blackpool right?
  • se9addick said:

Whats Blackpool's average attendance these days ? If it's over 5,000 then they're doing well given what they've had to put up with.

7000+.
  • se9addick said:

Whats Blackpool's average attendance these days ? If it's over 5,000 then they're doing well given what they've had to put up with.

7000+.
    Fair play to them, we'll be lucky to get that next year.
  • My son, who lives near Blackpool, tells me that many supporters are now turning to local up-and-coming team Fylde rather than continue to support Oyston's team.
  • What's happened at Blackpool is an example that fans can very unfairly end up pretty powerless.

The fact that the FA or football league, whatever, whoever...the fact that no one with authority has stepped in and put a stop to it - Is an absolute disgrace.

Why have the fans not received help and understanding with this?

Surely certain rules and guidelines can be put in place that football club owners have to abide by at minimum. It would stop an awful lot of shit.
  • Blackpool could still stay up and I hope they do.

Charlton and Blackpool fans can work together and unite when necessary. Not a full time thing as we should just be looking out for ourselves and them likewise but it would be worthy and would get good media.

• Sponsored links:

• cafctom said:

How on earth can the Football League just turn blind eye to what is going on there?

They use the same old 'well it's the owners business to run how he chooses' bullshit every time. How can they allow a Football Club like theirs' and soon to be ours' be dragged so low, so unnecessarily?

I really do hope we completely fuck things up for the Football League on their big day tomorrow.

If the FA and Football League were around in 1940 and had to make a decision, we'd all be speaking German now. Dont hold your breathe waiting for either of them to show some leadership. As long as they are still getting their Cup Final tickets, they are happy.