Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• edited May 2016
    sammy391 said:

After the club piping up so much about having the manager pick his transfer targets , as well as having targets from a DOF and head scout - who is putting this list together!? It's laughable

It is pretty ironic, at this point in time it remains to be seen if we even have a manager for next season - let alone the preferences of players that manager would like to have.

The manager is easily the most important position for the success of the club, and to give that manager the best chances you need to let him build his own squad - i.e Chris Powell and the squad of 2011/12.
  • Swap deal for Lookman...?

They sign Ademola on a permanent basis whilst we get Abraham on loan for the season as a thank you.
  • Tammy Abraham. Sounds like an American tv reality star who will be on the next series of Celebrity Big Brother
  • It really says something about what KM and RD have done to our club, when every snippet of news I feel derision and anger about. My cynicism has increased 100% in the last two seasons: who is targeting these players and who will negotiate? Neither fills you with confidence!
  • All seriousness this lad is a goal machine and would tear up league one.. can't see him coming thou, will go to a championship team at minimum.
  • Sponsored links:

• English experienced manager, young talented English players - maybe they have learnt from their mistakes! Righto.

As with everyone else, can't help but be sceptical about all this but, if nothing else, this summer will be interesting and certainly tell us a lot about their intentions for league one.

• Three blokes in Belgium on laptops. Fucking 'hit list', don't make me laugh.
  • Three blokes in Belgium on laptops. Fucking 'hit list', don't make me laugh.

And also the Supporters Relations Team replying to our e-mails when they stop looking at players on football manager.
  • we don't want loans we want players who REALLY want to play for the club .. anyway, hasn't the loan 'market' undergone major changes ?
  • Just what we need, a young striker with no first team experience.

Where he comes from means little, Eccleston didn't destroy League One, former Barcelona player Ceballos can't even make the bench.
  • Is she Laurie's sister?
  • sammy391 said:

After the club piping up so much about having the manager pick his transfer targets , as well as having targets from a DOF and head scout - who is putting this list together!? It's laughable

This seems to prove, as it we didn't know anyway, that signings are being done regardless of who is manager. Which presumably means that Katrien is making these choices based on meetings with agents and without the benefit of any scouting reports from the club. God help us.
  • He has a 1 in 2 record at every level he has played.

He may not be the messiah but he's very highly rated indeed at Chelsea - hence being given a 4 year contact earlier this season.
  • South London lad used to play for Bruin
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Just what we need, a young striker with no first team experience.

Where he comes from means little, Eccleston didn't destroy League One, former Barcelona player Ceballos can't even make the bench.

Lookman didn't do too badly or us at 18

Defoe was massively successful on loan at Bournemouth, at the same age. 18 goals in 29 appearances

It's about getting the right players...
  • This boy is shit hot. He will not be coming to us.
  • English players, English manager?

Well I never. It's taken over 2 years for this mob to realise what we need. So Roly are you admitting that you do do failure then? Too little to late.
  • Is she Laurie's sister?

Harold's son.
  • English players, English manager?

Well I never. It's taken over 2 years for this mob to realise what we need. So Roly are you admitting that you do do failure then? Too little to late.

I still don't think he realises. Believe it when it happens.
  • edited May 2016
    mogodon said:

English players, English manager?

I still don't think he realises. Believe it when it happens.
    Agreed. It's probably a load of old bollocks. Trying to get season ticket money in. We will end up with chris de Burgh manager and Tammy Wynette up front
  • Why would we need him if we've got Lookman already?
  • Why would we need him if we've got Lookman already?

Is there a quota for young, black strikers?

One is 5'8" speedy and tricky
    One is 6'2" and a goal machine

Perhaps they could work together? Perhaps they know each other?
  • The highlight reels of a few players in England on Youtube seem to be rising...many a hits from Belgium also....