Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Albion Roar podcast

I host a radio show here in Brighton, called The Albion Roar. It goes out weekly (very weekly - arf, arf) on Radio Reverb - a local community radio station, which can be accessed worldwide.

We had a Charlton fan - Rebecca Sandles, on behalf of CharltonCARD - in last week to record a podcast regarding your ongoing nonsense with Douche Shat A Lot. Some of the information has since been superceded, but the nub of the story is there.

You can hear it at www.albionroar.co.uk or via iTunes (search for 'Albion Roar). A lot of what we talk about is stuff you already know; the podcast is mostly aimed at Brighton fans who don't know the exact story - and many have listened in to find out what is going on. We are offering our support before and after the game on Saturday to you guys (but certainly NOT during it...), so have a listen, and let me know what you think.

Comments

• Cheers for this @TLO, both for the reminder (saw this floating around on Twitter but forgot to track it down), but also for your, and your fellow Brighton fans', continued support. It's been really touching seeing all the messages of solidarity going around this week.
  • No problem, chap.

Hope you lot get your stuff sorted as soon as possible.
  • Yeah cheers @TLO
    I can't actually be bovved to look it up and listen myself but if it's a short piece could it get a play on our weak-ly podcast? I expect that @LouisMend might contact you about this in exchange for some of his Des O'Connor mp3's?
  • But for everyone else - it's 44 minutes of what's gone wrong at The Valley, and how rivals fans can unite in getting a(nother) message to the board.

If Louis wants to use any of it, he can help himself - free, gratis and for nothing.
  • TLO said:

I host a radio show here in Brighton, called The Albion Roar. It goes out weekly (very weekly - arf, arf) on Radio Reverb - a local community radio station, which can be accessed worldwide.

We had a Charlton fan - Rebecca Sandles, on behalf of CharltonCARD - in last week to record a podcast regarding your ongoing nonsense with Douche Shat A Lot. Some of the information has since been superceded, but the nub of the story is there.

You can hear it at www.albionroar.co.uk or via iTunes (search for 'Albion Roar). A lot of what we talk about is stuff you already know; the podcast is mostly aimed at Brighton fans who don't know the exact story - and many have listened in to find out what is going on. We are offering our support before and after the game on Saturday to you guys (but certainly NOT during it...), so have a listen, and let me know what you think.

I stumbled across this on Twitter yesterday and listened last night. Great job by @TLO and Rebecca was an exceptional spokesman for CARD.

Rebecca stressed that the demonstrations tomorrow are in no way intended to impact the game itself, so Brighton fans should have nothing to worry about in terms of their team's hunt for promotion. But there was an obvious sense of frustration - on both sides - when the questions turned to the exact format of the protests for Saturday.

I would urge anyone going to - or undecided about going to - the game tomorrow to listen to this. It's a 44 minute, heartfelt exposure of everything that Charlton is suffering right now, presented well, by two eloquent, interesting people. If you can spare 44 minutes between now and tomorrow morning, I would strongly recommend it.

Tomorrow's important. This podcast reminds people exactly why.

• I listened to it all too, thanks for giving us the air time and looking forward to the protests tomorrow.
  • Thanks for the airtime, but is this bird actually a representative of CARD? Inflatable sofa? Katriene Myera?
  • CAFCsayer said:

Thanks for the airtime, but is this bird actually a representative of CARD? Inflatable sofa? Katriene Myera?

Exactly what I wondered. The guy interviewing her seemed to be more aware of things than she did & how exactly did they contact her to appear on this podcast? Shame they didn't invite Airman.

• Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Thanks for the airtime, but is this bird actually a representative of CARD? Inflatable sofa? Katriene Myera?

Exactly what I wondered. The guy interviewing her seemed to be more aware of things than she did & how exactly did they contact her to appear on this podcast? Shame they didn't invite Airman.

Agreed. A nice touch from the Albion roar to do a feature on little old Charlton, but I am currently 10 minutes in and thinking that we could of had a much better informed representative here.

Hoping to be proven wrong in the remainder of the podcast!

• CAFCsayer said:

Agreed. A nice touch from the Albion roar to do a feature on little old Charlton, but I am currently 10 minutes in and thinking that we could of had a much better informed representative here.

Hoping to be proven wrong in the remainder of the podcast!

You're doing live coverage of yourself listening to a recorded podcast?
  • Really enjoyed this, and I thought you brought very good perspective to the whole thing. I think it's good for all involved for CARD to interact more with other fans, and the world outside of CAFC in general as it both helps spread the word and make the message more refined.

I think Rebecca did a very good job. I think she captured the heart of what is wrong, without going into every managerial change and every silly press release and dumb comment from the club because THERE HAVE BEEN A LOT. It's a fine line between showing this man does not know what he's doing, and sounding like you're giving a somewhat esoteric set piece speech.
  • Nice one, Albion Roar. Good interview and you could teach Charlton Live a thing or two about sound levels :wink:
  • There you go @LouisMend, another enemy for ya.
  • SDAddick said:

There you go @LouisMend, another enemy for ya.

Not me, I think Louis is great.
  • Curb_It said:

CAFCsayer said:

Im no feminist but your "is this bird" comment makes the rest of your comment irrelevant.

Pretty sure that it doesn't change the context of the words following it all, so no, it doesn't.
  • Curb_It said:

CAFCsayer said:

Im no feminist but your "is this bird" comment makes the rest of your comment irrelevant.

You're quite right. "Treacle" or "Doris" would've been more acceptable.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

Curb_It said:

CAFCsayer said:

Pretty sure that it doesn't change the context of the words following it all, so no, it doesn't.
    No. But it makes it far easier to ignore.
  • As does the fact that you'd rather focus on making a big deal out of irrelevant, minor inaccuracies at the risk of fracturing our united supporters body to make a rather unimportant point at a time when the more voices against Duchatelet the better.
  • Awesome support by Brighton today @TLO , proper choked my missus up as we walked past the "we're standing with you" parade by the chippy. I had to give my beach balls to a Brighton lad, hope he used them well. Congrats on the 3 points too - made easier it seems by our Dickheads booting the captain and vice captain out of the team for ...talking!
  • TLOTLO
    edited April 2016
    Cheers everyone - much appreciated.

Good luck from here onwards. #FansUnited