Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlie Connelly Blog (ed. must read, brilliant piece)

Comments

• Options
    Absolutely superb article
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I read it while at work this morning and had to leave the office for a moment afterwards as I was 'choked-up' reading it. The brilliance of the piece only surpassed by the absolute brilliance of a wordsmith at their very best!! This should be handed to everyone going to the Burnley game, it may bring home to some of the waverers what they have 'lost' under RD. He has written it without swearing, or advocating anything illegal, but with a sense of purpose that makes you want to be part of winning the club back. It is without doubt one of the best articles I have read in many a year.
    The loss of his uncle and how that was written was very sad, yet uplifting. Thank you sir, many congratulations.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

"so far out of his depth the coastguard is on permanent alert "

A wordsmith at his very best!

Don't do yourself an injustice AFKA, you fat waster

Bit harsh...

• Options
    Enjoyed that. A brilliant feel - good read. Straight from the heart.

The last bit, was close to having watery eyes.

• Options
    Seem,s I'm not the only one that choked up at the end, a great read.
  • Options
    As I read that, I picked out a quote to post here because it was so good I wanted to draw everyone's attention to it. Then I picked another, and another. Then I had a rethink; there are so many good potential-quotes that it became unquotable. It just needs to be read as a whole. Great article.

• Options
    edited April 2016

Brilliant. How about we print it and hand it out at the Burnley match ? Obviously with his permission. If someone from CARD wants to contact me I'll get them printed and delivered next week FOC for the cause.

Can you on the reverse print a plan of a paper aeroplane, so once read we can construct a plane and launch it towards the directors box.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    I think this bit deserves to be quoted separately.

"In some ways this campaign is easier because the regime plays into the hands of the protestors at every turn. When it comes to the fans, Duchatelet and his Chief Executive Katrien Meire by their actions seem to think that we’re a slack-jawed, monosyllabic mass of knuckleheads who spend our waking hours shuffling around glassy-eyed chanting “Chow’un, *clap clap clap*”; numbskulled obsessives united by a blind loyalty that accepts with deference whatever we’re told is good for us.

As with most of their strategies they’ve got this startlingly wrong.

The people being systematically alienated and insulted by the Duchatelet regime are from all strata of society. A football club is a community and like any community it comprises a range of people: some as successful in business as Duchatelet himself; the rest generally articulate, intelligent and rational. Normal people, in other words. Normal people with opinions, knowledge and the choice of whether or not to accept the way the club is run."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CHGCHG
    edited April 2016
    Throughly enjoyed reading that. Very good piece. One of the only good things about us being run by that waste of skin Roland, apart from the CARD activities, is the passion and quality in the articles written about our downfall and the task at hand. Thanks Charlie.
  • Options
    Great piece.

We need to make sure our friends on the terraces at St Truiden and all the Network clubs see this.

• Options
    Brilliant Charlie, literally brings it all home.
  • Options
    What we really need is for this to be published somewhere that those not into social media/the internet would see it.
  • Options
    This expresses with great articulacy those feelings of a true supporter. Something which could never have been written by a sterile 'customer' and serves only to emphasise how little Meire has ever understood about the Charlton fanbase.
  • Options

Curb_It said:

"so far out of his depth the coastguard is on permanent alert "

A wordsmith at his very best!

Don't do yourself an injustice AFKA, you fat waster

Bit harsh...

I knew I made a mistake as soon I made my original post Before you rudely amended it.
    Mwah
  • Options
    Put it on her bloody desk.
  • Options
    Unbelievable article.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Brilliant. As others have said, this sums up exactly my own thoughts, feelings, memories - and sadness at what is being destroyed by the regime.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The Trust have brought this to Roland's attention. Whether he takes any notice is a different matter...

Well done, its a classic piece

• Options
    edited April 2016
    You know we are a lucky club as well. We have people who can form political party's, organise protests, produce videos, have stuff manufactured and given out to supporters, produce fanzines, organise surveys, appears in courts of law, spend time on our behalf to be on forums, write eloquent pieces and a number of other things too long to mention. All of this free of charge and done for other supporters benefits. Thank you guys and girls
  • Options

You know we are a lucky club as well. We have people who can form political party's, organise protests, produce videos, have stuff manufactured and given out to supporters, produce fanzines, organise surveys, appears in courts of law, spend time on our behalf to be on forums, write eloquent pieces and a number of other things too long to mention. All of this free of charge and done for other supporters benefits. Thank you guys and girls

Yes, agree. Duchatelet and Meire perception that "we’re a slack-jawed, monosyllabic mass of knuckleheads who spend our waking hours shuffling around glassy-eyed chanting “Chow’un, *clap clap clap” as Charlie eloquently put it is spot on and I think I'm right in thinking that Duchatelet stereotyped Standard Leige fans much in the same vein.

Reading this you know, you just damn well know that Charlie has demonstrated to the the owner and CEO that the resolve of the fans to get Our Charlton Back is a powerful force with unstoppable momentum.

Charlie's battle cry must go forward as a museum piece once this despicable regime is cleared out of The Valley.
  • Options
    Great piece, KM ought to be locked in a room and not be let out until she has read it!
  • Options

Great piece, KM ought to be locked in a room and not be let out until she has read it!

Though she still wouldn't understand it.
  • Options

Absolutely superb.
  • Options

• Options

Wouldn't hurt some of the players to read it, too.
  • Options
    A brilliant article - I hope the architects of our downfall read it and take note.