Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

T20 at Olympic Stadium

Whilst waiting for the Eurotunnel to get its backside in gear yesterday in order that we could back to the safety of blighty, I noticed an article in the Sunday Times saying that Essex are looking to play Friday night 20/20 games at the Olympic stadium for a period of 1 month.

This would be fantastic !
We could rip up the seats when Kent play.

Comments

• Options
    As a 20% tax payer you'd be entitled to take at least one seat home with you.
  • Options

Whilst waiting for the Eurotunnel to get its backside in gear yesterday in order that we could back to the safety of blighty, I noticed an article in the Sunday Times saying that Essex are looking to play Friday night 20/20 games at the Olympic stadium for a period of 1 month.

This would be fantastic !
    We could rip up the seats when Kent Surrey play.

Fixed it for me.
  • Options
    Unless west ham qualify for the Europa League, then they'll only be time for 1 or 2 weeks as West Ham will need it in late July.
  • Options
    Article I think was in the times yesterday. West ham are happy for it, so is Newham council. A drop in pitch will cost 500k apparently.

I hope it happens as it will give Essex a boost if the T20 gets changed to franchises.
  • Options
    I saw the article as well. The World Athletics is in 2017, so it would be 2018 at the earliest. It would need a pretty quick turnaround to get the grass ready for the start of the football season though
  • Options
    And time to create a cheaper drop-in pitch.