Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Lookman Leaving?

2»

Comments

• no release fee in Lookman's contract according to SLP.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117782

Brilliant news if true. Be surprised though if it was anywhere near £6m. If he was to move and go out on loan, I'm sure it would be to a championship club. The boy is miles to good for league 1.
    If several clubs are genuinely interested I suppose you can negotiate what you like. Obviously we will have to wait for the new manager to come in and decides what he wants to do.

Signing a long deal with no get out fee maybe the best thing he has ever done.
    It means that his agents will be demanding wages that match the fee. Good luck to the lad and his family.
  • dizzee said:

Dave2l said:

6million...thanks for that shit journalism mirror.

Give Liverpool at least some respect that they know what the phrase easy bargain is. They have purchased young players from charlton in the past!

Roland would accept so much less then that and whatever money the transfer is, it will not go towards the recruitment of other players anyway.

Liverpool, easy bargain?

They paid £35m for Andy Carroll and £20m for Henderson.
    Yes but only £35,000 for Kevin Keegan
  • Off_it said:

I can't believe anyone in their right mind would argue he should stay. Did last season just pass you by?

Get out son. Good luck.

Agreed, sadly mate. If were in the Championship it would be different...
  • shirty5 said:

colin1961 said:

6 mill is an excellent bit of business for a player who played half a season .....
    Get good add-ons included and a season loan back .....

6 million, my arse.
    Seems very pricey for an arse.
    Not if you include the legal fees for the super injunction.
  • edited May 2016
    he wont progress in Div 1. If we get £2 million for him id be surprised
  • edited May 2016
    If we get a decent fee for JBG, then why shouldn't he continue playing for us? Fits the mould as young, and would be someone that , if I was Chris Wilder , would be saying I would want him to stay.
  • @colin1961

What are you views on the relegation?

Silence.
  • edited May 2016
    It goes without saying that I'd like Lookman (and Cousins) to stay but both these players have demonstrated their ability to play at the higher level.

What would be in it for them to go down a level particularly in the unstable madhouse our Club has become?

They will leave.
  • Anyone seen the spurs 8 million rumour?
    Random source... Snap their hand off for that if it comes with a loan back clause.
  • Sponsored links:

• We should sell if it is the £5m region. We wouldn't get more than that even if we were a champ team still. Let the boy go and become and England international. He won't achieve that here under these muppets.
  • I like watching his skills so don't sell...on the other hand I am not planning to watch us next season while Roland is in charge so what the heck.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Anyone seen the spurs 8 million rumour?
    Random source... Snap their hand off for that if it comes with a loan back clause.

Was in the Express on Sunday
  • Why would Spurs loan him back to play in League 1?
  • iaitch said:

Why would Spurs loan him back to play in League 1?

No idea, but I'd snap their hand off for a deal with that clause.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Anyone seen the spurs 8 million rumour?

And how much of that £8 mil would get sensibly invested into the playing squad?

I should imagine most of it would be syphoned out by Roland.

• It would pay for the foundations for the Jimmy Seed Hotel.
  • Redrobo said:

no release fee in Lookman's contract according to SLP.

http://www.southlondon-today.co.uk/article.cfm?id=117782

Brilliant news if true. Be surprised though if it was anywhere near £6m. If he was to move and go out on loan, I'm sure it would be to a championship club. The boy is miles to good for league 1.
    If several clubs are genuinely interested I suppose you can negotiate what you like. Obviously we will have to wait for the new manager to come in and decides what he wants to do.

Signing a long deal with no get out fee maybe the best thing he has ever done.
    It means that his agents will be demanding wages that match the fee. Good luck to the lad and his family.
    Yeah, but with the incompetent one in charge of negotiations he'll probably go for a couple of hundred euros, some old croc on loan for a month and a new sofa.