Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Another Lookman rumour with a twist

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is believed to be interested in Charlton Athletic forward Ademola Lookman, according to the Addicks' former manager Ian Holloway. The 18-year-old has been a revelation this season, breaking into the first team at The Valley before going on to score four goals in 20 Championship appearances in an otherwise dismal campaign for the club.

By Nick Howson
April 19, 2016 17:08 BST

What happened to Riga?

Comments

• Southampton are after him too it seems.. guess we'll be finding out very soon once we're down
  • ross1 said:

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is believed to be interested in Charlton Athletic forward Ademola Lookman, according to the Addicks' former manager Ian Holloway. The 18-year-old has been a revelation this season, breaking into the first team at The Valley before going on to score four goals in 20 Championship appearances in an otherwise dismal campaign for the club.

By Nick Howson

What happened to Riga?

Was that similar to the Lloyd Doyley deal? Or the Wim De Corte reign?
  • Even worse, Palace are sniffing round.

And you know what Pardew is like for a forward.
  • The twist if you have not noticed is, who was our former manager
  • Wouldnt be surprised if Roly sells him to Palace just to annoy us.
  • I was expecting the twist to be the Caen wanted to swap for Andy Delort!!!

Disappointed now :(
  • Thanks for the (brief) memories Ade. Good luck where ever you end up.
  • Spurs and Southampton were linked in I think The Express yesterday. I trust nothing papers write regarding transfer rumors at this stage of the season, but it seems he has suitors.
  • ross1 said:

By Nick Howson

What happened to Riga?

No wonder RD appointed all these obscure foreign head coaches, after experiencing Ian Holloway!
  • Sponsored links:

• Nice bit of research Nick....clueless twat!!
  • Could think of a lot worse places for him to go than saints
  • I must be one of the only current season ticket holders that have never seen him play........ :neutral:
  • All this hype makes me laugh, I know he has been playing in a poor team but 4 goals in 20 games hardly makes him a super star does it.
  • Addickted said:

Even worse, Palace are sniffing round.

True. But all the ones he bought us were shite!! Like shooting fish in a drum and that twat still managed to miss with every shot...from a Gatling gun!!!
  • Addickted said:

Even worse, Palace are sniffing round.

Palace need a top quality Number 9, rather than the small, pacey Lookman type. Perhaps we can flog him Watt for £10m
  • ABC.

Anywhere but Crystal (Palace).
  • He needs to find a club which allows him to play a central role rather than stick him out on the wing as often happens with those who are young and fast. I'm sure he will play for England one day - so please make sure that there is an International appearances clause in the transfer agreement.
  • Normally fans get excited with how much money the club will receive for a player, then thinking about who you can spend the money on.

Not with us, where will the money go on player sales in the summer? Certainly not on new players.

It is almost academic how much they go for.
  • edited April 2016
    Is "Another Lookman with a twist" the name for a new cocktail? Ir will never replace Vodka Martini shaken not stirred.
  • Sponsored links:

• Normally fans get excited with how much money the club will receive for a player, then thinking about who you can spend the money on.

Not with us, where will the money go on player sales in the summer? Certainly not on new players.

It is almost academic how much they go for.

Almost, but not quite - the more comes in, the more the debt is reduced, the less RD will want for selling the club.
  • Halix said:

Is "Another Lookman with a twist" the name for a new cocktail? Ir will never replace Vodka Martini shaken not stirred.

I should have put a different headline, the twist, as I have said earlier was that it mentioned Ian Holloway as a former manager, but very few readers of this thread have noticed this
  • Does this mean Holloway breaks Leroy Rosenoirs record as the shortest tenure as manager. Leroy lasted all of 10 minutes at Torquay. I think we all blinked and missed Holloway so must have been a matter of seconds, thanks for putting us right Nick and congrats to Ian on breaking the record
  • He's a big investment opportunity with alot of potential.. (Not quite billboard level)

I expect the best place for him via growth and development is a big club in the premier league.

He won't get a look in at the moment at a club like West ham, but strangely it wouldn't surprise me if spurs or man united saw his as young talent worthy for the purchase.

He's English...and people say he's a good kid. That is important.
  • All this hype makes me laugh, I know he has been playing in a poor team but 4 goals in 20 games hardly makes him a super star does it.

In England it does. Look at Rashford, he is a decent player and has potential but according to the media he is already world class.