Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The strategy for league one

Meire has obviously made a few contract negotiation blunders. Her personal strategy on a proffessional level is to appear weak and desperate. It seems ironic that she uses the word stability in that statement, like she knows what it means.

The thing is, is that If RD really wanted an immediate return to the championship, he could probably pull the strings to make it alot more likely to happen. I suppose that is someone with a normal brain though. I am being painfully positive here. He must be the richest owner of asset value in league one. Don't know for fact but must be up there.

He is going to forcefully make sure the new head coach (Another Roland bitch) will field a team of kids. That's a major cost cut and it puts some good'uns straight in the shop window. Hence the old "We want a head coach that has experience of working with younger players" - Richard Murray bigging up Fraeye.
I believe we will still get some experienced heads....some tripe from another network club. We will probably get le-point back...he can nuture the kids with that experienced football wisdom of his.

The player recruitment plan is just a complete shambles on all levels. Quantity and quality.

To get a decent player to sign on the dotted line for us in league one...expect more get out of jail type clause's. It might be the only way though. What serious half decent footballer from the outside would even look at Charlton as a good club to join? That's a serious concern! The clauses may also define a players lack of motivation in certain areas too.

We do currently have some good players in our squad but I would be shocked if any of them are still here in September. The squad pretty much gets altered from top to bottom every summer even when we are in the same league, let alone going down. We won't be able to retain anyone. Plus any player that wants to stay at Charlton (that doesn't have an emotional connection) is insane.

The good players or ones that are the highest earners will probably more or less all have those relegation free transfer clauses attached....which actually may perhaps benefit Roland as they can just bugger off and not be paid championship wages in league one. The ones out of contract that would be good to keep would be looking at how empty the ground is.....financially...via the budget, it won't give you the same money you have been earning. They obviously won't stay either.

Roland maybe rather excited by how little he can spend on this squad and yet it still achieves mid table - wow. We always have our under 21s to fall back on. Another word for fill the gaps, emergency loan ins, perhaps.

So he under-estimated the championship.......the under-estimation of league one may go...extremely deeper.

So forward thinking...if the Rat doesn't get offered what he wants for the club (which he won't) then he will stay and the experiment will progress further to become some insane science lab of freaks.

I did actually want to start this thread off being positive and thinking carefully for our future, but it just kind of went sour.

It was actually hard to say something where positive forward thinking was involved. What a shame.

Comments

• Our strategy for League one.....and you didn't get this from me, I shall deny all knowledge of it and CL!
    ......RD is going to put a pair of pants on his head, stick two pencils up his nose and pronounce 'wibble' to every question and decision he is asked to make!!

If only he'd been as sensible up to now....
  • Our strategy for League one.....and you didn't get this from me, I shall deny all knowledge of it and CL!
    ......RD is going to put a pair of pants on his head, stick two pencils up his nose and pronounce 'wibble' to every question and decision he is asked to make!!

Rolling with Roland ...
  • If you keep dipping into the youth pool it is sooner or later going to run dry. I very much doubt if there are enough good youngsters coming through to sustain the level of dipping we are currently seeing. What in hell does RD do when he runs out of youth product?
  • There is only one sensible strategy for Roland, and that is to sell up and f*** off!

Sadly I don't that that he contemplate that as an option. Shame.
  • He still hasn't got a strategy in action to replace Powell yet.
  • Only one strategy for me;

Get it out wide and then lump it into the mixer for the big fella at the back stick.
  • Simonsen said:

Only one strategy for me;

Get it out wide and then lump it into the mixer for the big fella at the back stick.

That's worked beautifully with Makienok
  • Don't be daft, we're not planning for relegation...
  • Simonsen said:

Only one strategy for me;

Spread out....
  • Sponsored links:

• Makienok is never the big fella at the back stick, he has his feet wired to the floor for headers, he's the big fella that is best with the ball at feet...
  • This ....... seemed to have worked for the last two years
  • Strategy you ask?

Simple ... smile!
  • Back to basics .. we haven't scored for 4 games .. SOOOOOO .. first thing first .. the coach pins an unfamiliar object onto his whiteboard and says (to whoever is a) on the playing staff and b) listening) .. THIS object is called the GOAL .. got it ? .. THE GOAL