Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Bob Peeters

Currently managing a club outside the network in the Belgian 1st division. 2nd from bottom so not quite cutting the mustered, but still, it sort of appears he's learnt his lesson via choice of employer and not waiting around for the douch to call. Hopefully won't go back.

He had a thing for openly slagging off the players in the press which was pretty amateurish to say the least.
But...

Wasn't there rumours that he and Katrien very much disliked each other?

Did Peeters ever stick the knife in via media as a bitter ex employee? Wonder if he would now and what he might say about the regime.

Strikes me as the type to not wana hold much back, but then again, why would he care now.

If he openly says she was shit etc, it might you know, help the cause a bit more.

Comments

• Options
    Er, yeah, why would he care now? Why would he want to say something publicly about KM while he's fully occupied with a relegation battle at a club that has nothing to do with the RD regime?
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    What about if he needs another job off of Roly? Peeters is currently managing his 6th club in 6 years, so it's a distinct possibility that will be the case.

I'm fairly sure Peeters wouldn't give a shit about anyway.

See you in 3 months Bob.
  • Options
    He's got no hair but we don't care.
  • Options
    Ok
    I guess once your managing a club in the Belgian pro league division, you've officially "made it" and everything else becomes irrelevant :)
  • Options
    I know I'm in a minority, but I liked him . We played some good football at the start of that season and i think he would have done fine if Henderson and Vetokele stayed fit
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    God we really gave had a pack of losers manage our team in the last ten years, haven't we? (With just one exception)
  • Options
    boggzy said:

God we really gave had a pack of losers manage our team in the last ten years, haven't we? (With just one exception)

Spot on! The one exception being the only manager who won anything.

Iain Dowie May 2006 – November 2006
    Les Reed November 2006 – December 2006
    Alan Pardew December 2006 – November 2008
    Phil Parkinson November 2008 – January 2011
    Keith Peacock (Caretaker) January 2011
    Chris Powell January 2011 – March 2014 League One Champions (2012)
    José Riga March 2014 – May 2014
    Bob Peeters May 2014 – January 2015
    Damian Matthew & Ben Roberts (Caretakers) January 2015
    Guy Luzon January 2015 – October 2015
    Karel Fraeye October 2015 – January 2016
    José Riga January 2016 – present
  • Options
    As far as im aware, he is/was manager of Westerlo - who came bottom of league and were the only team relegated.
    Lewis Coaches might be able to help you - coz he had a chat with Bob a couple of months ago whilst in Belgium- and I know that Bob looks out for our scores every week.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2016

Dunno I still think that Phil Parkinson did an excellent job under the circumstances.

When Parky got sacked we were fourth and didnt have a top Striker...

We then hired Powell who had BWP yet took the same squad Parky had down to 13th.

What helped Powell is the fact he had the Jenkinson money to create such a good squad and the fact he knew to sign the right players.

Also had small things gone right for Parkinson in our first League One season we'd have been promoted straight back to the Championship at the first attempt, we battered Norwich when they came to the Valley but they still stole a 1-0 win, had we won that (or had we beaten Exeter) we'd have got second

Parkinson came in under shit circumstancies as well. Did a good job considering. I seem to recall he subsidised Borrowdales wages as well (stand to be corrected) felt a bit sorry for the bloke.

Not so sure he is any better than a league 1 manager though. He had a bad spell at Hull - that said he probably deserves another crack at Championship level.
    I've always felt its been highly debatable whether Parky is anything but a League One Manager at best.

He's already taken Colchester from League One to the Championship and felt he should have stayed with them when they got promoted, instead he went to Hull and then Charlton (two sides which had players who werent his squad) which is why I think he flopped yet is now why teams are reluctant to give a shot any higher.

I reckon this season it'll be between Bradford and Walsall for promotion from the Play-Offs and hope he does it and stays with them
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    seth plum said:

For all his many faults, in that home game against Derby we played the best football I've seen any Charlton side play since the Scott Parker days.

Sorry just want to check your back talking about Bob Peeters?

If so then I agree... Seeing that Derby at the time were cruising the Championship (even at that early stage) we tore them apart!!
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Bob Peeters inspires the old wartime classic in me...

"We'll meet again
    Don't know where
    Don't know when
    But I'm sure you'll be back at
    the Va a lley...."

Of course this will apply to any other chump Dutchoven's employed here!
  • Options
    He needs to behave. Surely he knows its his turn (again) next once Riga departs (within a few weeks)
  • Options

Dunno I still think that Phil Parkinson did an excellent job under the circumstances.

