Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Scathing commentary on RD and Lerner

Good stuff from Barney Ronay. Has the bit about customers wrongly attributed but the rest is scarily accurate.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2016/apr/22/aston-villa-charlton-athletic-owners-relegated

Comments

• He's a fantastic writer. Will not mention the club he supports.
  • SDAddick said:

He's a fantastic writer. Will not mention the club he supports.

For some reason I always thought he was 'Boro.
  • Very well written and sad reading.
  • SDAddick said:

The poshest Millwall supporter you'll ever hear. He acknowledged it on Football Weekly some years back.
  • Not sure he is right when he says near the end "you get the owners you deserve" what have we done to deserve out useless twat of an owner?
  • "...dangerous entrepreneurial uber-capitalist with some funny ideas".
    Quite. And it's not us who are laughing.
    As I wrote on another thread on Tuesday night: Money-man brings misery to thousands.
  • edited April 2016
    Read this earlier and picked up on the couple of inaccurate attributions, but otherwise an excellent and sad piece.

Can't believe he's a spanner though!! The Guardian and writing big words!!! :wink:
  • Great read
  • I like this piece...

'the wretched Roland Duchâtelet'
  • Sponsored links:

• SDAddick said:

TelMc32 said:

Read this earlier and picked up on the couple of inaccurate attributions, but otherwise and excellent and sad piece.

Can't believe he's a spanner though!! The Guardian and writing big words!!! :wink:

His son used to play cricket for Lewisham District and trialed for Kent U11s last year. He wrote a passionate article about the demise of Lewisham as a centre for cricket but, again, he allowed his beliefs to get a little in the way of the facts.
  • SDAddick said:

TelMc32 said:

Read this earlier and picked up on the couple of inaccurate attributions, but otherwise and excellent and sad piece.

His son used to play cricket for Lewisham District and trialed for Kent U11s last year. He wrote a passionate article about the demise of Lewisham as a centre for cricket but, again, he allowed his beliefs to get a little in the way of the facts.
    That never happens here though.
  • timken said:

Not sure he is right when he says near the end "you get the owners you deserve" what have we done to deserve out useless twat of an owner?

I think he meant in football generally rather than us.
  • Superb article