Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CARD STATEMENT 2: BRIGHTON HOME GAME

Comments

• Options
    Protest with your backs to the wall comrades

; )
  • Options
    http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?336681-Next-Saturday-at-the-Valley
    Good bunch, apart from Blues Rock DJ, who seems to be their equivalent of Colin.
  • Options
    Anyone recognise the York goalkeeper in that clip above?
  • Options
    The Fanackapans were in Brighton for the Fans United match too and we're very grateful to their supporters for reciprocating on Saturday.

Let's all hope the outcome both on & off the pitch makes for a memorable day in SE7.
  • Options
    I think Brighton will back us despite obviously needing the win

I am only coming to protest sorry if that offends but we are a basket case that needs to be sorted and I hate hen
  • Options
    Is the game going to be on TV?
    If so, could someone put the link up please....CAAAALLLLLLLLLUUUUUUMMMMMM
  • Options
    Really looking forward to this!

For those who can't get there, will anyone be covering the march on periscope?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

seth plum said:

Brighton fans have been excellent over this, seeing as how excited they are for this promotion push, and they have every right to expect to enjoy a successful footballing day out.

Many thanks in advance to the Seagulls who are able to show support for our efforts.

I'm sure we will thank them properly by handing them the 3 points.
    It's not like we need them any more is it!
  • Options
    A Brighton win is taken care of, we are shit, they are more than competant this season.

Let the protests begin.
  • Options

seth plum said:

Brighton fans have been excellent over this, seeing as how excited they are for this promotion push, and they have every right to expect to enjoy a successful footballing day out.

Many thanks in advance to the Seagulls who are able to show support for our efforts.

I'm sure we will thank them properly by handing them the 3 points.
    Except that we win when we protest, the lack of effort by charlton fans last week when we lost proving the case in point following the wins previously when we did make the effort at the start of each match. And this week it sounds like we are going to be protesting big time - any promotion nervous Brighton fans might as well not bother to turn up now, the benefit of their last two wins could be about to get reversed ...
  • Options
    Uboat said:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?336681-Next-Saturday-at-the-Valley
    Good bunch, apart from Blues Rock DJ, who seems to be their equivalent of Colin.

some great comments on there ... which does not surprise me, they are a decent bunch of fans
  • Options

Maybe you can guess by my sign on that I am an Albion fan, for over 50 years and was involved (not as an organizer) in all our Demo's against Archer and Bellotti and the sale of our ground etc and would like to add my support to you guys. Always had a soft spot for Charlton, not just for the mutual hatred of the Croydon Cretins, but saw one of the best games of football back in the late 70's at the Valley, 4-3 to you, Peter Ward scored a couple think Hales got some as well, great game, huge crowd and superb fans. Also at the Goldstone (RIP) Fans Utd day and well documented that Charlton had the most fans their from any club, and we have long memories. I hope to get their early on Saturday to support you and know of quite a few fans who have tickets in home ends and I can assure you with just seeing the game and supporting Brighton and your clubs want in removing your owners.

Hints from the experts on getting rid of owners:

1.Never Give up
    2.Get really organized
    3.Rally all supporter organizations, all in it together
    4.Get media support (we got Danny Baker, who was superb for us), plus some big wigs in national newspaper.
    5.Don't use violence
    6.Get support of other clubs (Fans Utd)

Remember who you friends are, and I can assure you, we are one of many.
    Oh and can we have 3 points please, as you sadly not need them and would you rather Burnley go up ?

Yours in Sport

cheers ...incidentally, it's unlikely Danny Baker will help as he's a spanner :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

Well done CARD and thanks Seagulls

I just hope that our protests do not affect the match itself as for BHA it is an important match in their push for promotion.

I agree - we shouldn't do anything which affects the game for Brighton. They deserve to go up and if they beat us, I won't be disappointed now that we're down.
    So not affect the game unlike Brighton who got their game abandoned against York in 96 when they had similar issues to us now?

I'm not suggesting for 1 minute I will be on the pitch stopping the game, but let's not lose sight of what Brighton had to do to regain their club
    Getting the game abandoned could really affect Brighton's promotion effort, as the game would be rescheduled - they couldn't give Brighton the 3 points as it would be unfair to the other clubs around them. When Blackpool got their game abandoned, and Huddersfield were given the points, it was the last game of the season and Huddersfield were mid table
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    And it has to be said, that while the Brighton fans did amazing things to save their club, Brighton have got to where they are now thanks to rich investors like Tony Bloom who've invested vast sums

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2925026/Brighton-s-poker-playing-owner-Tony-Bloom-hoping-Seagulls-play-cards-right-against-Arsenal-FA-Cup-tie.html

• Options

And it has to be said, that while the Brighton fans did amazing things to save their club, Brighton have got to where they are now thanks to rich investors like Tony Bloom who've invested vast sums

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2925026/Brighton-s-poker-playing-owner-Tony-Bloom-hoping-Seagulls-play-cards-right-against-Arsenal-FA-Cup-tie.html

Spot on, but not sure if you know that Mr Bloom is a mad Brighton fan, and he family has been involved in the club all their life's, Grandad and Uncle were on the board and major shareholders. We are very lucky after all the shite we went through to have an investor who has done it as he loves the club. He has invested nearly 200 million and converted the 'loans' to shares, without any guarantee that he will get his money back. Think it is for Invoice and tax reasons a 20 year interest free loan, without clauses. If we go to the Premiership, then he gets some dosh back. Think we have a man that we can trust, as history dictates. So hopefully their is a group or individual out there with the same love for your club, as went from the worst owners to the best in a few years (bit like our ground as well)
  • Options

Spot on, but not sure if you know that Mr Bloom is a mad Brighton fan, and he family has been involved in the club all their life's, Grandad and Uncle were on the board and major shareholders. We are very lucky after all the shite we went through to have an investor who has done it as he loves the club. He has invested nearly 200 million and converted the 'loans' to shares, without any guarantee that he will get his money back. Think it is for Invoice and tax reasons a 20 year interest free loan, without clauses. If we go to the Premiership, then he gets some dosh back. Think we have a man that we can trust, as history dictates. So hopefully their is a group or individual out there with the same love for your club, as went from the worst owners to the best in a few years (bit like our ground as well)
    And good luck to you!

What I was getting at, is that while fans can do a lot, ultimate success is these days (nearly always) dependant on having a good and rich owner. If you're lucky, you can get one who's a genuine supporter as well...
  • Options
    edited April 2016

Dick Knight was a great chairman and a fan, and he saved us, but he was just a 'poor' millionaire, so to take us from Div 3 and Withdean, we needed a rich man with the same love of the club as Dick Knight, we got one and you will again one day, keep the faith.

Cannot question Tony Bloom's commitment and dedication to Bhafc. We desperately need his equivalent!