Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How long before RD goes?

2»

Comments

• Matt Wright and I do media for CARD. Matt's in Bangladesh at present - but still managed to put together some content yesterday. I'm only aware second hand of what's been going on in Belgium. We'd have been happy to help if asked.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

J BLOCK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well Belgium is the way to go - he really doesn't like us being there! it was obvious this time! but without CARD and other Big hitters helping us it is a futile fight!

The protest fund helped us with costs but CARD could have helped us by mentioning the joint protest in all the Brighton protest media statements.

I dont know why they didn't?

Lets put this in context - we got STVV to protest with us - we got into the stadium again and displayed the banner in front of live TV and national media!

We flyered Rolands flat - Katriens house - and her parents house!

And even local papers back here haven't reported it!

Yet 8 people turning up to the valley last Thursday was in the SLP and news shopper!

I just dont understand why?

What happened to make it obvious this time?
    We walked into the bar across from the stadium and were immediately spoken to by plane clothes police officers. we were also told we weren't allowed to hand out leaflets by order of the Mayor.

Roland also went fecking mental when he went to his penthouse after the last time and got letters of complaints from his neighbors. He released the "statement" that night.

We also have contacts all over the place in Belgium that have stated he is worried the protests will spread to other clubs.

i think it is safe to say he doesn't like us being there :smiley:
    Good Man
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

J BLOCK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Well Belgium is the way to go - he really doesn't like us being there! it was obvious this time! but without CARD and other Big hitters helping us it is a futile fight!

The protest fund helped us with costs but CARD could have helped us by mentioning the joint protest in all the Brighton protest media statements.

Lets put this in context - we got STVV to protest with us - we got into the stadium again and displayed the banner in front of live TV and national media!

Yet 8 people turning up to the valley last Thursday was in the SLP and news shopper!

We walked into the bar across from the stadium and were immediately spoken to by plane clothes police officers. we were also told we weren't allowed to hand out leaflets by order of the Mayor.

Roland also went fecking mental when he went to his penthouse after the last time and got letters of complaints from his neighbors. He released the "statement" that night.

We also have contacts all over the place in Belgium that have stated he is worried the protests will spread to other clubs.

Belgium doesn't sound like a very nice place. A local millionaire can bend the mayor and police force to his will and suppress free speech and protest? That is the thin end of a disturbingly unpleasant wedge.

Is this why STTV fans seem so circumspect about protesting?
  • Missed It said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

J BLOCK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Belgium doesn't sound like a very nice place. A local millionaire can bend the mayor and police force to his will and suppress free speech and protest? That is the thin end of a disturbingly unpleasant wedge.

Is this why STTV fans seem so circumspect about protesting?
    Roland seems to have learned that trick from Donald Trump.
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

J BLOCK said:

C4FC4L1f3 said:

Clearly, if the thing that gets to Roland is this turning up on his doorstep then that's the way forward. Same as always, not rude/abusive or threatening. Just aimed to embarrass him, He won't engage with us on his rare London visits to what's the alternative. Same with Meire. And now Murray. They should not be given a three-month summer break!
  • C4FC4L1f3 said:

To be clear here - we did reach out before during and after. Same with the media we notified SLP and NS and the main news papers before during and after - just doesn't seem to be of interest anymore - and that's the point i'm trying to make.

Without the clout and backing of CARD it seems the media aren't interested. we got loads of interest in Belgium which was the main aim.

Also no one that went wants any thanks or glory or any of that shite, we just want as many people as possible to know that we went and done it.

And that, I fear, is the problem. You, personally, seem desperate to draw attention to yourself. I think your open calls for fans to break the law over the pitch invasion will have made several print outlets concerned in getting involved with you, and the arrests, and the fact that the 20 have come across as being proud if it will also make Editors less inclined to send their journalists.

With all due respect you displayed a banner in a football stadium. Why would the press be interested in allocating column inches to that when it has been done several times at The Valley already? What do you think it would have cost them to send someone over to cover that? There is nothing stopping you from writing a blog yourself - or putting an article up on hear. In that event some of it might be copied and pasted into the local paper's websites - assuming it's written well enough.

I also think you are grasping at straws and dissuading the press from indulging you when you publicly announce that you dropped flyers in KM's parent's house. In my view, if there is a line, you crossed it by doing that.

I think the pressure you are putting on RD in Belgium has a value, I just think you believe the value is higher than others do.

Sorry!
    Have to disagree i thinķ roly feels safe in Belgium and these trips to his homeland is annoying him a great deal
  • Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but what is the plan for CARD?? If they are encouraging people not to buy season tickets next season... then how will we ramp up the protests with nobody there?
  • Personally I believe they will still be here next season and will make a ham-fisted attempt to get us promoted. Once they balls it up and he realises the vast sums of money he is going to need to keep putting in to keep the club afloat, he will cut his losses and sell up.
  • I think the blokes ego will get in the way of him selling up , he'll think we can get straight out of league 1, and try and con the fans into thinking we can do it at the first attempt.