Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Riga says communication from Charlton hierarchy is not enough - and that action is needed

2»

Comments

• stonemuse said:

se9addick said:

I think he's gone, isn't he ?

I think he sounds disapointed by what's being said by Duchatelet and agree I think will leave.

If Lennie comes in as a DoF then I think we can expect our next head coach will be Dougie Freidman. I'm not sure he would be my first choice but an improvement on the dross we've had and does know British football. Whether either LL or DF could work under the restraints we have currently is another matter.

Can't see Freedman or Lennie putting up with the interference from Daisy and Roland, so probably unlikely.
    Not what I've heard.

Interesting, tell more ...even if a rumour
  • edited April 2016
    Freedman?? Is this the ultimate Palace agent joke?
    Not content with Dowie starting the ball rolling and Pardew ruining what little good remained, we now have the prospect of a Palace icon overseeing our free fall to oblivion whilst the Palace faithfull laugh our shalala's back down our fecking throat.
    Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse
  • iamdan said:

Fuck Roland
    Fuck Katrien
    Fuck Riga
    FUCK OFF

And f*** Murray.
  • se9addick said:

I think he sounds disapointed by what's being said by Duchatelet and agree I think will leave.

If Lennie comes in as a DoF then I think we can expect our next head coach will be Dougie Freidman. I'm not sure he would be my first choice but an improvement on the dross we've had and does know British football. Whether either LL or DF could work under the restraints we have currently is another matter.

F*** having Freedman here, I'd rather have another Belgian.
  • I don't care who they get in because you know they will have one hand tied behind their back. They could snatch Pep Guardiola from Man City and I still would not trust the owner to keep his nose out of matters on the field.
  • This was the best line for me:

“You see Bournemouth started in League One and are growing and growing with many smart decisions through effective recruitment and stability - it’s certainly the way going forward. The same has to be done here.”

Straight from the horses mouth that our recruitment has not good enough and that their decisions are dodgy. Time to go RD & KM!
  • edited April 2016
    If its true that Solly was dropped from the squad for speaking out against the attempt to loan him to Gillingham then this proves that Riga is just a regime stooge and worthy of zero respect from me.
  • Stig said:

This was the best line for me:

“You see Bournemouth started in League One and are growing and growing with many smart decisions through effective recruitment and stability - it’s certainly the way going forward. The same has to be done here.”

Straight from the horses mouth that our recruitment has not good enough and that their decisions are dodgy. Time to go RD & KM!

So you're saying Meire looks like a horse now...................
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Large parts of the fan base will never accept Freedman as manager. The Palace connection would obviously be a big sticking point, but I would also argue that he has done little in management to suggest he would be able to get us promoted from League One.
    But I'd rather have him than another network joker
  • Stig said:

Kermorgant signed for a low six figure sum is a good example of their effective recruitment
  • HaHa.........good old Jose. He will be 'down the road soon then!'

What next from our beloved club????????sooooooooooo sad.
  • That'a a clever interview by Riga. He doesn't blatantly accuse RD and KM of doing things wrong, but by stating what's needed he's implying those things haven't happened, thereby damning the comedy duo.
  • Oakster said:

Stig said:

This is never going to happen while Riga and the rest of the Belgians are here though - only way we can do a Bournemouth is to get back to basics with new owners and a proper coaching set up.

Eddie Howe stepped up from the squad after 250+ appearances and into a managerial role - the rest is history.

I can see a similar role for Jackson.

And You will need a Russian millionaire on the board financing it, as at Bournemouth.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Oakster said:

Stig said:

This is never going to happen while Riga and the rest of the Belgians are here though - only way we can do a Bournemouth is to get back to basics with new owners and a proper coaching set up.

Eddie Howe stepped up from the squad after 250+ appearances and into a managerial role - the rest is history.

I can see a similar role for Jackson.

And You will need a Russian millionaire on the board financing it, as at Bournemouth.
    I don't think we're that picky.

I know I could live with it being someone like Bill Gates...
  • He could have said 'It is unfortunate, in my negotiations this time I attempted to obtain some independence over signings and the staff I could play. I believed I had a deal that could work.

Unfortunately, I was wrong. although I had more influence over signings than before, ultimately Roland himself or through his agents prevented me from some key hires, and restricted the players available.

I hoped to be able to deal with this but ultimately I could not and we were relegated.

I apologise to the fans for taking the position knowing that this could be an outcome, genuinely though I felt it was possible and I believe I was the best person available to work for the club given how anyone would have been subjected to this and yet I felt I could get more concessions than others.

I still have a great affinity for Charlton, my contract contains a no disclosure clause so I cannot say any more now but I have always enjoyed the fans of Charlton and their support for the team even during difficult times and where many of the coaching and playing staff agree with the sentiments expressed.

I cannot work with these idiots any more and have decided to leave with immediate effect.

Wish you well and hope to be involved with the club in happier times after the current issues are resolved.

Thanks for your support

Jose Riga
  • Riga now a dead man walking
  • He looked like he was close to tears in his post match interview. I'm sure he knows its the end.
  • Can anyone name an employee on the football side that you could say the regime has treated well?
    Steve Avory maybe? Diego Poyet? Joe Gomez? Young players granted unrealistic contracts?
    Any others?
    I look at this latest Solly, Jacko, and Henderson stuff, and that Phil Chappell employment was allowed to wither on the vine (one of the most significant features that defines this regime), and that Damian Matthew laboured under a six month rolling contract?
    I really can't think who connected with the football side of this club has actually benefited being under this regime.
    Yeah I know they get paid but in terms of anybody's advancement within the sport we have had a lot of people pass through under this lot, how many have advanced?
    There are plenty who seem to have suffered as sportsmen.
  • Sponsored links:

• You have your finger on the pulse Seth, I heard a rumour that Phil had been interviewed for the Head of Recruitment role. Would be bizarre but?
  • If they hire Lennie and Freedman, I'll eat my phone.
  • seth plum said:

Can anyone name an employee on the football side that you could say the regime has treated well?
    Steve Avory maybe? Diego Poyet? Joe Gomez? Young players granted unrealistic contracts?
    Any others?
    I look at this latest Solly, Jacko, and Henderson stuff, and that Phil Chappell employment was allowed to wither on the vine (one of the most significant features that defines this regime), and that Damian Matthew laboured under a six month rolling contract?
    I really can't think who connected with the football side of this club has actually benefited being under this regime.
    Yeah I know they get paid but in terms of anybody's advancement within the sport we have had a lot of people pass through under this lot, how many have advanced?
    There are plenty who seem to have suffered as sportsmen.

Quality will tell in the end. Fraeye got a promotion out if it.