Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Blackburn Rovers

2»

Comments

• Options

Leicester!

Not under the same owners that got them relegated. Same applies to Southampton, and Man City.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

I'm still trying to work out which teams that have been relegated and have turned their clubs around and emerged stronger.

Southampton?

Norwich
    Man City
    Charlton
    Norwich I can possibly accept, but they've hardly been more than a yo yo club since leaving League 1. Citeh are only where they are because of the vast amounts of money thrown at them.

Charlton? Stronger than what or whom? The only London teams worse than us are Orient with owners worse than ours and AFC who have achieved miracles since being reformed.

The others mentioned like Forest, Leeds and the Massives are all Championship Clubs who hover about between the relegation spots and the play offs, year after year.
    How much stronger do you want them to become? Norwich, being a yo yo club between the Premier and the Championship is much, much, much better than being relegated to the third division. Sheff Wed are now much stronger than they were when they were fighting relegation to the third division.

Also you forgot to excuse Leicester from that list. I'd be surprised if you could find more than five clubs that wouldn't take a season in the third division in exchange for winning the Premier League. I suspect that both Spurs and Liverpool would seriously think about taking the deal if it were offered to them.
  • Options
    'Work has already begun to make this happen and we will be making every effort during the forthcoming season to give ourselves the best chance to achieve this goal.'

Didn't realise they also used Pitch PR.
  • Options
    Both the Massive and Leicester have had new owners that have got them to where they are. Similarly Citeh and Southampton

Blackburn and us are stuck with our current underperforming owners. Both of whom appear to have 'goals' very wide of the mark.

Never mind. They are both sorry.
  • Options
    I'll take Blackburn getting promoted before us if both ownerships stay the same
  • Options

Leicester!

For every Leicester there is a Portsmouth.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Both the Massive and Leicester have had new owners that have got them to where they are. Similarly Citeh and Southampton

Blackburn and us are stuck with our current underperforming owners. Both of whom appear to have 'goals' very wide of the mark.

So is the criteria that the owners aren't allowed to have changed? What about the manager? What about the players? What about the ticket office staff.

It doesn't, in my opinion, matter what changes in the background if the club goes down and comes back stronger then it comes back stronger. In many cases the change of ownership only comes about because the club is relegated. Therefore the relegation did turn out to help the club come back stronger. This is exactly what happened with us when Richard Murray took over and they took all the shares back. Then they sold the club and Powell was brought in. Chances are that this change of ownership wouldn't have happened if we'd stayed in the Championship.
  • Options

Addickted said:

So is the criteria that the owners aren't allowed to have changed? What about the manager? What about the players? What about the ticket office staff.

It doesn't, in my opinion, matter what changes in the background if the club goes down and comes back stronger then it comes back stronger. In many cases the change of ownership only comes about because the club is relegated. Therefore the relegation did turn out to help the club come back stronger. This is exactly what happened with us when Richard Murray took over and they took all the shares back. Then they sold the club and Powell was brought in. Chances are that this change of ownership wouldn't have happened if we'd stayed in the Championship.
    In the context of a thread about Blackburn Rovers and the Venkys' statement that they are "determined to see Blackburn Rovers do the same", it probably does matter.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

I'm still trying to work out which teams that have been relegated and have turned their clubs around and emerged stronger.

Southampton?

Norwich
    Man City
    Charlton
    Norwich I can possibly accept, but they've hardly been more than a yo yo club since leaving League 1. Citeh are only where they are because of the vast amounts of money thrown at them.

Charlton? Stronger than what or whom? The only London teams worse than us are Orient with owners worse than ours and AFC who have achieved miracles since being reformed.

The others mentioned like Forest, Leeds and the Massives are all Championship Clubs who hover about between the relegation spots and the play offs, year after year.
    Well that's 3 that came back stronger, there are more and Charlton certainly did but as we know wheels came off spectacularly. With the departure of Orient from the league we are well on course to becoming worse team in London next season. Not bad achievement considering where we were a dozen years ago. Our owner clearly has no intention, interest or inclination how to get us out of this league he has put us in. So no bounce back for the foreseeable for us this time round.
    It is possible for Blackburn to bounce back but we will have to wait and see the level of ambitions of the owners. I would think that they will start off as one of the favourites to go up. We will soon know but if I hear the mention of top six budget, mistakes were made and we have a manger that knows this league I'm having a tenner on them to drop straight through.