Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adrian Durham has his say

edited April 2016 in General Charlton
'I support the Charlton fan protests but hope they back off on the final day for football's sake' - the Adrian Durham view
image: http://talksport.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/201604/gettyimages-523454694.jpg?itok=MRtlxXDe

Charlton Athletic news
Charlton are down but the fans are fighting for their club

By Adrian Durham - @talkSPORTDrive
Monday, April 25, 2016

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/i-support-charlton-fan-protests-hope-they-back-final-day-footballs-sake-adrian-durham-view#C6vKipFBLI1Qu2Bk.99

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

His.

I have absolutely no idea how OP can not notice that glaring spelling error.

It's like trying to type the word 'Charlton' and acidentally writing 'ejbfiwbjhgbrngsugjkdngib'
  • Options
    I hope the protests ramp up - for football's sake.

I'm sure that if Brighton were prepared that Burnley will be also.
  • Options
    Stig said:

His.

I was wondering what he is say meant.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    Interesting - I wonder if the football world, which has been hugely supportive so far, will take a dim view of us seriously disrupting the excitement of the final day of the season ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

se9addick said:

Interesting - I wonder if the football world, which has been hugely supportive so far, will take a dim view of us seriously disrupting the excitement of the final day of the season ?

Who the hell cares?? Our fight is much more important than the excitement arising from a promotion battle.
    If our game is disrupted there is nothing stopping the League from delaying the starts of the second halves of the other games that matter.
    Sorry - not sure if I made my point clearly, I don't care about the promotion race but the rest of England will. The press have been almost entirely supportive of us so far, the response has been incredible, I just wonder if that support would be tempered a bit if something big happens (game abandoned etc) against Burnley.
  • Options
    Hopefully Burnley will be up by then and it will be academic with the promotion interest being centered at the Riverside. Really don't think we should all be good sporting chaps when the very future of our club is at stake, can't think of many other clubs who would be like that.
  • Options
    think this 1 match being labled the future of our club is a bit dramatic, if rd wants to sell he will if he doesnt hes a stubborn fucker so he wont.
  • Options

think this 1 match being labled the future of our club is a bit dramatic, if rd wants to sell he will if he doesnt hes a stubborn fucker so he wont.

£500,000 fines he won't enjoy though. Especially just before he does the maths and spreadsheets for the upcoming season, it's a big game... he's lying if he doesn't care what happens on it as it will hurt him.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Who the hell cares?? Our fight is much more important than the excitement arising from a promotion battle.
    If our game is disrupted there is nothing stopping the League from delaying the starts of the second halves of the other games that matter.
    It might be to us, but not to the wider football world.
  • Options
    Adrian, start a talksport campaign for the match to be played behind closed doors.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Sorry - not sure if I made my point clearly, I don't care about the promotion race but the rest of England will. The press have been almost entirely supportive of us so far, the response has been incredible, I just wonder if that support would be tempered a bit if something big happens (game abandoned etc) against Burnley.
    I can imagine the Burnley fans getting involved if we stopped the match with 5 minutes to go, when they were comfortably ahead and heading for promotion/the title.
  • Options

se9addick said:

It might be to us, but not to the wider football world.
    Why should we worry about the wider football world? It's our last proper chance this season to ram the message home to RD. He may continue to ignore us, who knows, but at least we are doing something and not just accepting things the way they currently are. There's always the possibility that whatever we do at the Burnley could be the straw that breaks Roland's back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Most of the football world is only bothered about the over hyped Premiership and the inflated sums involved - they generally don't give a flying f*** about anything else.
    Worst case scenario is the game gets replayed - hardly the end of the world.
    FA won't investigate RD or any other appalling owner because they don't care.
  • Options

Most of the football world is only bothered about the over hyped Premiership and the inflated sums involved - they generally don't give a flying f*** about anything else.

But this isn't some minor game. If the game is replayed with Burnley knowing they need a 2-0 win to get promotion, that's unfair on Boro and/or Brighton, who will have played already

Imagine if were Brighton in that situation
  • Options

But this isn't some minor game. If the game is replayed with Burnley knowing they need a 2-0 win to get promotion, that's unfair on Boro and/or Brighton, who will have played already

Imagine if were Brighton in that situation
    Burnley only need one win to go up, regardless of goal difference. They'll get that before they arrive at our place.

I think we should avoid getting the game abandoned, but merry abandon during the game is fair enough - especially as Brighton and Boro both had to put up with it.
  • Options
    It would make it interesting if our game was delayed by say 10-15 minutes so Burnley know exactly what result they need to achieve. When you add the time for us always kicking off after everyone else and that could be almost a half an hour advantage!
  • Options
    cafcfan said:

"I can’t help thinking it’s not fair to disrupt opponents in that way"

Fair? Fecking fair? What do you think this is you dimwit, a fecking junior school playground?

Because we want the rest of football to be on our side, our issues aren't with Burnley, Brighton or Boro.

Imagine if missed promotion to the PL in 2000 due to disruptions caused by Coventry or Leeds fans