We then hired Powell who had BWP yet took the same squad Parky had down to 13th.

What helped Powell is the fact he had the Jenkinson money to create such a good squad and the fact he knew to sign the right players.

Also had small things gone right for Parkinson in our first League One season we'd have been promoted straight back to the Championship at the first attempt, we battered Norwich when they came to the Valley but they still stole a 1-0 win, had we won that (or had we beaten Exeter) we'd have got second

The home defeat against Leyton Orient in 2009-2010 is the one that sticks in the mind for me. Terrible evening game that we never looked like (or felt like) winning. That for me was the result that determined we'd stay down.

But: Parkinson was unlucky. We still got a tally of points that would have secured automatic promotion in several preceding (and subsequent) seasons, and, of course, Bailey ballooned his penalty over the bar in the shoot out.
  • Options
    edited April 2016

The home defeat against Leyton Orient in 2009-2010 is the one that sticks in the mind for me. Terrible evening game that we never looked like (or felt like) winning. That for me was the result that determined we'd stay down.

But: Parkinson was unlucky. We still got a tally of points that would have secured automatic promotion in several preceding (and subsequent) seasons, and, of course, Bailey ballooned his penalty over the bar in the shoot out.
    To be honest dont remember that game yet the Swindon Town 4-2 defeat just before he was sacked was another dreadful performance, that was always a bigger shame because he'd won Manager of the Month just beforehand and regardless people should have known that we were punching above our weight (i.e. the Bally Smart signing proved how many money he had to work with) and that with the sort of squad we had, we'd occasionally have a defeat like the Swindon one.

Of course he was always going to go when Slater etc. came in because they wanted their own man (I doubt he'd have gone else) yet he certainly got the squad playing for the shirt like that memorable 2-2 draw with Swindon.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His season finished over two weeks ago....He has an exteded contract with Westerloo now and from the horses mouth he does follow Charlton reports and results.
  • Options

As far as im aware, he is/was manager of Westerlo - who came bottom of league and were the only team relegated.
    Lewis Coaches might be able to help you - coz he had a chat with Bob a couple of months ago whilst in Belgium- and I know that Bob looks out for our scores every week.

And laughs uncontrollably!!!
  • Options
    Westerlo finished 2nd from bottom ,Bob Peeters saved them from being relegated......Still will be manager next season for Westerlo and STILL playing top flight football in Belgium 2016-2017.He is agood guy and still follows Charlton.
  • Options

Parkinson came in under shit circumstancies as well. Did a good job considering. I seem to recall he subsidised Borrowdales wages as well (stand to be corrected) felt a bit sorry for the bloke.

Not so sure he is any better than a league 1 manager though. He had a bad spell at Hull - that said he probably deserves another crack at Championship level.
    He has a very real chance of passing us on the UP escalator as we go DOWN.

Although Millwall will probably do it.
  • Options

Part of Tim Peake's mission is to bring the ball back.
  • Options
    Bring parky back!
  • Options

He was unlucky in that there were some very big teams against us that season. How often would Leeds, Soton (with the likes of Lallana, Lambert and Fonte) and Norwich (with the likes of Holt and Hoolihan) be down there at the same time.
    Then there was Swindon (with Charlie Austin up front) and a well managed Millwall as well, L1 was seriously competitive that year.
  • Options

He was unlucky in that there were some very big teams against us that season. How often would Leeds, Soton (with the likes of Lallana, Lambert and Fonte) and Norwich (with the likes of Holt and Hoolihan) be down there at the same time.
    Then there was Swindon (with Charlie Austin up front) and a well managed Millwall as well, L1 was seriously competitive that year.
    We did have Dave Mooney and Akopooh Sodje though.
  • Options

Peter_G said:

Fair point. And Parky is now the 5th longest serving manager in England.
    And is a League Cup Runner-Up as a League Two Manager.
    and beat Premier League leaders Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in the FA Cup, long live Parky!
  • Options

Up front with Billy Paynter who looked really good at the time.

I get that Parky didn't have much to work with, but the number of loan players he brought in was ridiculous, and the football was often absolutely awful to watch. He just didn't seem to know how to set teams up to score goals. My strongest memories of those days are wondering how on earth we'd get a goal--and yes I realize we had bad strikers and not much of a budget.

He's found his level now with the occasional cup run.