Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Good piece. We are usually a mild mannered bunch of fans but the fuse has been lit and you cannot put it out. There is more momentum now than 1985 in my eyes and we will win just as we did then.

They bought the wrong club.
  • Was there a game today?
  • I'm sorry @LouisMend I'm normally a fan of your work but "much-maligned"!
    What ffs is there about anything said about that wanker that has maligned him?
    It's all been true, accurate, deserved and to the point.
    Get editing!
  • @LouisMend is a proper Charlton supporter. Its a good report.
  • edited April 2016
    cafcfan said:

I'm sorry @LouisMend I'm normally a fan of your work but "much-maligned"!
    Get editing!

I always thought it was possible to malign an individual without that being unfair...

I could have lived with "widely detested" instead.
  • edited April 2016

cafcfan said:

Get editing!

I always thought it was possible to malign an individual without that being unfair...

The I could have lived with "widely detested" instead.
    Maybe. But this is what pops up if you google a definition:

adjective. If you describe someone or something as much-maligned, you mean that they are often criticized by people, but you think the criticism is unfair or exaggerated because they have good qualities too.
  • cafcfan said:

cafcfan said:

Get editing!

The I could have lived with "widely detested" instead.
    Maybe. But this is what pops up if you google a definition:

adjective. If you describe someone or something as much-maligned, you mean that they are often criticized by people, but you think the criticism is unfair or exaggerated because they have good qualities too.
    Read it as a verb not an adjective. It's fine and correct.
  • Good report. Sadly, I think all those at the core of the club have long since ceased to listen to anyone outside their inner cabal, whether media, fans or, so it seems after chats at the sponsors' dinner, the players.
  • edited April 2016
    Fucking detested would have been more accurate. Maligned isn't probably the right level of disgust because for me it does have a flavour of the malignee having something to be upset about which I am sure wasn't meant.

Still a very good piece of work though and thanks to LM for keeping on with getting the message out.