Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• 'The current braying-donkey regime, with its cast of pressed men and passers-by has won 18 of 70 matches played.'

pardon my language but fuck me is that actually right? I know things have been bad but that is atrocious.
  • This isn't actually right:

'The home defeat by Bolton last weekend brought huge protests outside the ground'
  • What the Guardian wrong you say !!
  • Stig said:

This isn't actually right:

'The home defeat by Bolton last weekend brought huge protests outside the ground'

Well it is the Grauniad after all - but good to see more anti-regime articles appearing in the national press
  • yes, timings and details incorrect but sentiment accurate and well observed.
  • edited April 2016
    Always makes me chuckle when I see this argument trotted out:

"Neither set of fans would be complaining if the business model had them higher up the league."

Even by the usual standards of the Graun's spectacularly braindead commenters this line of thought really does not require much critical thinking to understand why it is wrong.

It is a shame the article makes no reference to Meire's appointment, surely currently the least qualified CEO in all of English professional football?
  • Fiiish said:

Always makes me chuckle when I see this argument trotted out:

"Neither set of fans would be complaining if the business model had them higher up the league."

Even by the usual standards of the Graun's spectacularly braindead commenters this line of thought really does not require much critical thinking to understand why it is wrong.

It is a shame the article makes no reference to Meire's appointment, surely currently the least qualified CEO in all of English professional football?

Yes @Fiiish, Arsenal's business model has a league position most would kill for, it's not exempting the fans from complaining though is it.

As for Villa's plight, a couple of Villain friends of mine say that Lerner went through a very costly divorce after which his investment in the club reduced and he's used it as a bit of a cash cow actually. He's a little strange and it's sad to see what Villa have been reduced to but he's nowhere near as hated as RD & KM.