Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Three or four good reasons to attend the Player of the Year dinner

2»

Comments

• Is there a student discount?! £37 seems a little steep for me. (Plus travel)

Err, no, canters.

I'm paying full price for our 2 eldest grandkids , both under 12 so def no concessions for students, I'm afraid.

As others have stated , we are totally constrained re costs per head by DNC and will probably make a loss on this season's event.

Of course, we could always make the awards out of paper mache to save a few bob....

• I guarantee that she won't wont turn up. She is too much of a coward
  • boogica said:

Players should walk out in protest or better still don't turn up its that simple .

I would love to see some genuine player protest, perhaps all walk out for the Burnley match wearing black and white scarves. Sadly, I don't think it will ever happen. It's gonna have to be us fans doing the protesting.
  • If KM doesn't turn up, could get a bit interesting as the players may reveal more about her interesting choices than they would be prepared to do otherwise.

A mutinous ship can only really be solved by removing (and court martialling) the captain and probably the first mate.

In this context, thats Katrien and Tony.

Given our close naval heritage we could perhaps consider keelhauling as an appropriate punishment.

Err, no, canters.

I'm paying full price for our 2 eldest grandkids , both under 12 so def no concessions for students, I'm afraid.

As others have stated , we are totally constrained re costs per head by DNC and will probably make a loss on this season's event.

Of course, we could always make the awards out of paper mache to save a few bob....

Sorry that was a bit tongue in cheek. I'm not expecting a discount.

Hadn't really considered these in previous years. Or this year until after the sponsors dinner. And also that it may be the last opportunity to see some players that mean a lot to me. Solly etc.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it but will make a decision by Wednesday. What time does it usually end? Will need to get the train home.
  • There are trains over the bank holiday weekend?
  • cabbles said:

The best reason to attend would be to show support for the organisers efforts

Naaaaa.

The best reason is to pour a pint down Katrien while she tucks into her meal.

Actually, waste of a pint - tap water.

Err, no, canters.

Hadn't really considered these in previous years. Or this year until after the sponsors dinner. And also that it may be the last opportunity to see some players that mean a lot to me. Solly etc.

Not sure if I'll be able to make it but will make a decision by Wednesday. What time does it usually end? Will need to get the train home.
    You are at liberty to leave whenever you wish, canters....

The dinner usually ends around 10-10.30 once all the players/management have taken their leave .

Where is "home", canters ?

Just thinking we might have others driving from whatever is your area.

• Sponsored links:

Err, no, canters.

The dinner usually ends around 10-10.30 once all the players/management have taken their leave .

Rhetorical one, Fanny? Canters is young slang for Canterbury, obv!

;- )

Err, no, canters.

;- )
    If I know Canters, and I think we all do. He went to uni in Canterbury and is no longer based there
  • Ben18 said:

Is there a student discount?! £37 seems a little steep for me. (Plus travel)

Err, no, canters.

;- )
    If I know Canters, and I think we all do. He went to uni in Canterbury and is no longer based there
    That's what I thought, Ben.

No-one likes a clever dick, AA....

:smiley:

• If I went I'd only get lumbered on a table with Naby Sarr anyway.....

I could arrange that for you, CJLC...