Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Ath v Dartford|Kent Senior Cup Final|26 April 2016|Pre-match views and match thread

Comments

• edited April 2016
    1-1 huge cock up by their keeper.
  • 1-1. Mistake by the dartford keeper. Aribo with the tap in.
  • 1-1 HT awful game
  • HT | @dartfordfc 1 Charlton 1. A tight first half ends with a goal apiece at Princes Park. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 46' The second half is under way.
    #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 54' Tonight's attendance is 1,005. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 62' SUB: Edwards is replaced by Charles-Cook. #cafc #CAFCLive
    64' Following the sub, Dijksteel has moved to centre-back, Staunton to right-back and Barnes to left-back. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 65' Charles-Cook takes up his favoured position in centre midfield. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 2-1 Dartford. Free header from a corner
  • Sponsored links:

• 75' Goal. Dartford bundle it in. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • 3-1 Dartford. Goal from a ball over the top
  • 79' Goal. Dartford score a third on the break. 3-1. #cafc #CAFCLive
  • So difficult to retain the cup.
  • Nothing is going right for us. :disappointed:
  • Remind me what league Dartford are in?
  • FT 3-1. Deserved win on the 2nd half performance.
  • Fook, not good for our League One title hunt when our future XI is getting smashed by Dartford.
  • Let's hope viewfinder was there.

Tough luck guys, you cant win them all.

• That is a real surprise. Very poor.
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely freezing. Terrible performance. Left at 3-1. The worry is 4-5 of those will be in or around the first team next season. I don't think I've ever seen a goalkeeper kick as poorly as Mitov. Nice to see they have taken lessons in defending corners from the first team.
  • Only Kennedy, Staunton and Thomas can come away with credit. Although Kennedy disappeared 2nd half and Charles-Cook looked assured.

Nervy first half, all The Darts in the 2nd.

Cold...sooooooooo very cold.
  • Hanlon looked a handful

We tried to take a few too many touches. I expected superior fitness and pace to be telling but we ended the game pretty ragged.

Once again I wasn't impressed with Mitov. Far too flappy and his kicking was shocking tonight

Disappointing after a great season for them though

• Not a great game for us... A shame for the lads.
  • edited April 2016
    Probably worth noting they played a game last night with Barnes, Staunton, Konsa, Obileye, Dijksteel, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant, Kennedy, L'Ghoul, and Hanlan all featuring.
  • edited April 2016
    Was there. Poor game. As mentioned by swisdom, we were taking too many touches, hardly any shots, poor final balls. Youthfulness and fitness was not an advantage. Outplayed by a bunch of part time lumps.

Mitovs kicking awful. Not sure why Euell failed to bring on KAG.

If that team are an indication of next season....we will end up in Div 2.
  • Mitov's kicking awful? But he scored the longest goal ever!
  • SDAddick said:

Probably worth noting they played a game last night with Barnes, Staunton, Konsa, Obileye, Dijksteel, Aribo, Ahearne-Grant, Kennedy, L'Ghoul, and Hanlan all featuring.

That was last Friday actually SD.
  • Interesting evening although mainly decided by incompetent keeping. Fairly even first half 1-1 with both goals following goalkeeping howlers. We were definitely getting the better of the second half; until Darts got a corner, Mitov went AWOL flapping and in no mans land. Darts third goal was quite decent although our central defence was sliced open.
    Mitov was quite embarrassing, despite his terrible attempts with crosses it was better than his kicking.

Stand out player was definitely Kennedy. Although he faded. This coincided with arrival of Charles Cook, so this probably affected his influence.

Surprised not to see KAG involved. Also no sign of Lapslie who I was very impressed with at Ebbsfleet.

The truth is none of these players will be anywhere near ready for first team next year.