Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Patrick Bauer out for rest of season

Central defender, Patrick Bauer, will not play again this season. The popular German made an instant impact at The Valley and quickly became a crowd favourite.

Bauer picked up an injury at Burnley just before Christmas, and has not played a first team game since.

The German played 45 minutes for the Under-21s against Nottingham Forest at the beginning of the month, but has had problems with his ankle recently.

Bauer picked up red cards in the games at Reading and Brighton but, suspensions apart, he was an ever present in the league.

Bauer made 18 league appearances, scoring once when he netted the equaliser against Rotherham at The Valley in September.

The German will doubtless be working on his fitness during the summer, to ensure he is in top shape when he reports back for pre-season training.

Information from Ketts at Dr Kish

Comments

• Pointless rushing him back now, especially as we have plenty of CBs at the moment
  • never a league 1 defender, when scp came along i never thought we would be a league 1 club again or at least not for a while,
  • What are we going to do?!?! And there was me thinking we'd make a late surge and finish 1 point behind MKD.
  • Another triumph for the stellar medical and fitness set-up which has clearly already been set up for League One for a while now.
  • Being selfish, it probably means it's less likely that someone will come in for him in the summer which is good thing.

That's not to say we won't just give him away ala Morrison.
  • don't know why we didn't contact the NHS call centre to have got this sorted a lot quicker.
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Being selfish, it probably means it's less likely that someone will come in for him in the summer which is good thing.

Nah, it just means that Bauer ( and Kashi) will be completely over their injuries by the time we sell them in June!
  • se9addick said:

Being selfish, it probably means it's less likely that someone will come in for him in the summer which is good thing.

What it means is they are trying to ensure he doesn't get injured during a game.
  • edited April 2016
    Our beloved CEO, is as you read this starting to negotiate the best deal for the player and Charlton.
  • No worries we still have Johnson and Sarr
  • This is the biggest surprise since the Spanners last jammy late winner against us... next season.
  • Rest of the season? our season finished many weeks ago.
  • Rest of the season? our season finished many weeks ago.

not according to Mandy...crucial survival games coming up
  • Appearance clause in his contract obviously.
  • Bauer and Kashi were probably our best signings of the summer. How many games did they manage?

Not at all knocking them, but it just underlines how awful our recruitment policy has been with regards to squad depth. Call me deluded, but I think if we had managed to have a miracle season with no injuries then we could've potentially been challenging for top 6 with a rather solid defence and some decent options up front - a fit Vetokele, a pacy Lookman, a tricky Watt and Makienok as a bit of a battering ram.

Unfortunately our owners don't seem to grasp the concept of sports players acquiring injuries, despite the fact we're in a network with several other clubs who play the same sport. Astounding.
  • Deluded LR
  • Sponsored links:

• LuckyReds said:

Bauer and Kashi were probably our best signings of the summer. How many games did they manage?

Not at all knocking them, but it just underlines how awful our recruitment policy has been with regards to squad depth. Call me deluded, but I think if we had managed to have a miracle season with no injuries then we could've potentially been challenging for top 6 with a rather solid defence and some decent options up front - a fit Vetokele, a pacy Lookman, a tricky Watt and Makienok as a bit of a battering ram.

Unfortunately our owners don't seem to grasp the concept of sports players acquiring injuries, despite the fact we're in a network with several other clubs who play the same sport. Astounding.

Are injuries luck or down to player management?

Leicester have had remarkably few injuries. I remember back in winter people were saying once Mahrez, Morgan or Vardy got injured but it never happened other than short absences

If Man City had kept Kompany and Ageuro fit for the whole season, they would be right up there with Leicester now, Aguero especially is that good
  • LuckyReds said:

Bauer and Kashi were probably our best signings of the summer. How many games did they manage?

Roland might be willing to pay for 11 good players but he won't pay top dollar for backup. He sees it as money wasted on an unproductive asset (like a big box of expensive electronics components sat in a dusty storeroom doing nothing)
  • Missed It said:

LuckyReds said:

Roland might be willing to pay for 11 good players but he won't pay top dollar for backup. He sees it as money wasted on an unproductive asset (like a big box of expensive electronics components sat in a dusty storeroom doing nothing)
    Ah, of course! How could I forget the legendary "More than 11 players is bad for morale as they can't all play at once." excuse.
  • LuckyReds said:

Leicester have had remarkably few injuries. I remember back in winter people were saying once Mahrez, Morgan or Vardy got injured but it never happened other than short absences

If Man City had kept Kompany and Ageuro fit for the whole season, they would be right up there with Leicester now, Aguero especially is that good
    Most likely a bit of both to be honest.

I think Leicester has most likely had both some luck combined with some real quality back-room staff ensuring that the players are training correctly and are treated correctly.

Unfortunately we've been unlucky to an extent, but with the way certain injuries have been managed (i.e Vetokele) there has to be some serious questions asked about the quality of care our players have been receiving. Plus, having 3 different managers (presumably with differing coaching styles) can't have been very healthy.
  • What was his original injury? It didn't seem that serious at the time.
  • LuckyReds said:

LuckyReds said:

Most likely a bit of both to be honest.

I think Leicester has most likely had both some luck combined with some real quality back-room staff ensuring that the players are training correctly and are treated correctly.

Unfortunately we've been unlucky to an extent, but with the way certain injuries have been managed (i.e Vetokele) there has to be some serious questions asked about the quality of care our players have been receiving. Plus, having 3 different managers (presumably with differing coaching styles) can't have been very healthy.
    Agree it's a combination. Something that should be noted is that Leicester, unlike say, City, don't have European games and had 5 days off between most games. That certainly plays a big role.

I've also wondered aloud on more than one occasion just how fit the players were coming out of pre-season. A lot of them seemed to be really flagging before Riga came in and started two-a-day training sessions. But if the squad wasn't adequately prepared causing fatigue, it certainly increases the risk of injury.

All that said, there is no foolproof way to prevent injuries like Achilles and groin (Igor, Bauer, Kashi) problems. They're serious injuries and they take a while to recover from. Sometimes it is down to bad dumb luck.
  • Shame he's suffered from injury as thought he was superb in first half of the season. My understanding is that he'll be playing in the Championship next season
  • Crispy said:

Shame he's suffered from injury as thought he was superb in first half of the season. My understanding is that he'll be playing in the Championship next season

Source?