Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton at the L1 Playoff final Wembley with RD & KM still in charge - would you go?

Hypothetical Thursday!

So lets say Charlton got to the L1 playoff final with RD still the owner and KM still the CEO. This would presumably be with a background of ongoing protests throughout the season. The question is, would you go?

Im probably aiming this at the ST non-renewers who would not want to have anything to do with Charlton while RD and KM are around.

Perhaps you could treat this an away game therefore its technically OK as youre not funding the regime (although I think you are via the gate receipts/TV money etc??), and how often would Charlton get a Wembley game in your lifetime...

Or would you stand by a boycott and refuse to go?

Super hypothetical I know (RD could cobble together promotion threatening squad srysly?), but Id like to hear peoples views.

Comments

• Options
    I think the fan in me couldn't resist it personally, I wouldn't see it as funding the regime and I've held off visiting the new Wembley until Charlton visit so I think I would have too.
  • Options
    Dream on....
  • Options
    lol
  • Options
    Of course!
  • Options
    Stress balls R Us
  • Options
    i couldnt share any special occasion like that with RD and KM. They dont deserve it. A total boycott would send the biggest message of all time!
  • Options
    I think, by asking that question, you have forgotten why we are protesting. Personally, If I see evidence that the club is being managed properly I will consider going again, but this ownership are incredibly unlikely to ever have the capacity to do that - which has been evidenced since they took over!
  • Options
    Not if it was against Millwall, we'd only lose.
  • Options
    braydex said:

i couldnt share any special occasion like that with RD and KM. They dont deserve it. A total boycott would send the biggest message of all time!

Rest assured, they won't get it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Er...yes....
  • Options
    What bigger stage to mount a protest watched by a world wide audience. Its a no brainer from me.
  • Options

What bigger stage to mount a protest watched by a world wide audience. Its a no brainer from me.

I totally understand your point - however, imagine what the rest of the football world would think of us ...'b. hell, they are in the final and STILL protesting, ungrateful bar stewards'
  • Options

I totally understand your point - however, imagine what the rest of the football world would think of us ...'b. hell, they are in the final and STILL protesting, ungrateful bar stewards'
    Yeah but on the other hand if we dont protest the rest of the world will say.

Ah ha... You see they only protested because results werent going their way, now they're winning they're happy with this owner.

If we protest when we're winning then the rest of the Footballing world might wake up and realise how bad RD / KM are
  • Options
    25K Charlton fans then?
  • Options
    for us to be in that scenario he would of had to invest heavily in the sqaud and put a decent management team in place so yes i would go.
  • Options
    The thing is, if the owner had invested properly in team and management we probably would be having fair to middling results and there wouldn't be any protests.

If he had invested properly in team and management but we had struggled and maybe even gone down, again I think there may not be owner directed wrath - more at the playing staff.

But he hasn't. He has thrown money away on poor players and put a sociopath in charge of the club which have lead to appalling performance (on and off the field) hence the protests.

Would I go to Wembley? Yes, but with this lot in charge it's about as likely as me winning the Nobel prize for literature (and I'd still protest when I was there if the off field performance hadn't matched the extremely unlikely upturn in results).
  • Options
    CatAddick said:

The thing is, if the owner had invested properly in team and management we probably would be having fair to middling results and there wouldn't be any protests.

If he had invested properly in team and management but we had struggled and maybe even gone down, again I think there may not be owner directed wrath - more at the playing staff.

But he hasn't. He has thrown money away on poor players and put a sociopath in charge of the club which have lead to appalling performance (on and off the field) hence the protests.

Would I go to Wembley? Yes, but with this lot in charge it's about as likely as me winning the Nobel prize for literature (and I'd still protest when I was there if the off field performance hadn't matched the extremely unlikely upturn in results).

I'd just like to be the first to congratulate you.

• Options
    It's a pointless question as the majority of us won't be allowed to go as we'll still be serving banning orders from throwing balloons on the pitch at the Burnley game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CatAddick said:

I'd just like to be the first to congratulate you.

If I do, expect a million quids worth of pitch detritus to be available for the Burnley game paid for by the prize money.
  • Options
    Support the team not the regime.

It would have to be a yes!
  • Options
    The more pertinent question is surely whether Roland would bother turning up if we were in the play-off final at Wembley? Or would he just make an appearance there on the Tuesday before the game and then go home?
  • Options
    Obviously I would go, not like we're gonna get another chance to go Wembley in the next couple million centuries
  • Options
    Must qualify as one of the most hypothetical questions ever.
  • Options
    Yes I'd go. Two of my dreams are to see Charlton play at Wembley and to follow Charlton in Europe (lol).

If one of those happened, nothing no matter what would stop me from going and enjoying the day!

Also will never happen with Roly in charge.
  • Options
    sm said:

Must qualify as one of the most hypothetical questions ever.

I think "Will RD hire an actual manager?" could beat this....
  • Options
    How can we get the arch on the pitch?
  • Options
    The Play Off Final wouldn't give Roly any money so yes from me.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    If I built a rocket, would any of you be willing to fly in it to the moon? Sorry, I thought I'd try asking a less ridiculous question!