Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Roland you Bar Steward!

Just got home from work to learn from my wife that my 9 year old grandson went to school in tears this morning!

Why is that luv?

''His West Ham supporting mate called for him this morning and then royally took the piss about us getting relegated last night, Freddie in tears!''

Roland you barstard, how could you do this to a 9 year old!

Seriously, I better teach him to man up, there's a lot more downs than ups being a Charlton supporter!

Comments

• These are the things that toughened us all up as we got older.
  • I hope you told your son to go into school tomorrow, walk up to this kid and punch him straight in his North!!! :wink:
  • I hope you told your son to go into school tomorrow, walk up to this kid and punch him straight in his North!!! :wink:

Ha,ha

I wouldn't mind the kids name is Upton as well!
  • Hello Al I was born and raised in west ham so had some experience dealing with those horrible lot, I made the right move and supported a proper club, just like you and your son.
  • Sorry grandson
  • Hello Al I was born and raised in west ham so had some experience dealing with those horrible lot, I made the right move and supported a proper club, just like you and your son.

Born in Eltham me, married an Essex girl, now live on Canvey Island, full of bloody Hamsters giving it large!
  • I have an 8yo boy - although he loves football his interest in Charlton is almost negligible all he knows is how angry Charlton makes his dad every week at the moment - but come that bright, shiny day when Roland and his entourage leave he won't know what hit him.

There are still I hope thousands of Charlton fans out there with 2-3 years now of pent up frustration ready to be turned into incredible support and passion when the right owner, manager and players one day come along.

It's the hope etc...
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Hello Al I was born and raised in west ham so had some experience dealing with those horrible lot, I made the right move and supported a proper club, just like you and your son.

Born in Eltham me, married an Essex girl, now live on Canvey Island, full of bloody Hamsters giving it large!
    I grew up on Canvey. I'm sure in those days me and my dad were the only Charlton fans. There were couple of kids in school who claimed their dads supported Charlton, but I never saw any evidence of it. Loads of Hammers fans back then; worst was around the 1975 cup final. For weeks on end, it was like there wasn't a person on that island who didn't go around all day draped in claret and blue. Except dad and me though; we wanted Fulham to win - and for no other reason than that they weren't Wet Sham.
  • Essex_Al said:

Just got home from work to learn from my wife that my 9 year old grandson went to school in tears this morning!

Why is that luv?

''His West Ham supporting mate called for him this morning and then royally took the piss about us getting relegated last night, Freddie in tears!''

Seriously, I better teach him to man up, there's a lot more downs than ups being a Charlton supporter!

Tell him not to worry now, secondary school will be a 100 times worse.
  • Essex_Al said:

Why is that luv?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOHPuY88Ry4

Call him Sue.
  • even Essex Al has seen the light , things must be bad !
  • Essex_Al said:

Hello Al I was born and raised in west ham so had some experience dealing with those horrible lot, I made the right move and supported a proper club, just like you and your son.

I was born and raised in a village Nr swanley. Married an Essex girl, now live in Rayleigh. Also full of bloody hammers!
  • Born in Erith , raised in Mottingham and married an Essex girl , we lived in Sidcup till 4 days before the birth of our first born and we moved to Epping Forest to be near her family .
    It's full of Spurs or West Ham here , I've only seen one scum fan this way so there are some advantages
  • braydex said:

Essex_Al said:

I was born and raised in a village Nr swanley. Married an Essex girl, now live in Rayleigh. Also full of bloody hammers!
    You've got it easy.

Born in Woolwich. Grew up in Eltham until I was 30. Moved to Beckenham, married a girl from a Palace family. Millions of Palace in Beckenham.
  • edited April 2016
    Often when Palace are playing at home I see a few people getting off the bus outside by house in Bromley, complete with stripey shirts and scarves.

I may have to ask the landlord for a discount.