Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Boycott Burnley

We must all not attend. This will be the ultimate message. We have nothing to lose.

Comments

• Not going to happen.
  • Katrien Meire likes this.
  • I think the boycotts are being saved for next season.
  • This thread is, unfortunately, the reason why a boycott would never work. For what it's worth I think it would send a really compelling message but there's just too many conflicting perspectives to make it happen.
  • Nothing would set a more telling message than a empty ground.
  • A full house then all leaving after an hour to the chant of We Want Roland Out would get max exposure as Burnleywill be promoted.
  • Sponsored links:

• No point. Hardly shocking to see a half empty stadium for a team that's already relegated. Much rather give the Football League and Roland a massive headache by making as hostile as possible, and disrupting it. Great chance for lots of major media coverage as its set to be a massive game.
  • I'm going might be last visit to the valley for a long time.
  • edited April 2016
    redman said:

no we need lots there. Total disruption. Total anarchy. I don't see how an empty stadium saves our club. Disruption, and extra costs for the rat might do.

I'm in.
  • Needs a full house and massive disruption - media coverage has to be ramped up. Might be the last game for a lot of people so it could be a farewell to Charlton Athletic in its current form.
    At least it will embarrass the FA who genuinely don't give a stuff about the fans or the way the club is run.
    Nothing to lose ......
  • Needs a full house and massive disruption - media coverage has to be ramped up. Might be the last game for a lot of people so it could be a farewell to Charlton Athletic in its current form.
    At least it will embarrass the FA who genuinely don't give a stuff about the fans or the way the club is run.
    Nothing to lose ......

This, it'd be my last game under this regime and there's no guarantee that I will be seeing the group of fellow supporters who've been sitting nearby for the past 20 odd years again as most of us aren't renewing, so would be scattered all over when back.

I'm going to be there for the Burnley game to have a proper farewell do!
  • Sorry pal but he will!! Richard Murray is there to be seen in his true colours!
  • The brilliant demonstration in front of the directors box is the sort of thing that can only be done if we're there against Burnley
  • edited April 2016

Halix said:

Nothing would set a more telling message than a empty ground.

No, nothing would set a more telling message than ruining the Football League's last day and having our game and the Championship decider finishing half an hour later than everyone else.

That's not going to happen with an empty stadium.
    I meant that it would send a stronger message to KM, RD and RM having an empty stadium and no catering sales, rather than how it would look to the general media. however saying that photographs of empty stands would still be effective in the press regardless of the attendance announced by KM.
  • Sponsored links:

• No way to a boycott. As Redman says above "Total disruption. Total anarchy."

I hope as many Charlton supporters as possible will come along and participate.

Now boycotting the first game of NEXT season if squirrel face and Douchbag are still here is a different matter......
  • Me and 5 others coming out of retirement for this one
  • J BLOCK said:

Me and 5 others coming out of retirement for this one

Top man :wink: .